frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Alphas and Betas

DerekLDerekL Member
So StansWorld™ is now Spandex Thunderdome, and I expect full fledged very poor cage fighting to ensue shortly. I'm not sure if I should start a pool, take screenshots, cry....

We need a hero to save us from all these alpha spandex warriors. Somebody please answer the call since you know who abandoned us in our hour of need.
M_WareJennifer PostMattCraig_D
I think I found my tribe of assholes.

Comments

• Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
  • Options
    PevashishDaulPevashishDaul Member, POTM
    Hey Gang,

Pev Daul here. I’d like to respond by making uninformed blanket statements. Then, when someone counterpoints I’ll agree with them, then state that we should all get along.

Finally, I’ll segue to some pointless reference to an 80s or 90s athlete or race detailing something insignificant.

Welp, off to being a great parent Trainiacs!

Pev
    Mark_after_DarkAaronWebsteyGasBombJames Lange
  • Options
    DerekLDerekL Member
    Matt said:

Give us the TL;DR

Michi Weiss apparently punched an AGer who called him a doper during a race. ST is here to analyze the situation. Weiss is a spandex wearing 150lb alpha according to a fellow alpha poster. He's also pointed out that everybody else is a beta soyboy. Names are thrown around and a battle royale at Kona is planned to settle this. Also drafting penalties make you a cheater on par with doping now.

All clear?
    M_WareMattCraig_DKenElPescadoPeladoMartinAaronWebsteyGasBombJames LangeTad_M
  • Options
  • Options
    ItsShugItsShug Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    edited August 4
    DerekL said:

Matt said:

Give us the TL;DR

Names are thrown around and a battle royale at Kona is planned to settle this.

I'm in.
    Craig_DM_WareKenElPescadoPeladoMartinAaronWebstey
    Demotivational Speaker
    Master of the Absurd - King of all Polls
    Kansas Native
    Tweets Me  Follow ItsShug
  • Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM

M_WareMattDerekLCraig_DMartinidking90AaronWebsteyTad_M
  • Options
    ImmerCImmerC Member
    DerekL said:

Matt said:

Give us the TL;DR

Michi Weiss apparently punched an AGer who called him a doper during a race. ST is here to analyze the situation. Weiss is a spandex wearing 150lb alpha according to a fellow alpha poster. He's also pointed out that everybody else is a beta soyboy. Names are thrown around and a battle royale at Kona is planned to settle this. Also drafting penalties make you a cheater on par with doping now.

All clear?
    I'm not sure which thread is better, ST on Weiss or ST on diversity
  • Options
    GasBombGasBomb Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    Ugh, this thread caused me to check out the slowtwitch forums for the 1st time in over a year. It will take some time for the bullshit I just waded through to wash off. What a shit show!
    DerekLPevashishDaulCraig_DImmerCMattJennifer PostAaronWebsteyTad_M

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity
  • Options
    DerekLDerekL Member
    GasBomb said:

Ugh, this thread caused me to check out the slowtwitch forums for the 1st time in over a year. It will take some time for the bullshit I just waded through to wash off. What a shit show!

You're welcome!
    GasBombCraig_DJennifer PostTad_M
  • Options
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    I just had to go check out the ST thread on diversity. I’ve learned it is best to just skip the buildup and go straight to the latest page and dig in. Have to say several posts exceeded my expectations of madness. Thanks to a post, I now understand that triathlon is so white because the best black athletes are playing NFL and NBA so there aren’t enough left over to participate in triathlon. WTH?
    ImmerCM_WareMattAaronWebstey
  • Options
    dhrdhr Member
    I love that Stan’s partner asked to “unpack diversity” on the fucking Slowtwitch forum. Like that’s the first time diversity has been discussed anywhere and motherfucking SLOWTWITCH is really going to get to the bottom of this.

Jesus Christ.

I, too, have an uneducated and ignorant perspective that I believe deserves equal representation on this topic. Thank you, internet!
    Jennifer PostM_WarePevashishDaulTad_MJohns622
  • Options
    dhrdhr Member
    Also, Dev Paul must suffer from some sort of brain trauma. I refuse to believe anything else.
    Jennifer PostM_WareMattPevashishDaulCraig_D
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    You can ask him yourself. Paging @PevashishDaul !
  • Options
    dhr said:

Also, Dev Paul must suffer from some sort of brain trauma. I refuse to believe anything else.

Was it the bike crash in the early 90s in Switzerland?
  • Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM
    Matt said:

dhr said:

Was it the bike crash in the early 90s in Switzerland?
    I think it was getting run over by the bus last year.
  • Options
    Hey Gang,

Pev Daul here for comment.

Dudes, please get it straight.. i crashed at IM Switzerland in the 2010s and got run over by a bus recently.

The accidents have limited by mobility a bit (see my 712 posts describing this) but my mental abilities are fine. I can still judge people, give unwanted advice and be a general dickhead just fine thankyouverymuch.

Having some physical downtime has allowed me to concentrate on the important things more: telling thousands of strangers everything about myself even when no one needed or wanted to hear.

Well Trainiacs, the saying goes to “leave them wanting more” so if you need me just mention any subject and somehow I’ll be there to respond with useless stories about myself.

Hope this helps,
    Pev
    Craig_DwchevronMattAaronWebsteyJames LangeGasBombTad_M
  • Options
    P.S.

Stans balls smell of lavender and sage.
    Craig_DwchevronGasBombTad_M
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member

P.S.

Stans balls smell of lavender and sage.

I just bought Lavender and Sage deodorant. Throwing it out now, damn you.
    M_WarePevashishDaulCraig_DMattAaronWebsteyTad_MKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    edited August 15
    Can I hire @PevashishDaul as a color colour commentator?
    visit Michigan Aug. 1-4 - The Sworry Trials
    https://www.facebook.com/The-Sworry-Trials-2194532304133322/
  • Options
    I only comment on 80s and 90s triathlon, anything Canadian, armed forces, semi conductors, xc skiing, european mountains and my great family life.

If its one of those subjects then I’m your man child.
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Tad_M said:

Can I hire @PevashishDaul as a color commentator?

I thought we were no longer allowed to use "color" to describe someone. He's south-asian canadian.
    Tad_M
  • Options
    He's Canadian, please use "colour". This has been a friendly PSA.
    MartinkjrunninCraig_DTad_MJohns622PevashishDaulKenElPescadoPeladomaggieru

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch