frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Ironman soon, getting nervous

Brew_TriBrew_Tri Member, Rooster Endurance Member
Doing the Ironman Ireland in about a month. Super nervous that i wont finish. If i can swim 2.89 miles in a pool, bike 100.6 miles and run 14.7 miles do you think i will finish?

Details
Garmin 930

Freak of nature wetsuit

I bought aerobars for my canyon EVO 10, should i buy a tri bike too?
XXX wavecell

Hoka one one carbon X

/s

So, im super under trained for my ironman coming up. What are the good bars in dublin, southern ireland and galway? Also shit to do?(will downvote any comment about the race itself)
AaronWebsteyMaddie_McKSdog
Yay Sports! :#

Comments

• Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM
    Yes, you will finish. Hold back a bit on the bike and you'll make it. Don't buy a tri bike now. Too late for that, save the money and spend it in the pubs.
    Good luck.
    Sdogslamdunc
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    You'll finish, you'll have a blast afterwards, and you will come back here and convince me to sign up next year.
    SdogBrew_TriJennifer Post
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    edited May 29
    Do the Guinness self guided tour. When you are in line for tickets, don't miss the glass viewport embedded in the floor you are standing on. There should be a document displayed beneath your feet that will blow your mind. At the end of the tour, enjoy a pint at the observatory bar. (unless these things have changed). After that, make sure you go to the Brazen Head, 3rd oldest continuously operated pub in the world I think.
    Regarding the IM, make sure you underbike and eat plenty. @wchevron is spot on. You'll finish. Also, perhaps you want to do the tour and pub visit after the IM.
    SdogBrew_TriJennifer Post
    visit Michigan Aug. 1-4 - The Sworry Trials
    https://www.facebook.com/The-Sworry-Trials-2194532304133322/
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    You’ll finish. Take time to make it a big adventure so you have lots of stories for Sworry Trials and Ode to Laz.
    SdogBrew_TriTad_MJennifer Post
    Queen of All Pins and A+ Enabler
    Send your Pinterest suggestions to me at:
    QOAP@triroost.com
    http://www.pinterest.com/triroost/
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    Brew_TriBrew_Tri Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I have no real concerns about the race other than its gonna suck because im gonna feel like ass the whole time.(this will be the 4th 140.6 sticker on the back of my moms car) yall are too nice.

@Matt is there a decent line on there you recommend. I went to ireland with my grandfather and parents to find heritage or something a few years back. so i was realatively sober until a night out clubbing and ended up pissing in the corner of the hotel room.

Also just saw that its pride week in Dublin also. Just gives me a better excuse to wear the budgie smuggler and hand out @AaronWebstey phone number to everyone. Or atleast write it inside one of the irish port a potties.

AaronWebsteyTad_MkjrunninMattJames LangeMartinCraig_DJohns622Jennifer PostKenElPescadoPeladomaggieru
    Yay Sports! :#
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    I can only imagine your grandfather bemoaning your lack of tolerance and shaming the family name. I've never been, so make it an adventure and try some real local whiskeys. Remember NOT to order any 'Car Bombs', as that's like going to any US bar and ordering a 'School Shooting'.
    Brew_TriCraig_DAaronWebsteymbrekk44KenElPescadoPelado

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch