frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

30 for 30 Lance

MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
Inspired by 30 for 30, which is just reinforcing my view that Lance is the product of his generation of pro cyclists, and not morally better or worse than most other elite pro athletes of that time.
  1. You can invite Floyd or Lance to the Sworry Trials to hang out at the after parties. Which is it?15 votes
    1. Floyd
      53.33%
    2. Lance
      46.67%

Comments

• Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    Wow, wouldn't that be cool if both showed up. Talk about entertainment.... @Martin , please talk to your booking department to arrange the visits.
    AaronWebstey
    visit Michigan July 16th to 20th - The Sworry Trials and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    I feel like you'd get all the best Lance stories out of Floyd, and lots of rose-tinted Lance stories out of Lance :)
    MartinMattCraig_DKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Floyd seems like a whiny little bitch who didn’t get his candy like all the others and decided since his life wasn’t fair, nobody else’s should be either. Lance, on the other hand, seems like an egotistical ass who at least had the ball to destroy everyone in his way during his ascension, rather than after his fall. You can learn a lot more from Lance (both positives and negatives) than Floyd.
    AaronWebsteyMartinCraig_D
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Floyd would definitely have better weed.
    AaronWebsteyTad_MCraig_D
  • Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM
    Lance is more of a partyer. Seems like he'd be more fun, as long as he was the center of attention.
    AaronWebsteyCraig_D
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Martin said:

Floyd would definitely have better weed.

We can now all get excellent weed at the corner store. No Landis needed.
    MartinAaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    wchevron said:

Lance is more of a partyer. Seems like he'd be more fun, as long as he was the center of attention.

I'll take Bob Roll at the Sworry Trials any day of the week.
    AaronWebsteyCraig_DMartinJennifer Post
    visit Michigan July 16th to 20th - The Sworry Trials and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    I'm waiting for the news that Lance doped as a teen triathlete.
    AaronWebstey
  • Options
    RashRash Member
    Lance is taking a page from the Pete Rose book.

"Ok, I did this, but I never did that"
    (few months/years later)
    "ok, I did that, but I never, ever did the other thing"
    (few months/years later)
    "ok, I did the other thing, but I promise you I never did anything beyond that"....

Hasn't worked out too well for Pete. Lance is perhaps having more success, but it also helps in his case that almost every other person in his sport was doing the exact same thing.
    AaronWebstey

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch