frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

This Seems Familiar

Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
edited March 3 in Main
Martin

But when it's my time
to throw the next stone
I call you beautiful

Comments

• Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    10 minutes? What a dumb idea. All the men's races go slowly for the first 2 hours anyway, and pick up in the 2nd half.
    Martin
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    While this should not have happened at all, they should have neutralized the men's race to let the women through.
    AaronWebsteyrangamel
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Matt said:

10 minutes? What a dumb idea. All the men's races go slowly for the first 2 hours anyway, and pick up in the 2nd half.

I remember the old Giro sprint stages. The peloton averaged something like 33km/h for the first four hours of the race - no doubt so Cipo, VDB and the other party animals could shake off the cobwebs from the previous night - then ramp the speed up to 60+ for the last hour once the patrons said 'pronto'. The old magenta jersey for the mid-race points was the only thing that spiced it up.
    AaronWebsteyMatt
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    So a womens pro cyclist isn't capable of riding around the caravan? What happens when they flat? Do they not have support, or are they just forced to abandon the race? The reason they gave is complete shit. Now, it certainly would be unfair to the other women should one attacker infiltrate the mens race and hide out in the pack, but that just means the men should be forced to ride faster.
    AaronWebstey
  • Options
    edited March 4
    Give an hour head start so this never happens. You cant have any legit race running up into rolling road furniture regardless of people being able to ride around it. The men would never accept riding up into a random collection of local traffic, they would whine and cry foul, and be right. This is not rocket science, although IM tried to make it seem so.

But when it's my time
    to throw the next stone
    I call you beautiful

• Options
    doyoueventribrodoyoueventribro Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    We had 15:00 between the men/women waves at Tri on the Mira to try and separate the field.

Who really thought that 10:00 would be sufficient time? You have a breakaway that will get maybe 3-4:00 on the peloton, then the riders off the back, the second swath of team cars. Dear lord, that's terrible planning.
    AaronWebsteyMatt
  • Options
    @doyoueventribro , I hope you're able to come to the Sworry Trials. Then we can discuss terrible planning more effectively.....
    AaronWebsteyMattKenElPescadoPelado

But when it's my time
    to throw the next stone
    I call you beautiful

• Options
    doyoueventribrodoyoueventribro Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Tad_M said:

@doyoueventribro , I hope you're able to come to the Sworry Trials. Then we can discuss terrible planning more effectively.....

Highly doubtful, maybe I can skype in. It's the one weekend I have off in august with 3 weddings that I plan on getting obliterated at.
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    Tad_M said:

This is not rocket science, although IM tried to make it seem so.

IM is rocket surgery.
    MartinKenElPescadoPelado

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch