frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

How does this training thing work?

StruangStruang Member, POTM
So last year I signed up for 2 Ironmans, and turned up for neither of them!

This year I've signed up for Coast 2 Coast in a day https://www.opencycling.com/coast-to-coast-in-a-day/
In 105 days

Ironman Copenhagen, 155 days

Ironman Wales 183 days

I'm starting to think some training might be in order, as according to Garmin I havent been on my bike since August.

Any words of wisdom for getting back with the program?

Sensible 100 day plans to survive 15000 ft of accent in 150 miles?

Comments

• Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    I'm no coach, but
    - chocolate milk
    - altitude mask
    - shake weight
    - copper bracelet
    - HIT
    - 60/30/10
    - sharpen the knife
    - train slow race fast
    - easy days hard, hard days easy
    - RPM work
    - drills
    - just do it
    - #motivation
    Mattslickfins_RyanMaddie_McKkjrunnin1_Hot_PretzelJennifer PostwchevronrangamelStruangSdogidking90James LangemaggieruCraig_D
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I hate to say it because I prefer outdoors, but smart trainer and Rouvy or Trainerroad..
    AaronWebstey
  • Options
    slickfins_Ryanslickfins_Ryan Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    I’m doing a 16 week one size fits all program, and I basically started it three weeks early, repeating the first week for 3 weeks but only to go the distance, not worrying about effort. Then on the 4th week I started week 1 again but got serious about it. Feeling pretty good so far!
    AaronWebsteyrangamelStruangSdogCraig_Dsimonsen77
    Kind of wish I was Canadian. Sorry.
  • Options
    Maddie_McKMaddie_McK Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    edited March 17
    Just stay consistent. Try to be active at least 5-6 days per week, get a long ride and a long run in somewhere most weeks, and swim at least twice a week. Do some ride-run bricks when you can. Progress the duration over time, in general. Pull back every 3-4 weeks before progressing again. It doesn't need to be fancy. Don't psych yourself out.
    M_WareMattslickfins_RyanAaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoSdogCraig_D

• Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers

Just stay consistent. Try to be active at least 5-6 days per week, get a long ride and a long run in somewhere most weeks, and swim at least twice a week. Do some ride-run bricks when you can. Progress the duration over time, in general. Pull back every 3-4 weeks before progressing again. It doesn't need to be fancy. Don't psych yourself out.

You just described my current plan with uncanny accuracy.
  • Options
    StruangStruang Member, POTM
    edited March 18

swim at least twice a week.

Swimming is the least of my worries when I have my groove on I happily do all week days, Tri Club swim Monday and Friday and plod 2k each morning in between.
    AaronWebstey
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    @AaronWebstey your list includes 60/30/10. I believe that's 60% Puppers, 30% darts, and 10%???????
    Thanks in advance.
    AaronWebstey

But when it's my time
    to throw the next stone
    I call you beautiful

• Options
    10% chorin
    SdogTad_M
  • Options
    Maddie_McKMaddie_McK Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Struang said:

swim at least twice a week.

Swimming is the least of my worries when I have my groove on I happily do all week days, Tri Club swim Monday and Friday and plod 2k each morning in between.
    Huh
    AaronWebsteyCraig_D

• Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM

10% chorin

to be faaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    AaronWebsteyMartin

But when it's my time
    to throw the next stone
    I call you beautiful

• Options
    toebutt769toebutt769 Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    no one mentioned HTFU
    M_WareAaronWebsteyMartin
    When keeping it real goes terribly wrong.

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch