frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Fantasy Tour de France 2019 - win a Roost t-shirt!

Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
Thanks to @Martin who took the reins on this last year and set up the league. I'll offer a free t-shirt to the winner! Watch this space for links to play.

Just ask @wchevron , the experience of winning a TriRoost contest is second to none.
#KOAT

Comments

• Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    edited July 2019
    Join me in the league now no.1739 : Tour de Roost
    Password : WTTHY
    By clicking on this link : https://fantasy.letour.fr/#welcome/register/?parrain=eu94knc&ligue=1739&mdp=WTTHY
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Sworry @Maddie_McK and @Brew_Tri can you join the league above (edited)? @Martin and I both created leagues and we're going to use his.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Matt said:
    Thanks! I really need this help. I haven’t been following cycling much this year so I basically only know who didn’t get picked from a lot of social mentions in my feed. Cavendish, Phinney, and Craddock.
    M_Ware
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    OK, so I just noticed that with 140 points you can get an absolute powerhouse team. (I can't even get to 140 with the riders I want to take.) I can tighten this if we want people to select riders from below page 3, or we can leave it as-is. Let me know.
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    I have a 120 point team from webstey's game, and a 140 from yours. Look pretty similar, actually, since you can only have a max of 3 each: leader, sprinter and all-rounder.

With the overall either wide open (if you listen to the press) or an internal battle at Ineos, there is still a lot of intrigue and unknowns on a stacked team of 140. Tbough I probably shouldn't be able to pick alaphillipe, groan-wagen and SAGAN!!!, in addition to van art and some stud GC guys. But like MLB, let us play on the juice. Everyone loves a towering grand slam.
    Tad_MMattMartin
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    Baseball savvy. Eggscellent @KHilgendorf . Extra beer on me someday if we meet.
    MattMartin
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    Wait, is eggscellent still a thing?
    Matt
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member

Wait, is eggscellent still a thing?

I mean, there's no real point in disabling that badger's auto-award...
    Tad_M
  • Options
    Zach MillerZach Miller Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
  • Options

am i in the right league?

Yes
  • Options
    Random thoughts:

1/ Bonus points for jerseys will be multiplied by 5 for stage 21. So if Bernal is in yellow and white, he earns 350 points that day.
    2/ Remember your road captain selections each day, as it's worth double points for the stage.
    3/ Intermediate sprints are worth 15 points for first and score down to 10th. This means breakaway artists (and arguably polka dot jersey chasers) can score a lot of points if played right.
    4/ Stage 9 falls on Bastille Day, and as Phil would say, "It's a cracker." Lumpy, steep downhill finish, crazy French fans.
    5/ Stage 6 is inhuman.
    6/ Stage 14 is going to be won by Nairo Quintana or Romain Bardet. Both will be non-factors on GC by then, and this is a pretty nice stage to have on your palmares.
    7/ Why the hell is Poels worth 17 points ? He'll never finish top 10 on a stage unless both of his leaders are the victims of an unfortunate Stuffed Lion tossing incident in week 1.
    8/ There are quite a few boooorrring stages - I'm looking at you stages 10 and 11 - but not nearly as many as the Giro this year.
    9/ On the flipside, there are a number of short (<140km) stages with huge mountains. Clearly the TdF organizers are aiming for more explosive finishes, and for stages that can be won by athletes that don't spend their mornings eating Fruit Loops with an infusion bag feeding them with fresh red cells. Kudos, even if the Ineos power meter crew will have figured out exactly how many watts they can drive for that shorter period of time to stave off attacks.
    M_WareAaron WebsteyMatt
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    6) it better be Quintana. I have an inkling bardot (ed. Autocorrect, but it stays) will still be in it at that point. Well, at least close enough that non-ineos teams will chase him down if he tries to escape.
    7) Poels could lead 19 other teams and finish top-5 if the support roles flipped. He's expensive for a domestique, but not for his talent.
    Martin
  • Options
    I am "ready for the off!". That's got to be one of the better confirmation emails I've received. :)
    M_WareAaron Webstey
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    My selected team in the general league doesn't carry over to the Roost league?

This has got to be the WORST layout/UI I've ever seen.
    Martin
  • Options
    Not too late to change your picks to one of the teams that is not making this claim!

M_WareJennifer Post
  • Options
    Remember to choose your sprinter, er, captain for stage 1.
    MattJennifer Post
  • Options
    Are scores equivalent across leagues? If you win but aren't in the right league idgaf you still will. Assuming league options don't give someone an advantage.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Holy shit, 18 in our league!!
    kjrunninJennifer Post
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Teams don't carry over since the standard league rider budget is 120, but @Martin awesomely set up ours for 140. So just as in real life, we roosters (much like most TdF riders) need a little extra help to stay in the game.
    Tad_MAaron WebsteykjrunninJennifer Post
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM

Aaron Webstey
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    Shit. @Matt I guess you better get your picks in.

Now offering a prize for top Rooster Endurance member!!
    Matt
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Matt said:

My selected team in the general league doesn't carry over to the Roost league?

This has got to be the WORST layout/UI I've ever seen.

So bad! The location selector was the worst I’ve ever seen. I kept scrolling and scrolling and scrolling hoping to find America/Seattle but it wasn’t there. No way I was going to scroll all the way back up to America/Los Angeles so I held strong and kept my pace and finally made it to America/Vancouver so I am at least in the correct time zone.

MattAaron WebsteyM_Ware
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Stage 1 Recap -

- Eddy Mercx is bigger than Jesus in Belgium. I swear there were more signs and pictures of him in the landscape than churches.
    - Belgians attack from the gun. GVA takes max points on the cat 3 securing the polka dots for at least a couple of days. That might be all we hear from CCC for the next three weeks, so good on them.
    - A crash in the last couple of km of an early Tour stage? THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE!
    - Just kidding. It happens every single year.
    - I really thought Ewan was going to mini-cannonball through there. He's either going to win a stage this year or cause a humongous crash. No guts, no glory.
    - Apparently Jumbo's third fastest sprinter is the best sprinter in the field right now. (He's not a nobody - regular high placings, a couple of wins in second-tier events.) And the Dutch have gone something like 30 years without the Yellow Jersey? Good on Teunissen.
    - What's the over-under on Sagan 2nd place finishes this year? I'm pegging it at 4.5.
    - Crash casualties of note: Fuglsgang, Groenwengen.

Side note: The classification on letour.fr is showing huge gaps. Because the crash happened inside the last 3km, the times should be reset, so if you have Nibali as your yellow jersey hope and figure he just took a minute or three on the rest of the field, don't e-mail @AaronWebstey with your shirt size just yet.

Stage 2 Preview
    Team Time Trial - Expect average speeds over 55km/h. Probably closer to 58 km/h on this course.

- Powerhouse teams: Sunweb, Ineos, QSD
    - Sleepers: Mitchelton-Scott, Astana, Bora-Hansgrohe
    - At risk of missing the time cut: All the French teams
    - My pick for the day: Bora.
    Aaron WebsteyMatt
  • Options
    "- Crash casualties of note: Fuglsgang, Groenwengen."

Two of my picks. Poor guys. I feel like I jinxed them.
  • Options
    I have groenewegen, but also allaphilippe, Sagan and van aert. Just means I need to switch team captains before tomorrow.
  • Options
    Stage 2 Wrap-Up

Less than two minutes separated the best from the least best today. As expected, the French teams brought up the rear with one significant exception: Groupama FDJ was a huge surprise today.

- Any result that doesn't involve Moscon in yellow can't be all bad. That was a clinic by Jumbo. I guess Tony Martin still has a bit in his legs.
    - - Uran allegedly riding a 62-tooth pizza up-front was awesome. Cue the ST forum going crazy.
    - Katusha and Groupama FDJ were the surprises of the day. That's a big day for Pinot and Zakarin.
    - Mitchelton dropping one of the Yates was a shocker. I know it was all for Adam, but having Simon on equal time going into the mountains at least gave them a 1-2 punch. Having him three minutes down is weird.
    - The Trek-Segafredo Retirement Home for Aging Professional Cyclists was the disappointment of the day. Porte was a longshot at best, but losing 1 minute to the other favourites is not going to help.

Winners: Jumbo-Visma, Ineos, Nibbles (Bahrain-Meridia), Pinot (Groupama-FDJ), Zakarin (Katusha), Alaphilippe
    Losers: Trek-Segafredo, Mitchelton (sort of), Movistar (sort of)

Stage 3

The TTT probably put a nail in the coffin of any hope Sagan might have had of sneaking into yellow, barring him grabbing the extra bonus seconds on offer 15 km out and surviving the 15% drag to the finish, but this little finish has Alaphillipe-Dan Martin-Michael Woods-Alejandro Valverde written all over it.

Jersey predictions:
    Yellow: Kruijswijk or Alaphillipe
    Green: Sagan
    Polka Dots: Eight Ball keeps saying "Concentrate and ask again."
    White: Wout or Moscon
    M_Ware
  • Options
    If van aert gets a green light to go for it tomorrow, he's my pick. Yellow, white, plus the stage. Alaphillipe is the backup plan. He might get the stage, but if the group comes to the line together, jimbo won't try with groenewegen, and teunessen is likely too heavy on that slope, too. But the have a hell of a second choice to keep yellow with van aert.
    M_Ware

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch