frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

My morning

Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
For those of you who are not my FB friends (i.e., all of you), this sums up my morning.  Merry Xmas.

Screen Shot 2014-12-22 at 2.10.37 PM
#KOAT

Comments

• Options
    What the actual fuck happened?
    Resident Gear Guru
    Bike Crash Free Since August 4th, 2014
  • Options
    PreachSwansonPreachSwanson Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Manual transmission, not parking break on, in neutral?
    TRS Racing
    I'm an angel with an incredible capacity for beer
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    You got it, Preach - from my FB comments:

1. get kids buckled. 2. start car, begin backing out of driveway. 3. realize jacket is inside, take car out of gear to run inside. 4. hear strange scraping sound. 5. run outside to see this. 6. shit pants. 7. open door to see two excited boys saying 'daddy the car fell down!'. 8. call neighbour. 9. take picture
    Ryan HeislerHSeeley14ItsShugADRBillyyournotunique_MurManIronfan
    #KOAT
  • Options
    That was going to be my guess as well. 

For what it's worth, the parking brake in my stick Elantra Touring is more like, to quote the late Mitch Hedberg, an Emergency Make the Car Smell Funny Lever.
    Aaron WebsteyDuckiesyournotuniquedrjocy
    Resident Gear Guru
  • Options
    I wish I could blame it on the parking brake - I didn't even have it on. #fatheroftheyear

Also FYI I will DarkMark any Mitch references.
    Ryan HeislerMark_after_Dark
    #KOAT
  • Options
    I always drink with two straws, in case one breaks down.
    Aaron Webstey_MurMan
    Resident Gear Guru
  • Options
    I used to do drugs.  I still do, but I used to too.
    Ryan HeislerDuckiesNictarabayyournotuniqueRobert Rankindrjocyoldmanchad
    #KOAT
  • Options
    I went to the store to buy a candle holder, but they didn't have none, so I bought a cake.
    Aaron Websteyyournotuniquedrjocy
    Resident Gear Guru
  • Options
    I use tartar control toothpaste. I still got tartar, but that shit's under control.
    Ryan HeisleryournotuniqueIronfandrjocy
    #KOAT
  • Options
    An escalator is never out of order. It is "escalator temporarily stairs." Sorry for the convenience.
    Aaron WebsteyyournotuniqueRobert RankinIronfandrjocy
    Resident Gear Guru
  • Options
    I'll also note that this is done entirely from memory, which is both tremendous and a sad commentary on the state of my affairs.

Last one:

I can't tell you what hotel I'm staying at, but there are two trees involved.
    Aaron WebsteyyournotuniqueHSeeley14drjocy
    Resident Gear Guru
  • Options
    To name a kitchen appliance, you just add 'er' to what it does. That's what I'd like to be, a kitchen appliance namer: "This keeps shit fresh - it's a 'fresher'. I'm goin on break."
    Ryan HeislerHSeeley14drjocy
    #KOAT
  • Options
    That was my last one too, and of course from memory. It's still sad, but would be even worse if we were just playing "copy shit from one site to another" :)
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Based on the lack of posting over the last 48 hours, I'm starting to think we scared everybody else away.
    Aaron Webstey
    Resident Gear Guru
  • Options
    It's going to be pretty depressing if this thing fades away into you and me swapping comedian quotes and other stupid jokes.
    Ryan Heisler
    #KOAT
  • Options
    My roommate said "I gotta go shave and use the shower. Does anyone need to use he bathroom?" It's like some weird ass quiz where he reveals the answer first.
    Ryan HeislerAaron Websteyyournotunique

TRS WEST

• Options
    OH THANK GOD ITS SOMEONE OTHER THAN WEBSTEY AND I POSTING.

...I was getting worried.

Also, well done.

I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it.
    Aaron Websteyyournotunique
    Resident Gear Guru
  • Options
    My friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana. I said no, but I want a regular banana later. So yeah.
    Ryan HeislerAaron Websteyyournotuniquedrjocy

TRS WEST

• Options
    Holy crap man. Glad everyone is ok
    Aaron Webstey

Zach Boring, Overly Average Looking Man

• Options
    Thanks @zachboring !  It definitely could have been a lot worse.  Those kids are too trusting of their old man.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Every book is a children's book if the kid can read!

His delivery was amazing
    Aaron Websteyyournotunique

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    Apparently I took the parents car for a rip when I was 3 years old as well. The only difference was I fled the scene when the car came to a stop. I believe my parents shit their pants as well!
    Aaron Webstey

Kelly Lentz
    TRS Canada Chapter
    Please direct all complaints to James Lange

• Options
    Is...that...a...hill of some kind? Finding it hard to tell.
    HMKP
  • Options
    I once thought I put my car in park, but in reality left it in drive (note that I had a 9 month old in car seat at the time) while I ran back into grab something. I got out, and quickly realized it was not in park. I gracefully (or not) made it back into the car just as the car shoved the lawn mower through the back of garage wall! That wasn't a fun phone call to make to the husband!
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    yournotuniqueyournotunique Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    edited December 2014
    If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.
    Aaron Websteydrjocy
    -I know it's wrong. Blame old AOL character limits. Illadelph |
  • Options
    PreachSwansonPreachSwanson Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    I'll start with, "it wasn't me" but while in college I was one of 150 student drivers for the U of Iowa bus Cambus. We had a guy park at dispatch (in the middle of the football stadium parking lot) and he opened the front & back doors, got out to get a soda & set the rear doors to close on his way out. The rear door hold the regular breaks on with a 2 second delay after closing for safety reasons. This guy didn't set the parking break and the result was a bus taking out two trees and getting hung up in the side gate of the stadium 8 feet from heading down a main isle onto the field. The bus needed a new front, new handicap lift and a new driver.
    Aaron WebsteyRyan Heisler
    TRS Racing
    I'm an angel with an incredible capacity for beer
  • Options
    @PreachSwanson and @Nictarabay thanks for the stories!  I'll have to show those to my wife ;)  And yes @Kpressure, that is a small hill.  They wouldn't have made it over 5km/hr I'm sure, but enough to wreck up the tree and scratch the car's front :)
    Nictarabay
    #KOAT
  • Options
    _MurMan_MurMan Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    My biggest fear driving manual is pulling out of the parking garage, that has a very very steep incline, and rolling back into someone when everyone is trying to leave at once and it gets backed up! Cause you know, God forbid you leave more than 6 inches of space between you and the car in front of you... But I do hear if you get as close as possibly the traffic will go away! 
    Aaron Webstey

Sean Murnane - East Coast Hooligan

• Options
    @_MurMan this is why I am quite happy that there is hill assist on our (also stick!) Kia Sportage. Hit the brake, lightly double pump the clutch; holds the car in place.
    Aaron Webstey
    Resident Gear Guru
  • Options
    Glad this all panned out alright man. Makes for a decent story with no one being hurt but man that had to be scary with the kids inside.
    Aaron Webstey

Great Uncle, Average Father, Mediocre Triathlete

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch