frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Side Project - Kid's Bike

RashRash Member
So I dug out my old bike frame from when I was a kid and built it up with my 7 year old just like my grandfather and I did when I was 7 and he found this frame in a junk yard. I doubt I was much more "help" to my grandfather than my son was to me, however he had fun putting on gloves and trying to use a hammer for each and every task. Rather than a rattle can job like we did over 30 years ago, I went ahead and had it blasted and powder coated to hopefully help it last for the next generation. I also replaced a lot of parts which probably had my grandfather rolling over in his grave since the severely rusted ones still worked or could have been salvaged. I did salvage some items, but overall it came out much nicer than it ever was when I had it. I believe the frame is 70's era huffy and was intended as a banana seat bike, however I never realized that until I was searching for a replacement seat post for this build. I kept it a standard seat since that is how I always rode it so had to do some modifications to the seat post to make it work.

Came out pretty cool and my son loves riding it so far. I think it weighs about 300lbs!

M_WarewchevronMattAaronWebsteyMark_after_DarkMartingregkRobert RankinrangamelIanLJennifer PostOverBiker_Samneil5youngTad_MCraig_DSdogKenElPescadoPelado

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch