frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Reactions, badges, and ranks

AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
edited December 2014 in Help
By now, you've probably been spammed with messages about some badges you've earned.  I have finished setting this up, and now we can have even more fun with rankings as follows:

Reactions: under each post (except your own), you can now react to a post and give the poster points as follows:
  • Like.  You like this post.  1 point.
  • #Blessed.  This is pretty great.  2 points.
  • Dark Mark.  This post is funny.  1 point
  • WTF.  This post is stranger than a @Kpressure tweet. 1 point.
Badges: When you post, comment, and generally participate, you'll get point rewards.  You can see the top posters, points, and list of badges here:  http://forum.trstri.com/badges/

Ranks: When you get enough points, you get ranked.  I am currently at level 3, or "Rooster".  The ranks are:
  • Level 1 - Capon
  • Level 2 - Headless Chicken. 5 posts required. Account must be at least 1 day old.
  • Level 3 - Rooster. 15 points, 50 posts, 1 week.
  • Level 4 - Cock Of The Walk. 75 points, 200 posts, 1 month.
  • Level 5 - Big Wattles. 250 points, 400 posts, 3 months.
Finally, use the "Best of ..." link on your left-hand sidebar to see what's ranking highly using the new system.  Sorry, the old likes are gone.

Post hard,
Webstey

PS - wattles are like rooster nards, according to HMKP. 
#KOAT
drjocyJulia Chevlin

Comments

• Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    @ellsworth53t and @rrheisler , wait till you see what I've got in store for tonight, re: most posts etc :)
    #KOAT
  • Options
    @ellsworth53t and @rrheisler , wait till you see what I've got in store for tonight, re: most posts etc :)
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Got mentioned in this post. This forum leaves me very confused as to what my name is

Zach Boring, Overly Average Looking Man

• Options
    Fucking hell.  OK, gotta try to fix that first.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    I may have fixed it.  Please let me know if it happens again.  The downside is that you can't get "advanced notifications", i.e. you can't get notified when a given category gets a post.  Apologies, but this is the only easy fix until a new version is released.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Also @zachboring , did you have any category notifications configured?  Also @Theo and @Kpressure , I think this was happening to you, same question - did you edit your profile and set up notifications for some/all categories?
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Yes I did. It only happens when a new thread is started (I have that turned on). Only sometimes it will say "you were mintioned in" instead of "XX thread was started"
    AaronWebstey

Zach Boring, Overly Average Looking Man

• Options
    Ahhh, excellent.  That is a known bug, that users who set those notifications were wrongly notified when *anyone* got mentioned in a new thread.  So if you should have been notified of a new post, but I mentioned any user, you would get notified that you were mentioned.  Now that I've turned off category notifications, this should be fixed until the new version comes out.  At that point I'll be able to re-enable cat nots.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    I got a "you were mentioned" but now I can't tell becuase you mentioned me. NOT eggsellent.
    HMKP
  • Options
    i'll start a new one called "not for katie" to see if it happens again. :)
    #KOAT
  • Options
    _MurMan_MurMan Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    @AaronWebstey why are all these people so needed? #GetOverIt 

Guess I'm the only one that can follow instructions... #hashtag 

Sean Murnane - East Coast Hooligan

• Options
    guess your hashtag thing was a fail... @AaronWebstey

• Options
    Hey, why didn't that work?  #hashtag
    #KOAT
  • Options
    you are spelling hashtag wrong
    HMKP
  • Options
    Weird, it seem to work #sometimes.  And sometimes #not.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    #CRAZY

• Options
    only for you @AaronWebstey

• Options
    #CRAZY
    wtf?
    #KOAT
  • Options
    #whyareyouguyssobadathashtags
    HMKP
  • Options
    #crazy
    Maybe it just doesn't like caps?  All bow to HMKP
    #KOAT
  • Options
    #wtf I want mine to work.. 
    drjocy

• Options
    You did it buddy!
    #KOAT
  • Options
    yayyyy Im so proud of my computer skills, now only if i knew what i did... 

• Options
    Change the thread name to pissing contest. Winner winner chicken dinner

village idiot

• Options
    #hotpockets

TRS WEST

• Options
    #calientepockets @TheDonMagicDon
    drjocy

• Options
    I go to bed early and this #shitshow happens?

#DiarrheaPockets #JimGaffigan #TheOriginalWhiteMilk
    Resident Gear Guru
    Bike Crash Free Since August 4th, 2014
  • Options
    #frozen #or #boilinghotmagma

TRS WEST

• Options
    Is #shitshow trending?
  • Options
    #CarlosCaliente

TRS WEST

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch