frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

"Pros-only forum" - Ideas for exploitation (for Age Group eyes only!!!!)

James LangeJames Lange Member, Rooster Endurance Member
I have to say that I am a little offended by this "'Pros-only' private forum". If my hero Andrew Messick has taught me anything (and you know he's taught me a lot) it's that Professional Triathletes should not be celebrated or made to feel special in anyway. They must be exploited.

While I can begrudgingly accept this "'Pros-only' private forum" as a good way to bring Pros to this forum, I also feel that this exclusive section of the forum needlessly exalts them. Therefore, following the rules of Newtonian physics, we need an "equal and opposite" reaction to belittle the Pros to bring them back to their natural, exploited state.

As always I have no ideas myself, so I am turning to you. How do you think we can exploit, ridicule, disparage, or otherwise abuse the professional triathletes who join this forum?

Ryan HeislerTheoDHansenTri_MurManADRBillyHSeeley14Rob Thwaites

Comments

• Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM
    I think there should be an "Age Group" only forum, which lets us secretly view all the threads in the "Pros Only" forum. Then we will know exactly how to exploite them to serve our own needs.
  • Options
    Here's an idea: create a post, tag all the pros in the forum, write something like "I did nothing at work this month. Not even a top-500 performance." And then *boom*, attach a picture of your paycheck.
    yournotuniqueTheomorganstyerHSeeley14The True GroffyoldmanchadRob ThwaitesMatt

• Options
    wchevron said:

I think there should be an "Age Group" only forum, which lets us secretly view all the threads in the "Pros Only" forum. Then we will know exactly how to exploite them to serve our own needs.

No. This makes it seem like we need them. Belittling pro triathletes should be easy.

• Options
    I think a small icon that says "pro" next to their name (like Twitter's verified) would be the best solution. They can know they are talking to each other, we can know that we're talking to one, but they aren't walled off from us. Evil needs good, or else it doesn't exist. Pro's can't be pros without age groupers to be better than.
    James Langeyournotunique

I'm recording this.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    I like where you're head's at @ ZenTriathlon. If they were easily identifiable ridicule could be dolled out more efficiently!

I don't mind them having their own forum to hang out in on TRS though. Up to this point they've been shuffled off to street corners, under over-passes, and homeless shelters, and it's like my buddy Andrew always says, "Treat your pros as you would want a stray dog to be treated."
    PreachSwanson

• Options
    TheoTheo Member
    The bigger question here is, will Frederik Flagstad be granted entry to the "pro-only" forum?
    Aaron WebsteyPreachSwansonJames LangeBrent_RHSeeley14

seems like kind of an asshole =)

• Options
    Ok, looks like the pro forum has been created. And I already hate it. BOO! #jealous
    Aaron Webstey

I'm recording this.

• Options
    PreachSwansonPreachSwanson Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    I want them to address the union question for the pros

Aaron WebsteyTheoyournotuniqueHSeeley14Scheck48
    TRS Racing
    I'm an angel with an incredible capacity for beer
  • Options
    Yeah, I keep bringing it up that they should. Now they have a place to talk about it as a group.
    Aaron Webstey

I'm recording this.

• Options
    yournotuniqueyournotunique Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    @ PreachSwanson Didn't that sort of actually happen with a drone at race in Australia or somwehere? Fell on a pro's head in the finishing chute?
    -I know it's wrong. Blame old AOL character limits. Illadelph |
  • Options
    The pro was thinking about equality, so Ironman hit her in the head with a drone. Happens all the time.
    Aaron Websteyyournotunique

I'm recording this.

• Options
    GrantInSLCGrantInSLC Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Messick's evil knows no bounds, kamikaze anti-pro drones. Was he piloting it himself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    He was piloting it with his mind, thinking in Russian. (Clint Eastwood Firefox reference)

I'm recording this.

• Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    @ ZenTriathlon isn't there a MENSA forum somewhere that you should be on?
    David Hibbs
    #KOAT
  • Options
    @ ZenTriathlon Firefox is one of the best Russian-thought-controlled-aircraft movies of all time!

• Options
    The GlackThe Glack Member, Pro Triathlete
    I have a feeling the Pros Only forum is like a scene from "Eyes Wide Shut".
    trsradio69James LangeyournotuniqueHSeeley14Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    ZenTriathlonZenTriathlon Member
    edited June 2015
    I quit thinking MENSA was cool when I realized they are more weird than smart. And jobless. I'll hang out with you normals and collect a dayjob paycheck instead. Scott Adams correctly noted that all the MENSA meetings are during the day when functional people are actually busy at work.

A good Firefox clip. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky-uzsw0kqw
    Aaron Webstey

I'm recording this.

• Options
    TheoTheo Member
    Are pros actually coming and signing up for the "pros-only" forum? I'm not asking for an inside scoop or sneak preview, but just wondering if they are seeing this as an opportunity and taking advantage of it.
    James Lange

seems like kind of an asshole =)

• Options
    I like the idea of a pros only forum, BUT, I think it needs to be more exclusive...for example if there are 15 pro male slots in the forum there should be a random disproportionate number of female slots for example 10. This would keep the forum more in line with current pro triathlon trends...
    James LangeAaron Websteytrsradio69Theo
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Theo said:

Are pros actually coming and signing up for the "pros-only" forum? I'm not asking for an inside scoop or sneak preview, but just wondering if they are seeing this as an opportunity and taking advantage of it.

There are currently over 50 'Pro Triathlete' forum users. I can say that there has been some activity, and I am hopeful that it will grow and thrive. I don't think @TheRealStarky has directly called out pros to get involved yet (he has tweeted about this thread!), and I expect things might pick up a bit if he does, but I'm more so hoping that the pros themselves will get the word out to each other.
    James LangePreachSwansonTheo
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Holy shit, 50 is a lot at this point. What's our total number of users?

• Options
    #KOAT
  • Options
    PreachSwansonPreachSwanson Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Not to be mean but I thought we might hit 20 the first week or so... this is great!
    Aaron WebsteyJames Lange
    TRS Racing
  • Options
    When the forums get to the point of having about 1,000 users, will there be some tipping point where we no longer no each other with meaningful (online) relationships and the whole enterprise spirals into a Blue Gray death?
  • Options
    @ KLassman that might happen no matter what... as a pastor I usually say that I can know about 150 unique people at church at the level that all of them will want/think I do... the rest, I know enough to make an educated guess. That's what happens here, you know the ones you got started with/hang out with now/trash talk with and the rest are mostly like minded posters so your guess is going to be good. What will keep us different then the Blue Gray death machine is the people here keeping the DNA of this place as it was formed.... that and I think @AaronWebstey will delete us all when that happens.
    TRS Racing
  • Options
    @ PreachSwanson ha - I'll never have that tight a grip on this forum ;) But I do agree that the DNA of this forum 'feels different' from others. We need some scientists to work on sequencing forum DNA sequences.

Plus @ KLassman we have profile pictures so we'll always be real friends.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    @AaronWebstey After watching your forum prowess for a couple weeks now, I think we should all wear headbands to indicate that we are real friends. This is another guy with big wattles who looks eerily similar to your profile shot. He looks pro, and that is what counts, right?

Jim_McMahon_312136_0_0
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    @ KLassman is he double-banding it?? Definitely a pro. It looks like someone photoshopped his tiny head onto some gigantor body. Extra points for anyone who has a headband in their profile pic! I'll make a badge for it :)
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Careful @AaronWebstey . There is the Tim The Don style headband and then there is the Andy Potts version. Radically different. Also, you should give either demerits or bonus points (for irony) for anyone wearing an orange Tough Mudder headband. You may need some headband criteria. I can see an entirely new dominating thread -- similar to aeroweenie approval -- for approved headgear.
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    @ KLassman you're a genius.
    #KOAT

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch