frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Fantasy Tour de France 2019 - win a Roost t-shirt!

Comments

• Options
    James LangeJames Lange Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Fuck I'm sad I missed this. I love sucking at fantasy sports.
    Martinslickfins_Ryankjrunnin

• Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    I lost both Fuglsang and LL Sanchez today.
    Points for Sagan and Viviani are consolation I guess
    Jennifer Post
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    I lost Fuglsang too. Drat.
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    @Matt - Is Sanchez out? He's showing in the results. I figured this would be the perfect opportunity for him to be in the breakaway tomorrow.
  • Options

Remember that you can swap out riders.
  • Options
    Martin said:

@Matt - Is Sanchez out? He's showing in the results. I figured this would be the perfect opportunity for him to be in the breakaway tomorrow.

He's nursing back pain, and will drop out since he doesn't have to protect Fuglsang anymore. Read it on Astana Twitter post-race.

My last 2 swaps. I also picked the wrong Yates...
    Martin
  • Options
    Martin said:

Remember that you can swap out riders.
    Yes! I am lucky I saved my points for end. I was able to swap him for a rider still in contention for overall podium in Paris.

• Options
    Matt said:

Martin said:

He's nursing back pain, and will drop out since he doesn't have to protect Fuglsang anymore. Read it on Astana Twitter post-race.

My last 2 swaps. I also picked the wrong Yates...
    Yeah, I dropped Simon after his first stage win. That was dumb. He's probably going to pull a Triple Dekker this year.

Guess I'll need to choose some other random dude from Astana to win out of the break tomorrow. Why... hello there, Mister Lutsenko...
    Jennifer PostMatt
  • Options
    edited July 24
    Speaking to reporters, CCC rider Geschke mentioned that he expected his team to police the front of the race, ensuring that his coveted overall position was protected through the Alps. Teammate Greg van Avermaet explained that while he was disappointed not to win today, "It was more important that I slow the pace down to prevent Daniel Oss and Ben King from sneaking up a few spots and displacing Simon."

Geschke, 25th overall at last year's tour, was honest in his assessment of the team's performance this year. "We've been a disappointment, really. Holding on to 69th place will at least show that we can control some aspect of the race."
    KHilgendorfMattTad_MCraig_D
  • Options
    Matt said:

Loulou for the win

It's starting to look that way. There are roughly 95 km of serious climbing between here and Paris, but only 55 km of descending.

Imagine what is going on around him right now. A DS and team staff who never dreamed they would have the yellow jersey on this kind of rider this late in the race. A team full of road captains who had prepared for breakaways and stage wins killing themselves for you in the mountains. All of France bar Groupama-FDJ and Thibaut Pinot's mom urging you on. Ineos, the team that has won as many of the last 10 grand tours as all of the other teams in the world combined, including last year's winner (and next year's winner), looking for a chink in your armor, mile after mile, day after day...

Compared to that, surviving Iseran, Tignes and Val Thorens doesn't seem all that daunting.
    Jennifer PostTad_M
  • Options
  • Options
    Matt said:

WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL IS GOING ON

Wasn't it 105 degrees yesterday? What in the hell.... I seriously thought the cycling sites were hacked by Colombians.
    Jennifer Post
  • Options
    David Brailsford, head of team Ineos, allegedly called the CEO of Ineos directly last night and asked him to point his climate change weapons at the backside of Iseran.
    Jennifer Post
  • Options
    And yet another TDF winner with an asterisk beside his name. They should change it to a points race based on stage wins, rather than a time based event.
    Jennifer PostCraig_D
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    @martin "L'omnium de France" doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

My question: I believe Alaphilippe gets back I to the chase group on the 25 km descent, and all pull back 30 sec on the Bernal/Yates duo. But does Bernal have the reserves to kick again and get that extra minute back? Does Thomas attack and pull everyone up to Bernal on the final climb? And could Loulou pull it back together on the lower altitude finishing climb where he undoubtedly has the highest absolute power (and Bernal certainly does not), leaving it all for one final battle on val Thorens tomorrow with the French leading by over a minute.

Based on what Bernal has shown the last 2 days above 2500m, he'll be riding a hideously yellow pinarello in Paris on Sunday.
    Jennifer Post
  • Options
    edited July 26
    Update: stage 20 cut in half, only val thorens climb on tap. Expect carnage from the outset, and a potential overhaul in the rankings.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/key-tour-de-france-stage-slashed-as-landslide-blocks-cormet-roselend/
    Jennifer Post
  • Options
    To top it all off I had Pinot as my captain today.

Ineos wins by a landslide.
    MartinCraig_D
  • Options
    So my earlier scenario about Bernal being worth hundreds of points on Sunday amps up tomorrow. If Bernal wins the climb, he will have THREE jerseys. Just call him El Cannibal.
    Jennifer Post
  • Options
    Matt said:

I want to Dark Mark and Sworry this comment. Which kind of sums up this end to the Tour.

Just wondering if this had been an old school 250 km mountain stage, and some break had been given 30 minutes, would they have given the yellow to someone like Kreuzinger or Reichenbach in the break? Doubtful.
  • Options

@martin . But does Bernal have the reserves to kick again and get that extra minute back?

Yes. Heck, they should throw him into the Vuelta this year given his current form. He's young. He'll recover.

Does Thomas attack and pull everyone up to Bernal on the final climb?

I don't think he has the legs this year, and he knows it, although his post race reaction seems to suggest there was a bigger plan in the works today. He would be ok with an Ineos 1-2, with the order being settled tomorrow.

And could Loulou pull it back together on the lower altitude finishing climb where he undoubtedly has the highest absolute power (and Bernal certainly does not), leaving it all for one final battle on val Thorens tomorrow with the French leading by over a minute.

Nope. I don't think he has Alps legs. The Pyrenees are punchier. The Alps are a bit mellower but relentless.

• Options
    Matt said:

I had Pinot as my road captain too. That makes 2 of my captains for a stage to abandon. I decided to go against my pledge to not have Ineos on my team and I traded for Bernal.

I couldn’t resist. It will be a shameless grab for points or my jinx will see my third captain abandon. I am hoping it is a jinx. I’d like to see Alaphilippe win. Dude gave his jacket to a “refrigerated” kid.
    MattMartin
  • Options
    edited July 27
    I had bernal as captain simply because what he did today was near guaranteed. It had to be. Pissed i didn't get the stage win and bonus points (but neither did anyone else). Had pinot in the team, but now replaced with kruiswijk. Not sure who to choose for tomorrow. It's a short stage, but a 90 min grind up val thorens. It's not high enough to give Bernal the altitude advantage, and a part of me wants to see Quick-Step just shell it from the bottom with viviani leading out Alaphilippe onto the climb. There's still a chance Bernal could be unseated, though certainly unlikely with Pinot out.
  • Options
    Martin said:

Matt said:

I want to Dark Mark and Sworry this comment. Which kind of sums up this end to the Tour.

Just wondering if this had been an old school 250 km mountain stage, and some break had been given 30 minutes, would they have given the yellow to someone like Kreuzinger or Reichenbach in the break? Doubtful.
    What I'm seeing is that the only fair result would have been to neutralise the entire stage. Because that way it's fair for everyone, as "knowing the race distance " is key. Remember when they tried to neutralise a descent in the 2016(17?) Giro and Quintana "didn't know "?
    Martin
  • Options
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Anyone know which Rooster that is?
  • Options
    Matt said:

Congrats everyone!

Vive les Frenchies FTW

Were you Vive les Frenchies? Who was Redstorm? I was Zoom-Zoom. Only cycling podium I’ll ever make since it didn’t involve real cycling.

Matt
  • Options

Anyone know which Rooster that is?

@KHilgendorf ?
  • Options
    It's a somewhat hollow victory for me. "Yay, I'm better at choosing skinny guys in lycra than you all!" But also, ineos/sky takes a win with back-up plan #2. Was really thinking this year was an opening for the other teams, but nobody else really showed up ready to play. The bit players at ineos were weaker than the past, so expect that to be shored up come next year. Opportunity lost for some of the also-rans.
    AaronWebsteyMattCraig_D

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch