frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Super League Singapore

MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
So, who had Tyler Mislawchuk in second place to J Brownlee in their Super League Fantasy Pool today?

Yeah, me neither. GO CANADA GO.
MattM_WareAaronWebsteyJennifer Post

Comments

• Options
    RashRash Member
    Was fun to watch as usual - too bad for Luis, however it makes tomorrow a little more exciting for the overall. I wouldn't be too happy being any of those other guys knowing Luis was just resting today.
    MartinJennifer PostSdog
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Holy shit!!!! WTF!!!??? Go Tyler!!
    MartinSdog
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Rash said:

Was fun to watch as usual - too bad for Luis, however it makes tomorrow a little more exciting for the overall. I wouldn't be too happy being any of those other guys knowing Luis was just resting today.

The fact that he didn't eat it or take out anyone else on that flat coming off a corner says a lot about ITU bike skills.
    Jennifer PostAaronWebsteyTad_MSdog
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    It was funny how everyone that was asked about Luis mentioned how will he racing angry tomorrow. Will be fun to watch. For overall win, I am rooting for J. Brownlee. I loved how he was so honest last year about the crap season he had been having. Loved that he was just excited to actually win again today as he said. Plus, Luis is with BE13 now which sucks. I blame his puncture (first one in 15 years) in the BE13 jinx.
    AaronWebsteyM_WareMattslickfins_Ryan
  • Options
    I love the enduro format with the eliminations. Probably the only tri format where I don't start checking my phone mid-race. I am amazed at how well Superleague pulled off this series. I enjoyed the Hamilton race they did as a test with just men but doubted they'd be able to pull off a series for men and women. They really did it though. Only issue I have is that I found the Singapore course boring visually. It was so closed in with barriers that I got claustrophobic. I think Malta was my favorite course of this season. The bro love between Brownlee and Luis is cool too.
    AaronWebsteyM_WareSdogTad_MJames Lange
  • Options
    Didn't realize they'd worked in leader jerseys until watching this weekend - absolutely love that. Think it brings much more personality to the series.
    Jennifer PostM_WareAaronWebsteyTad_M

• Options
    Yes. The leader jerseys were cool. So were the white jerseys for the "youngin's." Made so much sense each time I saw one of the twins crash.
    M_WareAaronWebsteyidking90Tad_M
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    edited February 27
    Speaking of kit design, the flags integrated into the shorts are awesome on the men. I know the ladies kits cant do that as configured, too bad, cool if they did.
    The Singapore bike chicane narrowness bothered me. I assume it was forced upon them, cause I'd never add that simply to make the course more technical for the cyclists.
    Jennifer Post
    visit Michigan Aug. 1-4 - The Sworry Trials
    https://www.facebook.com/The-Sworry-Trials-2194532304133322/
  • Options
    The first women’s race kit in Jersey had sleeves to fit a flag but then had a weird back cutout. Kits were criticized so they moved to a more traditional design with flags on the side. Just harder to see with the gals so thin and rarely not in motion. ;) Only when they slow down or you get a side view do you see it.

KenElPescadoPeladoAaronWebsteyTad_M
  • Options
    Sworry @Jennifer Post , I meant the ladies kits couldn't use the leg flag since they were configured as the high cut rather than full leg suits. It's easy to see their flags during the race, and they did a good design job with them.
    Jennifer Post
  • Options
    doyoueventribrodoyoueventribro Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    I watched the first Super League event and made this

I haven't tuned in since. Worth it?
    Matt
  • Options
    James LangeJames Lange Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I love super league. I think the production value and the quality of the racing has improved each event. I also think it will be even better next year as the overall quality of the field improves.

@doyoueventribro Did you know Jacob Birtwhistle is from Tasmania?
    AaronWebsteyJennifer Post

• Options
    I agree with @James Lange . The racing and production just keeps getting better. @doyoueventribro, I forgot about your video. It was a masterpiece after day 1. Not sure Macca would still call
    him “Young Jacob” now. I am trying to remember if he referred to Beaugrand all weekend as “Young Cassandre”. I may have to go back and watch.
    M_WareJames Lange
  • Options
    @Jennifer Post , I can never hear his name again without saying "Young Jacob Birtwhistle" for the rest of my life. It's permanent.
    M_WareJennifer Post
  • Options
    doyoueventribrodoyoueventribro Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    edited March 4
    Tad_M said:

@Jennifer Post , I can never hear his name again without saying "Young Jacob Birtwhistle" for the rest of my life. It's permanent.

It'll be good if you're doing trivia sometime, "This Tasmanian triathlete might become world champion some day, he was also young at some point"

I mostly just love how he always says his full name. No "Jake" or just "Birtwhistle", it's always the "Jacob Birtwhistle" and usually "Young Tasmanian Jacob Birtwhiste, Esquire"
    AaronWebsteyTad_MJennifer Post
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    Mislawchuk wins Mooloolaba!
    MartinAaronWebstey
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    WHAT
  • Options
    Amazing

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch