frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

FUCK YOU, ALBERTO SALAZAR, YOU PIECE OF SHIT!

bbculpbbculp Member, Rooster Endurance Member
Discuss...
AaronWebsteyidking90

Comments

• Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    I am waiting for the supposedly clean athletes on Bowerman Track Club to dare to say something. Sure, Salazar is the coach and drove the program but Nike funded it all knowing it was a doping operation. Reportedly Nike also paid for Salazar’s and Brown’s legal defense.

Even though BTC has a different coach, they are still funded by Nike and therefore signaling to the world they are ok with Nike funding and defending doping.
    James LangeMartinAaronWebstey
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    Why not lifetime?
    Meaningless without banning the athletes too.
    James Langekjrunnin
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I admire his willingness to test on his own children. That's some serious comic book villain level evil.
    Jennifer PostKenElPescadoPeladoidking90
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    edited October 1
    Article? Or should I simply reply based on my current understanding of the situation: i.e. he’s a lying piece of shit with a bunch of athletes who are also lying pieces of shit.

Backed by a company that makes amazing shoes that are unmatched in the industry, and who in no way sponsored known dopers (Lance was clean, too). Nike is simply a marketing machine, and as such, it doesn’t bother me they support cheats in order to advance their bottom line. They simply throw money at all top athletes, in nearly all sports, hoping to get others to buy in. Adidas, NB, ASICS, etc have all sponsored drugged athletes. And it’s safe to assume there is at least grey area doping going on with everyone at the top level. Supplements are just drugs that haven’t yet been banned.
    KenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    I like that WSJ picked up story that Salazar was briefing Nike CEO.

Here’s the recap: https://www.usada.org/sanction/aaa-panel-4-year-sanctions-alberto-salazar-jeffrey-brown/
  • Options
    Lifetime bans for everyone.
    This was a weak response IMHO.
    All the Salazar stuff I've read (or heard firsthand in some cases) over the years is shady as sh$t.
    Jennifer PostM_WareAaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPelado
    Resident Genius.
  • Options
    Weak, sure. But you honestly think the US, UK or IAAF are going to ban the top names in the sport, or lay down any sort of sanction against Nike? As most articles state, Nike is athletics. The onus is now on race promoters to stop these athletes form coming. For one, I'd love to see the Chicago Marathon people come out and say Rupp and Farah (and any other athlete with current or former Salazar connections who didn't speak up) aren't allowed to race. But that won't happen. Because: money.
  • Options
    PevashishDaulPevashishDaul Member, POTM
    You so crazy Brad.
    bbculp
  • Options
    ImmerCImmerC Member

Article? Or should I simply reply based on my current understanding of the situation: i.e. he’s a lying piece of shit with a bunch of athletes who are also lying pieces of shit.

Have you seen the article implicating Nike's CEO was aware that Salazar was testing testosterone topical in Nike's labs with his signoff?

Besides that, yes. Anyone who continued to associate with Salazar as things came out is either guilty, dumb as hell to have stuck with him and believed him, or they're clean and believe that working with him isn't an ethical dilemma even if other people are doping. And I have problems with all 3 of those groups
    Craig_D
  • Options
    @ImmerC the Nike issue is difficult to deal with. On one hand, they pump money into the sport as a marketing effort to put shoes on the feet of the world’s running population, knowing full well that without their support athletics would be a shell of its current state. And as such, they don’t care about doping and likely are in favor of it to some degree since it produces headline performances. They’re chasing a 2 hr marathon because it’ll sell shoes (it already has) and won’t question the methods of the runners to get there. The reputations of their athletes have been tarnished in all sports, yet brands like Jordan and Woods are still worth multiple billions, and Nike is worth 2.5x adidas. Because at the end of the day, our memories and attention spans are short, and we inevitably want that next “great” thing. Nike knows this, and will certainly be complicit in ensuring it happens in their brand.
    Struang
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    ImmerC said:

Have you seen the article implicating Nike's CEO was aware that Salazar was testing testosterone topical in Nike's labs with his signoff?
    The Nike spin machine is saying this was research into potential sabotage of their athletes by nefarious actors using topical testosterone creams to trigger false tests.

Carry on.

James Lange
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
  • Options
    StruangStruang Member, POTM
    Martin said:

The Nike spin machine is saying this was research into potential sabotage of their athletes by nefarious actors using topical testosterone creams to trigger false tests.

Carry on.

It's funny they went with that line as that was Salazars' original defence when the BBC/ProPublica reports first came out in June 2015. Youd think a PR machine like Nike could come up with something better over 3 years
    Craig_D
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    My copy of Duel In The Sun is signed by the author John Brant, and the potential? 1982 Boston Marathon Champion Dick Beardsley.
    Nice!

M_WareCraig_DbbculpMartinMatt
    visit Michigan July 16th to 20th - The Sworry Trials and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    Who cares. I admitted in a Triathlete Magazine article a few months ago that I used Androgel for 5 weeks in my early 20s... during which time I won my age group (over 3 other people) at an Xterra in Northern Arizona.

If you're not cheating, you're not trying.
    wchevronAaronWebsteyJames LangeCraig_DTad_M
  • Options
    Johns622Johns622 Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    With the Mary Cain video and article yesterday, this gets significantly more exciting. Not only is this dude a doper, but a true piece of shit as well. As lovable as the BTC women are, makes it hard to support them.
  • Options
    RashRash Member
    I think the true piece of shit part was already well established by the fact he was testing on his own children.
    bbculpAaronWebsteyMatt
  • Options
    @Johns622 I wouldn't lump the BTC group in with the Oregon Project. They're very independent of each other.

And if Gwen's marathon progress is any indication, BTC is definitely lacking NOP's "secrets."
    Maddie_McKTad_MCraig_DMattJohns622Jennifer Post

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch