frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

FOUND WTB Road Bike for Trainer

ellsworth53tellsworth53t Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
:::::::::::::::::::Found a bike:::::::::::::::::
Looking for a bike for full-time trainer duty. Must have:

58 cm / large frame size
2x10 or 2x11 drivetrain (53x39 preferred but could do with a compact 50x34)

Front and rear wheels not necessary

Prefer uncut steering tube

Prefer a bike that is already built but would consider a frameset.

Prefer to stay under $450 shipped. May be willing to spend more but am staying within this ballpark

Whatcha got?

Comments

• Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    edited July 16
    I have a set of 9 speed sora shifters on a drop bar I can donate if you go the frameset route. Not sure I ever use the highest gearing on my fluid, so 9 would be enough.
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    edited July 19
    My old Felt Z95 58 frame has been sitting in a spot of reverence on the garage pegboard ever since I identified a crack near the back end of the top tube.

And I believe the groupset I took off the replacement bike was 9-speed. Will take a look if you think it might work. Have 2 extra sets of wheels sitting around, as well.
    ellsworth53t
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    ellsworth53tellsworth53t Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Yeah, interested, dude. Shoot me a PM with deets and a price when you get a chance. No rush.
    KenElPescadoPelado

Leave a Comment

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch