frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Beat "Pro" Max Fennell and Win $1 Million

NHetroNHetro Member, Rooster Endurance Member
in Main
My DVR records anything with "triathlon" in it. This gem came up:

https://www.instagram.com/maxfennell/p/BvWum9SFJqS/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=i776xd2y9dqt

I started Google-ing Max and, of course, tried to compare dick sizes on USAT.

Uh... how did he get his Pro card? It wasnt the easy Criteria E, score 3x +100 points that most neo-pros do.

Still, do you think if I somehow got on the show, faced Max, and was like "Hey I'm a lowly age grouper, but I bet ya $1 million I can beat this pro triathlete in a triathlon instead of an obstacle course.", you think CBS would honor it?
Robert Rankin

Comments

• Options
    That show is ridiculously bad. Max’s name came up when everyone was arguing about the girl with RA being a pro or not on ST. Seems there’s more of these kind of pros than actual professionals in triathlon anymore.
    NHetro

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Are they pro or elite? I think these used to be different (in Canada, anyway). I think I qualified to be Elite one year, so the bar was damn low.
    NHetro
  • Options
    jrielley1406jrielley1406 Member, Pro Triathlete, POTM
    My guess he got top 3 in a race with $5k prize purse. That’s the easier way to do it I think. I would know, that’s how I got mine! Ha.
    James LangeAaronWebsteyCraig_DRobert RankinJennifer Post
    “Pro” triathlete and dad to a crazy, wild, and fun little girl! So basically freaking out on a day to day basis...
  • Options

My guess he got top 3 in a race with $5k prize purse. That’s the easier way to do it I think. I would know, that’s how I got mine! Ha.

There's some ITU route that's supposed to be pretty easy as well. I'm just not sure how he manages to re-qualify for his card with those times, and the races he chooses to race (short course mostly). I'd take my card for grins if I every qualified for one too

• Options
    jrielley1406jrielley1406 Member, Pro Triathlete, POTM
    Yeah the requalification is the harder part. I didn’t look at winners times but maybe he snuck in the 8% rule to get his extended? Who knows!

“Pro” triathlete and dad to a crazy, wild, and fun little girl! So basically freaking out on a day to day basis...
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    I hear they used to let any idiot with a pulse do an itu race back in the 00s
    wchevronMartinKenElPescadoPeladoRobert RankinTad_MJames Langeidking90Mattdoyoueventribroyournotunique
  • Options
    My math isn't the best, but Lagerstrom won Santa Cruz in 3:47 so he was a touch outside the 8% at 4:43 (30 minutes behind the closest pro). He would have been 16th in his AG. His other two races didn't look like they had pro races. He was 2/2 in an open wave (looks like 6th overall) in the Oly and 1/1 in the competitive elite wave in the sprint (it looks like he did actually win the sprint). He wasn't even within 8% of the Oly distance pro races he did in 2017. Says he qualified for his pro card in 2014. Must be doing something right though: "He estimates elite triathlete costs at around $100,000 a year, with competition participation costing about $30,000 and food-nutrition, coaches, massages costing another $30,000. And then there is the equipment and gear and general cost of living."

I am really bored today
    M_WareMartinJames LangeAaronWebsteyA_drizzle

• Options
    I’ve wondered for years wtf he is doing.

Just another model/pro and not the other way around.

AaronWebsteyCraig_DMatt

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch