frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Lets see pics of your bike

Comments

• Options
    espej09espej09 Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    lets lock this one up Websty... @Zach Boring is going off half cocked
    village idiot
  • Options
    DHansenTriDHansenTri Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    One would think @Saqeralkhalifa would also have a little extra fuck you money to afford some matching wheels... and maybe a non-bitch rear wheel for that Scott.
    espej09Robert Rankincocojuniorwchevronellsworth53tyournotuniqueGranpa ChookRyan Heisler
    Living life in pursuit of triathlon greatness and not pissing off my wife. Also trying to understand Dark Mark and why he's left New York yet again, but this time for Oklahoma. At least it's not Florida.
  • Options

A+ for color coordination.

F- for aero atrocities.

C average. Remember C's get degrees @TheRealStarky

@Zach Boring when you say matching Colors i'm assuming your talking Skin to Bike, Bike to Wheel Stickers.

TRS WEST - NOLA, Miller Lite Drinking Truck Driver
  • Options
    Zach BoringZach Boring Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Exactly. @oldmanchad
    Zach Boring, Overly Average Looking Man
  • Options

One would think @Saqeralkhalifa would also have a little extra fuck you money to afford some matching wheels... and maybe a non-bitch rear wheel for that Scott.

lol, LET ME EXPLAIN! I do have matching wheels, the road bike was a setup for a draft legal triathlon (Zipps are more aero than Mavics) and I only have a Zipp Disk for the rear. That said, the organizers changed the race to a draft illegal only a day before so I switched both wheels to my aero bike. Didn't want to use the disk because there was a lot of cross winds.

@TheRealStarky I was getting ready to dismount here, but I do have a problem staying aero on this bike in a 70.3 or full Ironman.
    DHansenTrimassiAaronWebsteyMartin
  • Options
    Stiletto - sleek sexy and my weapon ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    espej09M_WareTRS_triellsworth53tmbrekk44kjrunninAaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoyournotuniquekawessel2
  • Options
    DHansenTriDHansenTri Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member

lol, LET ME EXPLAIN! I do have matching wheels, the road bike was a setup for a draft legal triathlon (Zipps are more aero than Mavics) and I only have a Zipp Disk for the rear. That said, the organizers changed the race to a draft illegal only a day before so I switched both wheels to my aero bike. Didn't want to use the disk because there was a lot of cross winds.

@TheRealStarky I was getting ready to dismount here, but I do have a problem staying aero on this bike in a 70.3 or full Ironman.

I completely understand @Saqeralkhalifa. You didn't have your disc wheel handy when they switched the race format, BUT luckily just happened to have your tri bike in the plane. Definitely would have been better off saying there was a missive sand storm with 100kph wind or some shit and they wouldn't let you ride your disc. ;)
    yournotunique
    Living life in pursuit of triathlon greatness and not pissing off my wife. Also trying to understand Dark Mark and why he's left New York yet again, but this time for Oklahoma. At least it's not Florida.
  • Options

One thing that never ceases to amaze me: a thread about bikes will accumulate more hits than almost any thread about a serious topic.

I attribute this that some people (myself included) don't believe we have much to contribute to serious topics or my opinion / belief has already been stated. Now take a topic like "show me your bike", pretty much everyone has a picture of their bike and can participate.

I really like TRS and the close knit community that exists in this forum and the fact that people like Joel and Paulo share their knowledge and participate in discussions. However, it can be somewhat intimidating for new people. Like starting a new job (or when younger going to a new school) some people jump right in while others have difficulty.

Shit, that was way too serious for a bike thread.
    espej09kjrunninScheck48M_WareAaronWebsteyTRS_triyournotunique
  • Options
    Robert RankinRobert Rankin Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    balsdorf said:

One thing that never ceases to amaze me: a thread about bikes will accumulate more hits than almost any thread about a serious topic.

I attribute this that some people (myself included) don't believe we have much to contribute to serious topics or my opinion / belief has already been stated. Now take a topic like "show me your bike", pretty much everyone has a picture of their bike and can participate.

I really like TRS and the close knit community that exists in this forum and the fact that people like Joel and Paulo share their knowledge and participate in discussions. However, it can be somewhat intimidating for new people. Like starting a new job (or when younger going to a new school) some people jump right in while others have difficulty.

Shit, that was way too serious for a bike thread.
    What happened to @George Kruse? He'd help make people feel comfortable posting anything.

AaronWebsteyyournotuniqueItsShug

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    This is from a "Retro Race" that we did as part of the Tri Club San Diego race series on Fiesta Island.

I didn't have a retro bike, so I went with retro clothes. Yes, that is a cardboard fairing over my road helmet.

Brian aero position2
    MattGregwarrowchevronyournotuniqueGranpa ChookKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    jreno3jreno3 Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    would not fit in trash bag.
    Gregwarro
  • Options
    There is a definite need for instructions on how to take a picture of your bike...
    P1301694
    mbrekk44
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator
    Including taking it from the wrong side, @cathcam ? :))
    TimOLearymbrekk44slickfins_RyanAaronWebsteyyournotuniqueneil5youngmassiGranpa ChookEvanbalsdorf
  • Options
    There actually are instructions. Seems you've broke them all :))
    Mattbalsdorfellsworth53t

• Options
    image1

New team member. Here is a pic of my sled, ain't she a beaut!! :D
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I broke most of these rules in both my pics, but follow these and your beater will look good (at least better)
    http://www.croydoncyclist.co.uk/taking-a-picture-of-your-bicycle/
    KenElPescadoPelado

• Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Wtf is a biddon? Sounds like the reason I log onto eBay.
    Granpa Chook
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    Zach BoringZach Boring Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    @Pescado Pelado

"I log on to ebay so I can get my biddon"
    KenElPescadoPeladotoebutt769
    Zach Boring, Overly Average Looking Man
  • Options
    yournotuniqueyournotunique Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    @DHansen1877 Not only that, but some tunnel time to get rid of that helmet. I'm so disappointed, @Saqeralkhalifa.
    DHansenTri
    -I know it's wrong. Blame old AOL character limits. Illadelph | Follow yournotunique

• Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    @Zach Boring we can expand on that:

"I logged onto eBay to get my biddon, then put a biddon a couple of biddons."

biddons
    AaronWebstey
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    How to take great photos of your bike

The Basics
    1) Clean the bike
    2) Install/Align tire logos and tube valves (for clinchers)
    3) Flat saddle
    4) Slam stem (flat or negative rise only)
    5) Remove saddle bag, bottles, computer (but ok to keep the cages, computer holder, etc.)
    6) Chain in the big ring + smallest cog
    7) Drive-side only
    8) Drive-side crank either at 3 o'clock (horizontal) or in line with your chainstay
    9) Valves at 6 o'clock (pointing up) or hidden between fork/seatstays
    10) Hide skewers

espej09
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    OK, so the front wheel valve isn't perfect, but you get the idea.

(Showroom bike, not mine)

peteM_WareAaronWebsteywchevronmbrekk44espej09KenElPescadoPeladoAdam WBrent_RSaqeralkhalifaPreachSwanson
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Drool
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Is it time to resurrect this thread? Here is my sweet little birthday bike from The Racery. Thanks @Devon Palmer for answering all my questions and getting her here so quickly.
    birthday bike
    ellsworth53tPreachSwansonsimonsen77jakesaundersmbrekk44idking90Craig DGasBombKenElPescadoPeladoAdam Wespej09AaronWebsteyRobert RankinMartinBrent_Rkjrunnin
    Queen of All Pins and A+ Enabler
    Send your Pinterest suggestions to me at:
    QOAP@triroost.com
    http://www.pinterest.com/triroost/
    Queen of All Donut Awards
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    @Devon Palmer for president. Let's Make America Handsome Again.
    simonsen77GasBomb
  • Options
    Just joined the forum and saw this thread, figured I might as well throw mine in the mix. Sorry the front valve isn't at 6...
    current tri rig
    Mattsimonsen77Adam Wmbrekk44AaronWebsteyGasBombItsShugespej09M_WareBrent_Rellsworth53tSaqeralkhalifakjrunninyournotunique
  • Options
    GasBombGasBomb Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Happy to announce that I have a new project in the works. Will unveil photos soon! She's gonna be purty!!
    KenElPescadoPeladoespej09M_Waresimonsen77ellsworth53tmbrekk44

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity
  • Options
    simonsen77simonsen77 Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Here's my whip after a winter of tinkering. New wheels, basebar, brakes, and groupset. Downtube bottle is just for training.
    M_Wareellsworth53tmbrekk44GasBombAaronWebstey
    First #BAAW Badge Recipient

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch