frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

The TRS Edition Falco V | TRS Triathlon

SystemAdminSystemAdmin Administrator
edited June 2015 in Articles

imageThe TRS Edition Falco V | TRS Triathlon

For those who are willing to leave behind the traditional looking bikes and enter into the world of dreamers, welcome to the Falco V. This...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Agree on the paint job. Looks awesome and way better than the from styles
  • Options
    That's Tron styles...
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    All bikes definitely need an assembly guide! Especially when it's a new and/or non-traditional design. Things like the housing/cable lengths dependant on frame size, the type of brake housing required can affect braking performance, Di2-specific instructions, etc. Also, recommended torque values are extremely important as many companies won't warranty the frames if it's not followed correctly.
    trsradio69PreachSwansonyournotuniqueHSeeley14
  • Options
    PreachSwansonPreachSwanson Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Yep @ Matt we got none of that... I did look at torque values from the parts manufactures and had to guess cable lengths. I also was an idiot and tried to run the cable housing through the Di2 specific hole in the front derailleur, not one of my finer moments but it was late and I'd had enough beers that I should have stopped anyways.

I will encourage anyone to ask questions I didn't answer... I felt like I could have wrote this up 7 different ways so no one way was going to be great. I am also not a top notch guy so ask what I messed up and how to fix it.
    Aaron WebsteyMattTheoBW_TriKonCityyournotuniqueHSeeley14
    TRS Racing
    I'm an angel with an incredible capacity for beer
  • Options
    very nice final product!!!
    PreachSwanson

Christopher Konecny, PharmD
    Follow me on Twitter @CK21TRHC
    I am raising money for the Eleonore Rocks Foundation, a foundation that focuses on helping terminally ill children as well as assisting the families of these kids. Please read more about the foundation and consider making a donation at: https://eleonorerocks.givezooks.com/grassroots_fundraisers/christopher-konecny
    Any amount will help! I greatly appreciate your consideration! Keep on Rockin'!

• Options
    JakeJake Member
    Cool pictures, but I stopped reading at "IMS Adomo"
  • Options
    Mark_after_DarkMark_after_Dark Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers, POTM
    Just got mine put together. First race on it this weekend. Let's see how she goes.
    Aaron WebsteyGentlemanJerseyDavePreachSwansonHSeeley14
  • Options
    PreachSwansonPreachSwanson Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Pictures @ Dark_Mark or it hasn't happened
    TRS Racing
  • Options
    Seriously a sexy ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    He is, isn't he. Nice bike, too!
    jennacaerRyan HeislerPreachSwanson
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Not too shabby
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    Mark_after_DarkMark_after_Dark Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers, POTM
    edited June 2015
    Ok, just got done with my first real ride on this thing, and let me tell you...it is Fast as Fuck™.

Here is the workout: https://www.strava.com/activities/322573384

Here is what I had working against me:

-Very low tire pressure (my pump is broken)
    -No aero gear
    -VERY windy, gusty crosswinds. I was out of aero for maybe 20% of the time
    -I am relatively out of shape
    -I did not hammer this ride. I was at about 70% effort.

I am super impressed with this bike. Now I am looking forward to my race this weekend, where it will hopefully make up for my lack of run or swim training, general fatness, and excessive drinking.
    Aaron WebsteyRyan HeislerScheck48yournotuniqueJames Lange
  • Options
    photo (3)
    James LangeAaron WebsteyRyan HeislerPreachSwanson
  • Options
    James LangeJames Lange Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    That thing looks Fast as Fuck™ just leaning against a garage door!

• Options
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Spent. Poof
    #KOAT
  • Options
    How are you guys liking this bike now? Still in love with it? Does the lack of bottle bosses and bento box bother you?

I'm recording this.

• Options
    I'm still in love with mine. It is comfortable and now that I know how to work on it, it's not bad. That said, others not as much as me, I know of a seat post quality control issue. I do not miss the bosses or the spot for a bento as I use a strong mixed bottle in my Falco bottle, 2-4 gels I cart in my kit and water in the aero 30. I love the space in the frame as I hold two spares in there and it works slick, you could even put all the tools in there. If you ever want to talk, let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TRS Racing
  • Options
    ewuibfdsjbkdsfnik3qri4289hbjkewfknldsf
    Ryan Heisler
  • Options
    I'm not in love, but got started late and haven't got many miles in. Seat post is my main complaint. I cannot reach the Falco bottle very easily (my arms aren't long enough apparently) so hydration will be a focus of mine next Spring. I put all my tools and spares inside the frame too which is cool, even changed out the hex screw with a thumb screw so I didn't have to worry about keeping an allen wrench handy. I went with single front ring and smaller cranks so a bit more adjustment than I was expecting but I am going to make it work.
    WTC Free since 2010

• Options
    This bike is shit. I didn't get a free or heavily discounted one, that's why I can say it.
    dhrJames Langetwig05

Do you know who I am?

• Options
    trsradio69trsradio69 Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    I need to head to the float tank and think about this thread for an hour or so. So much to take away and contemplate. So many why's.
    _Black_FredJames Lange
  • Options
    Just finished mine but Having difficulty with the seat post clamp, when I adjust the height of my seat post I then can't seem to get the metal shim to clamp down tightly enough and securely keep the seat post in place. Any advise?
  • Options
    @Louis The only thing that worked for me was a 2 part epoxy. That is about it.
  • Options
    Mine worked, Marks didn't - it sucks when it doesn't. Sorry, still ride the damn thing - just don't die
    TRS Racing
  • Options
    About a week after I took the bike home from my LBS I decided I needed to raise the seat a couple MM, sure enough once I loosened the allen bolt more than a couple turns I heard the inside piece rattling inside the frame. I'm useless with such a task so I took it back to the LBS and they played with it for about 20 minutes and fortunately got it back where it should be. They kept turning the frame upside down little by little trying to find whatever that spot is where the allen screw will mate properly. At this point, for all I know my seatpost has seized, but at least it is at an acceptable position. Under no circumstances will I touch it again.
    WTC Free since 2010

• Options
    I said it at the beginning of the post: follow the assembly guide.

If there is none, I wouldn't buy it.
  • Options
    Is anybody can help me to find. the clamp system between the saddle to the aero seat post
    That clamp is composed of many cast iron pieces ,one on the side split .
  • Options
    falco said:

Is anybody can help me to find. the clamp system between the saddle to the aero seat post
    That clamp is composed of many cast iron pieces ,one on the side split .

Are you looking for the internal seat post locking mechanism? It's a one off as far as I can tell and Falco would be the only place to get an exact one. The other option would be to fab a piece up to replace yours. Honestly that might be faster and less expensive and stronger in the long run.
    TRS Racing
  • Options
    You've confirmed what I thought , fab one with a machinist. . By the way I leave in Australia iQLD State but originally French from nNew Calédonia .
    Thank you Buddy .

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch