frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Falco reborn

doyoueventribrodoyoueventribro Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
This popped up as a sponsored Instagram post. It blew my mind. Did this company just buy the Falco molds?

Comments

• Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    edited November 19
    The factory probably reclaimed the mould when Falco went under and couldn't pay. Now open to any company as open mould and rebrand it with paint/decals.
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Matt said:

The factory probably reclaimed the mould when Falco went under and couldn't pay. Now open to any company as open mould and rebrand it with paint/decals.

Besides its looks, why would anyone want to reissue this frame? Wasn't it legendary for being a pain to set up and wrench?
    Matt
  • Options
    doyoueventribrodoyoueventribro Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Martin said:

Matt said:

Besides its looks, why would anyone want to reissue this frame? Wasn't it legendary for being a pain to set up and wrench?
    It's a beam bike that's cheap.
    Martin
  • Options
    gregkgregk Member
    edited November 21
    Doesn't have disc brakes - instant fail. That does look like a press-fit bottom bracket, though, which gives it a redeeming point and extra creaking. Dimpled bottle, +1, except for that Harambini dude (or whatever his name is) said dimples are useless, so -1. Does it have an internal 69 ounce water bladder? If not, -1. Is it an e-bike? If not, -1. Basically, total horrifying failure, unless it accepts 650b fat bike tires and a new yet-to-be-announced axle standard - in which case I'll take two (one for fixed-gear-commuting, and the other for riding the RAAM race, but going off course and straight to @AaronWebstey 's house to rochambeau).
    AaronWebsteyMattCraig_DrangamelTad_Midking90
    The Dude at Minimal Multisport Podcast, Blog, and YouTube.
    MY PATREON!
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Out of curiosity I googled it. They appear to be selling this as a USD$3000 Shimano 105 bike without wheels. But it's CAD$6000, so if you can find a Canadian stupid enough to buy it you can arbitrage your way to about $1,500 US.
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    @gregk !!!

visit Michigan July 16th to 20th - The Sworry Trials and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    I wonder what Hambini and Pubes think of it.
    I think I found my tribe of assholes.

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch