frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Finding my Arm Warmers

bbculpbbculp Member, Rooster Endurance Member
Dan writing a heartfelt review of Mike's self-published book is the type of thing the Roost was made for.

https://www.slowtwitch.com/Products/Books/Mike_Reilly_Finding_My_Voice_7240.html
AaronWebsteyMartinJames LangeJennifer PostMaddie_McK

Comments

• Options
    PevashishDaulPevashishDaul Member, POTM
    The only thing worse than triathletes is triathletes reviewing a book about triathletes while referring to themselves multiple times.

Next up: Dev Paul reviewing Stan’s review of a man who announces at triathlons.
    bbculpCraig_DAaronWebsteyJames LangeSdog
  • Options
    James LangeJames Lange Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    edited April 30
    Dan writes like a high school student trying to sound smart.
    PevashishDaul

• Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Saying Dan writes as a high school student trying to sound smart is too kind. Middle school student at best.

The first bit made me throw up in my mouth a little. The second bit made me laugh. “Lose my cookies” has always meant to vomit as far as I know.

AaronWebsteyPevashishDaulJames LangeM_WareGranpa ChookCraig_DMartin
  • Options
    James LangeJames Lange Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    lol, 100% "lost my cookies" means to vomit. I also laughed at "who're".

The second sentence ("Ironman has its own Get Ready to Rumble; it’s Gentleman, Start Your Engines; just, it occurs at the end of the contest.") literally means that when you finish an Ironman Mike Reilly shouts out "Gentleman, Start your engines."
    AaronWebsteyJennifer PostGranpa ChookCraig_DMartinM_WareJohns622bbculpmaggieru

• Options
    edited April 30
    He’s a memoir or collection of short stories from going Full Tinley on us.
    James LangeTad_MCraig_Dbbculp
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    I always thought it was "toss your cookies"
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Matt said:

I always thought it was "toss your cookies"

Either way, it means barf.
    PevashishDaulJennifer Postmaggieru
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    I’m picturing an alternate universe where a young boy’s cookies are taken from him and he cries. Sort of like my aunt who thinks LOL means love you lots, but different.
    Jennifer Post
    Queen of All Pins and A+ Enabler
    Send your Pinterest suggestions to me at:
    QOAP@triroost.com
    http://www.pinterest.com/triroost/
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    @PevashishDaul One time, when I was editor of Triathlete, Tinley came to the office with a contract (written on a typewriter) that said his columns were not to be edited at all and must be printed exactly as he turned them in. It also had a bit about the back page column remaining his for as long as he lived. I crumbled it up, tossed it out the window, and that's the last time I've seen or spoken to Tinley.
    AaronWebsteykjrunninGranpa ChookPevashishDaulJennifer PostTad_MMartinMattMaddie_McKCraig_DJames Langewchevron
  • Options
    Friggin awesome.
  • Options
    Anyone know what “Imprimatur” means? Asking for a friend. I know but just checking.

Thanks Trainiacs!!!!
  • Options
    @PevashishDaul I have no idea, but I hope someone calls me that someday.
  • Options
    Stan used it today. I’m so dumb compared to him.
  • Options
    The headlines over there are my favorite. A lot of unintentional humor (humour).
    PevashishDaulJennifer PostAaronWebsteyMattCraig_D

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch