frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Challenge Daytona

Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
Don't miss the chance to race at Challenge Daytona. Super cool experience, and a quality production. Exciting to watch The Actual Starky crush the bike on the famous tri oval. Andrew took a strong 2nd to hard running Pieter Heemeryck, while holding off another running machine, Santiago Ascenco.
Great to meet AJ and many of the Baucco Squad members.

M_WareRobert RankinAaronWebsteysimonsen77Craig_DKenElPescadoPeladorangamelKelly O'Mara

But when it's my time
to throw the next stone
I call you beautiful

Comments

• Options
    @P_Cottrell and Andrew discussing Andrew's innovative tactics of heading high to the wall on the front stretch several laps trading distance for time savings. Cool moves.

M_WareRobert RankinAaronWebsteyCraig_DKenElPescadoPeladoNHetro

But when it's my time
    to throw the next stone
    I call you beautiful

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Sarah Haskins with a convincing win!

Robert RankinM_WareAaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPeladorangamel

But when it's my time
    to throw the next stone
    I call you beautiful

• Options
    Sorry I missed you guys. Saw a couple Bsquad kits on the run, but no TRS. It was very cool to see Starky sitting at bike exit rooting people on while the other pros sat in their waiting room. Bummed I couldn’t stick around and get my award and watch the pro race, well couldn’t if I wanted to remain married. Definitely was an awesome experience, despite the weather shortened event, and I’ll sign up again for sure
    Tad_MM_WareAaronWebsteysimonsen77Craig_DKenElPescadoPelado

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    Congrats @Robert Rankin for a great AG 2nd place in tough conditions! Sworry we missed you.
    AaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPelado1_Hot_Pretzel

But when it's my time
    to throw the next stone
    I call you beautiful

• Options
    Roost celebrity and favourite podcaster @Kelly O'Mara got a solid 6th we think. Bummed we didn't get to say hi and thank her for the great weekly content.
    AaronWebsteyM_WareKenElPescadoPeladorangamelKelly O'Mara

But when it's my time
    to throw the next stone
    I call you beautiful

• Options
    P_CottrellP_Cottrell Member, Rooster Endurance Member

Meredith Kessler and baby Kessler
    M_WareAaronWebsteyCraig_DKenElPescadoPeladoJohns622maggieru
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    What did they end up shortening it to? Saw something about bad weather and some wonky pro finish times, but didn't get the full story.
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    We did an 800m swim, 20 mile (17.5) bike, and 13.1 (12.2) run

Pros did 1600m swim, 37.5 mile bike, 8.5 mile run.

They did an awesome job given the weather they had to deal with. I wouldn’t have wanted to do a 70.3 in that crap.
    Tad_MKenElPescadoPelado

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    Kelly O'MaraKelly O'Mara Member, Pro Triathlete
    Dude, it was such a weird day (we waited around so long I went back to sleep) and the weather was so nuts. But don't think I'm ever going to get to bike laps around a nascar track again so
    Tad_MKenElPescadoPeladorangamel
  • Options

Dude, it was such a weird day (we waited around so long I went back to sleep) and the weather was so nuts. But don't think I'm ever going to get to bike laps around a nascar track again so

Safe travels! @Kelly O'Mara , we were curious at the race.... did you (or other pros you discussed with) enjoy repeating the laps around the speedway? It was a great format to watch for us spectators.
    KenElPescadoPelado

But when it's my time
    to throw the next stone
    I call you beautiful

• Options
    idking90idking90 Member, Pro Triathlete
    @Kelly O'Mara how did they enforce position rules on the bike, especially given that this would have (I assume) been run under USAT Elite non draft aka stagger rules? Looking at AJ’s Instagram story, looks like everybody was holding to the left (which is fine under stagger rule) but I couldn’t tell if/how things were enforced with offset. Only times I ever raced on a NASCAR track was Rev3 Rush and a crit, so draft legal racing it made no difference where we rode or how
  • Options
    Kelly O'MaraKelly O'Mara Member, Pro Triathlete
    @Tad_M it was actually sorta fun. Like I wouldn't have wanted to do more laps and it was a bit tough/rough with the wind, but also something you would never ever get to do, so totally interesting.

@idking90 yeah, it was in theory stagger but it was tough. Like at one point I was staggering and that required riding a wider turn since I was riding to the right to stay off set from the girl ahead of me. And with the women and men on a 2.5 mile lap it just wasn't possible sometimes, like the guys were moving so much faster sometimes and a whole bunch of then would pass at once in a narrow section. And then at the end there was a portion where some of us were still biking but some of the front guys were running on the track, so I'm going to prioritize not hitting them, you know? I actually felt like everyone did a good job being as honest as they could and I didn't see a ton of bad drafting, but it also just wouldn't have been possible with a bigger field or more people or age groupers.
    AaronWebsteyRobert RankinM_WareTad_Midking90KenElPescadoPeladoCraig_Drangamel

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch