frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

WTS Abu Dhabi

idking90idking90 Member, Pro Triathlete

Comments

• Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Where are results even?
  • Options
    I watched it live, but they’re here:
    https://www.triathlon.org/results/result/2019_itu_world_triathlon_abu_dhabi/335269
    40+ guys into T2 together :o :o

Women are racing now and they’ve got a good split; should be much less of a mass start 5,000 m track race
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Must be a little depressing to crack 15:00 for 5k and still be out of the top 20 ...
    idking90
  • Options
    Lots of crashes on that one corner, looks like a lot of them would hit the stormwater grate and just lose a wheel.
    It almost makes you think narrowing the course a bit more to keep that grate out of play would have actually made the course less technical
    AaronWebstey
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Has anyone been able to watch the race replays? I was going to watch before work. Women's race wasn't available on site but men's race was available. Started watching the opening coverage and the video stopped. Couldn't get it to work so I restarted, signed in again, hit play again and instead of video, I was sent to a subscribe page. arrrggghhhh. This totally sucks after all their promotion on their revamped site.

I gave up after about 5 minutes and went to Twitter to check the results. Really interesting podiums. I am really excited for this season.
  • Options
    @Jennifer Post I watched live so I’m of no help there, but I do know *historically* that replays usually took some amount of time to become watchable. Maybe a few hours tops, which would explain why women’s race wasn’t done yet since it was second?
  • Options
    I often watch the replays since I am in pacific timezone and they are usually live very quickly. I was able to finally start the men's race replay again. I think they are just having issues with their new video platform and user credentials relaunch. The slide for the women's race keeps disappearing and reappearing which tells me they are trying to load the slide with the Watch Now CTA but it's not working. Oh well, probably better for my workday if I wait until this evening to try to watch replays.

By the way, who is the female commentator? So awkward. I miss Barrie. ITU really needs to figure out who to pair with Trevor and stick to it.
    AaronWebsteyGranpa Chook
  • Options
    slickfins_Ryanslickfins_Ryan Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    I can’t even log into triathlonlive.tv Made forn a very frustrating morning. And now I can’t even go on Instagram because I still want to be surprised. My day is like half ruined.
    AaronWebsteyJennifer Post
    Kind of wish I was Canadian. Sorry.
  • Options
    Yea I’m not sure who thought a big IT reboot less than a week before the season started was a good idea.
    Jennifer Postslickfins_Ryan
  • Options
    @slickfins_Ryan You are stronger than me. I couldn’t stay off Instagram. I need my fill of cute Vizslas to help with my grief of Freja’s passing. Linc and Candace (and her bitch face) makes me so happy. No one puts Candace in the corner.
    AaronWebsteyslickfins_Ryan
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    idking90 said:

40+ guys into T2 together :o :o

Make the bike courses harder.
  • Options
    @Matt I agree although it’s also just the current dynamic. The women proved even without Flora that it can be done.
    From about 2012 to 15, we had that very solid 8-12 man group that consistently had Brownlee x2, Gomez, Varga, Royle, plus a few. Brownlees and Gomez seemed like even though they could out run most anybody in the field, they never wanted to test it against Mola and Murray.
    Nowadays, maybe it’s firepower in the front, maybe it’s motivation where the best runners don’t care who catches up, maybe it’s leadership (no verbal assault from Alistair), but something is lacking in the men’s field to keep the pack split. But I also remember there used to be Madrid, Auckland...so yes perhaps you’re right there as well. (I’m kind of ignoring the one-off Kitzbuehl race)
    Jennifer PostAaronWebstey

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch