frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Comments

• Options
    bbculpbbculp Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    So fucking stupid. It doesn't change the fact that there are still too many people of similar abilities racing on a mostly flat highway. This accomplishes nothing other than ruining arguably the most iconic moment in our sport.
    MattAaronWebstey
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    1. Nice work sending the faster women off on the heels of the slower men.
    2. Legit nice: Legacy types (and hopefully those who buy their way in) in the last wave.
    AaronWebsteybbculpMattTad_MCraig_D
  • Options
    Something tells me those who buy their way in (XC Challenge, "His Highness," etc.) will go with their age-groups. Those guys aren't used to going last for anything.
    James LangeCraig_DJennifer PostJohns622
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    edited June 11
    bbculp said:

So fucking stupid. It doesn't change the fact that there are still too many people of similar abilities racing on a mostly flat highway. This accomplishes nothing other than ruining arguably the most iconic moment in our sport.

Very timely to announce this right after losing two swimmers in Madison. Also, I'm so pissed, I was just within 4 hours of qualifying too, and they do this. That's it, I'm dropping to short course.
    James LangeMartinAaronWebsteyJennifer PostStruangbbculpJohns622Maddie_McKKenElPescadoPelado
    visit Michigan Aug. 1-4 - The Sworry Trials
    https://www.facebook.com/The-Sworry-Trials-2194532304133322/
  • Options
    James LangeJames Lange Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I'm so glad we have @bbculp on this forum so I know what to be mad about.

And I agree, this whole age group wave thing is so fucking stupid.
    AaronWebsteybbculpTad_M

• Options
    @James Lange I really don't know why I've been so fucking angry at triathlon lately. Maybe it's because everything else is going surprisingly well... I'm finally making some OK money in this sport; I've got my back issues under control and I'm [somewhat] fit again; the Cubs haven't blown their season yet. Not to mention they just legalized weed and gambling in Illinois...on the same fucking day!

I guess I just don't have anything else to be angry about. I'm sure the Cubs will fuck that up at some point this summer and I'll go back to not caring about all the ridiculous shit Ironman does.
    M_WareAaronWebsteyTad_MSdogPevashishDaulJames Lange
  • Options
    RashRash Member
    @bbculp go read the commentary under the article on this issue at the twitch. I am sure you will find something to be mad about there.
    PevashishDaulMartin
  • Options
    @Rash I'd rather not. Can we just get a snarky summary?
    AaronWebstey
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    bbculp said:

@Rash I'd rather not. Can we just get a snarky summary?

Well, I'm not a woman and I'm mildly offended by the sexism in Stan's posts there. I'm half tempted to visit the women's forum to see their reaction. The rest of the posts are the usual BS you would expect from people that need draft packs to make the 17 hour cutoff in a non-drafting World Championship event.
    bbculpSdog
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch