frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Broken treadmill - any point in bothering to fix?

AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
Belt slips, motor stops. Anyone ever actually fixed one of these or is it a waste of time to try? It's a Nordic track , around 5 years old, used a lot, MSRP maybe $2500 ish (bought for about $1k on sale).

Comments

• Options
    yournotuniqueyournotunique Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I'd get a quote on service. A 5yr old treadmill isn't all that old and should still have some life in it. Maybe the bad belt is burning out the motor, and it winds up being a relatively easy fix. I'd imagine that the repair will be south of the $1000 that you spent on it, which still would keep it south of the $2500 original price of buying a new equivalent one.
    AaronWebsteyTad_M
    -I know it's wrong. Blame old AOL character limits. Illadelph | Follow yournotunique

• Options
    doyoueventribrodoyoueventribro Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    What was your maintenance schedule like? when was the belt/deck last replaced? I'd have someone have a quick look at it. It probably just needs a new belt.

Heads up though, a lot of nordic track treadmills have "double sided" decks which means when one side wears out you can just flip it over and use the other side. I didn't know this and bought a new deck when I replaced my belt. I put the new deck on, but eventually when it wears out (probably never based on my mileage) I can just use the old one.
    AaronWebstey
  • Options
    I'm not sure @AaronWebstey needs any more encouragement to take off his belt and play with his deck.
    MartinTad_MMattAaronWebsteykjrunninStruangKHilgendorfSdogCraig_D
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member

I'd get a quote on service. A 5yr old treadmill isn't all that old and should still have some life in it. Maybe the bad belt is burning out the motor, and it winds up being a relatively easy fix. I'd imagine that the repair will be south of the $1000 that you spent on it, which still would keep it south of the $2500 original price of buying a new equivalent one.

Change variables: 12 year old treadmill, paid $1,300. It's Keys Fitness, former Ironman treadmill license holder, since gone bankrupt.
    AaronWebstey
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Oh no - it's an AFG. Our last one was NT (I am obviously not its main user). Wish me luck, I'm going in.

M_Ware
  • Options
    I'm already looking for clearance treadmills on Canadian Tire
    kjrunninMartin
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    What's wrong with running outside?
    AaronWebsteyMatt
  • Options

What's wrong with running outside?

My wife has several injuries and is very nervous to run outside. She loves running outside, and will again someday after she has worked her way up to it, but it's not in the cards as a daily activity right now. She also hates the cold, and is not good on ice/snow.

TL;DR: #EAD
    Tad_M
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    You didn't say that it was for her in the first place, ass. We assumed it was for your soon-to-be-former Dad-bod. (that's too many hyphens, #sworry)
    Now fix it yourself for bonus husband points.
    Tad_MCraig_DAaronWebstey

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch