frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Bike Sponsors 2021

MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
First, I will put the rumours to bed and announce that I will be staying with my current bike sponsor for 2021. That would be myself because I am slow, and no one would ever sponsor me. The only changes I expect on my bike this year are the used Thomson seatpost I just snagged and some new bearings for my pedals.

But there are a bunch of pro sponsorship changes happening, which is interesting since you are sponsoring professional athletes that are not really competing. If you haven't seen Josh Amberger's Specialized sponsor video, look it up. It's a riot.

@Matt - are sponsorships handled by head offices or local offices? I'm thinking a combination of the two, which would explain why all of the Spanish Spesh guys appear to be staying in place while the Commonwealth athletes are all changing. Either that or Canyon is going to sponsor all the remaining pro athletes in the world and they figure they have Spain covered with their Movistar deal.
KenElPescadoPeladoAaronWebsteyM_WareStruangTad_MCraig_Dkjrunninwchevron

Comments

• Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Thanks for the tip to watch Amberger's video. It's a great video. I mainly follow shortcourse so wasn't paying attention to sponsor changes for lc athletes and would have missed it. I think it's the best new sponsor video I've seen.

I am curious to see who Blummenfelt signs with for his bike sponsorship. I was surprised to see him off of Specialized in what is hopefully an Olympic year. Specialized just sponsored Georgia Taylor-Brown so they have added another female Oly favorite.

Does anyone know anything about Spivey? She's been riding her Time bike from her French team (@poissytri) but I would think she would sign her own sponsor. I am curious if she is going to announce a bike sponsor of if her Team sponsorship prevents it.

M_WareAaronWebstey
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Making it easy,
    Jennifer PostCraig_DMattMartinAaronWebstey
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch