frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Making friends in my local running club FB group

NHetroNHetro Member, Rooster Endurance Member
edited December 2018 in Main
I came across this gem in my local running club Facebook group. A local XC coach commented that the local Turkey trot to benefit the Red Cross was a rip off because we didnt have chip timing, mile markers, or a race clock. The event is a fucking fundraiser! I've volunteered the last 4 years putting this event together. We get about 3000 registered which is huge for my small town. 90% of the people walk the 5k. Theres kids, babies in strollers, dogs on leashes. For the most part, this is the only 5k these people are going to do all year. They dont gove a shit about time. And no where do we advertise chip timing or any kind of awards. $25 is a great price point without scaring anybody away with high fees. I couldn't help offering some sarcastic perspective to this guy. I'll keep you all posted on my petty party here.

wchevronM_WarekjrunninAaronWebsteyGasBombKenElPescadoPeladoRobert RankinGranpa Chookrangamelsimonsen77Tad_MCraig_DMattJohns622

Comments

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch