frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

You help me decided: Titanium or Carbon?

Zach BoringZach Boring Member
edited December 2014 in Main

I've had this thing for a titanium road bike for forever......I have a nice road bike and it gets the job done. Fill out the poll below to help me decide....feel free to tell me how silly I will look with a shiny frame and why I should stay carbon....

Zach Boring, Overly Average Looking Man

Road bike frame choices
  1. Which one should I stick between my legs this year?11 votes
    1. Titanium, because it's sexy and give you that cool retro feel
      45.45%
    2. Carbon.....because carbon....
      54.55%

Comments

• Options
    I'd also say this depends what you plan to do with the bike.  If you're looking for an aero racing road bike I think you might need to go carbon, functionality-wise I think titanium (totally undervalued in the cycling world).  I road around on a Litespeed T1 during IM Chattanooga chasing the wife around - totally love that shit.  However I also want a Litespeed C1R - I can decide between the two.  

I also love that the T1 is made right here in the US.  The manufacturing of that bike is pretty sweet.  

Not sure if this link will work, but you should check 'em out: http://issuu.com/litequintana/docs/3verb-0149_2015_ls_catalog_final3_s?e=9172059/9100756

I might be able to swing a deal with them if you really are interested. 

Living life in pursuit of triathlon greatness and not pissing off my wife. Also trying to understand Dark Mark and why he's left New York yet again, but this time for Oklahoma. At least it's not Florida.

• Options
    I totally agree on the titanium being undervalued. I have a foil now and love that thing, just have always listed for a ti bike. Don't really road race. More of the gran flndo type and use my roadie as a group ttraining workhorse.

Also, thanks for the offer on the litespeed, but plan to go with a falco variant if I go down this path

• Options
    yournotuniqueyournotunique Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    @zachboring Here's my view: You already have a road bike. It's almost harder to find a *non* carbon bike anymore. Titanium is awesome and will last you forever and a day. 
    _MurMan
    -I know it's wrong. Blame old AOL character limits. Illadelph |
  • Options
    yournotuniqueyournotunique Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Huh, can't seem to edit the post since I hit "post" too soon. 

Anyway, I obviously was getting to the conclusion that you should go with titanium. Also, you can get brushed metal Ti and not have to go with the shiny look. I've seen a couple and they are stunning.
    -I know it's wrong. Blame old AOL character limits. Illadelph |
  • Options
    My vote is carbon... But my vote is always carbon. Litespeed makes some sexy titanium, and they're SUPER nice guys. I'd buy from them in an instant for a Sunday group ride bike.

Call them and tell them what you're looking for. They make a Ti cross bike that is to die for.
    DHansenTri

TRS East

• Options
    @DHansen1877 I've ridden the C series frames before; I have a review up on my blog from February or so? They're nice, very comfortable for an aero frame, but that particular bike didn't climb well. I find, in part, issue when a native BB30 has a crank that is anything but BB30 in it (in this case, Shimano Hollowtech II.)

@zachboring go Ti. I don't think you'd ever regret that decision. My dream "do it all" is a Ti cross bike.
    Resident Gear Guru
    Bike Crash Free Since August 4th, 2014
  • Options
    I voted carbon.  But it seems like you want a different bike so go with Ti. 

Nathan Kiser
    Just FYI, you... are also less than mediocre. -TheActualPaulo

• Options
    They still make Ti?  Big mistake of mine was dumping my told Miyata titanium road bike as I had no idea of what I had. 
    WTC Free since 2010

• Options
    This has gotten me so torn. If anyone wants a scott foil for decent price, hit me up. That will make my decision easy

• Options
    Damn, here i thought i'd be the deciding vote. Looks like I just added to the intense debate.

TRS EAST-because West side story just wasn't that great

• Options
    @zachboring I offer you the low, low price of $1. Price is Right rules, correct?
    Resident Gear Guru
  • Options
    @rrheisler Ha, I'm all for giving some on the team a deal, just may a tad highrr than a dollar...make it 2 and throw in a snickers and we will call it even ;)

• Options
    SOLD.

Also, I went to law school. So that's definitely an offer and acceptance. BOOM! I'll even toss in a beer to wash your tears away with. :)
    Resident Gear Guru
  • Options
    Also, please note the above post should be pink.
    Resident Gear Guru
  • Options
    There are no rules in this forum!

• Options
    Theo
    Resident Gear Guru

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch