frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Cameron Dye says goodbye

MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member

Comments

• Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    I can't believe he's only 34 and has only been a pro for 12 years!
    PevashishDaulMatt
  • Options
    IanLIanL Member
    Best of luck to him going forward.
    Tad_MCraig_D
  • Options
    (Insert my memory of when i saw him at a race and we talked).
    AaronWebsteyidking90Rashbbculp
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    Insert joke about how he'll make more in the first 3 months of equity trading than all his previous prize money wins from the past 12 years.
    AaronWebsteyCraig_DTad_Myournotuniqueidking90PevashishDaulslickfins_RyanmaggierugregkMartinKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Matt said:

Insert joke about how he'll make more in the first 3 months of equity trading than all his previous prize money wins from the past 12 years.

Days! I think you meant days given where Triathalon prize money is currently at V a successful trader.
    MartinKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Granpa ChookGranpa Chook Member
    edited November 11
    That was a great article. With the gaping void that is olympic distance non draft he’s been pretty much part-time racing for the last 3 years anyway. He was so damn good at that format, he cleaned up. I wished he would go to 70.3 and take it seriously, just to keep him in the game, but c’est la vie.
    AaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    bbculpbbculp Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I'd love to post a story about Cam that @PevashishDaul could make fun of but I never met the guy.
    PevashishDaul
  • Options
    regular_markregular_mark Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    At the Los Olas triathlon a few years ago, I went to walk into the port-a-pottie before the race and someone had taken a massive dump on the seat, rather than in the hole.

I turned around to find another toilet and Cam Dye was in line behind me. I didn't say anything and let him go into the stall. This is a true story.
    bbculpAaronWebsteyGranpa ChookPevashishDaulslickfins_RyanMattKuchidking90GasBombRobert RankinMartinKenElPescadoPeladokjrunnin
  • Options
    What? You want Cam Dye to appear on the Minimal Multisport podcast - to talk about his career, his retirement, and to put the industry on blast for all of their bullshit? I might have made that last part up, but I think the rest will happen if the stars align and my internet doesn't take a crap this week.

Swell, huh?
    AaronWebsteyrangamelJennifer Postslickfins_RyanMattGranpa ChookCraig_DKuchRobert RankinKenElPescadoPelado
    The Dude at Minimal Multisport Podcast, Blog, and YouTube.
    MY PATREON!
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    If your Internet does take a crap, tell it to clean the seat before you let Cam use your shitter
    gregkPevashishDaulMattCraig_DJohns622wchevronidking90GasBombRobert RankinKenElPescadoPeladokjrunnin
  • Options
    slickfins_Ryanslickfins_Ryan Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    gregk said:

What? You want Cam Dye to appear on the Minimal Multisport podcast - to talk about his career, his retirement, and to put the industry on blast for all of their bullshit? I might have made that last part up, but I think the rest will happen if the stars align and my internet doesn't take a crap this week.

Swell, huh?

Yes, very much so.
    AaronWebsteygregk
    Kind of wish I was Canadian. Sorry.
  • Options
    A little birdie told me that this episode may have been recorded today... and that it was pretty awesome. Should be out in 2 weeks! #sworry you'll have to wait a bit. 'Nother big show coming out tomorrow. I need an intern!
    Tad_MAaronWebsteyMattrangamelJohns622slickfins_RyanKuchRobert Rankin
    MY PATREON!
  • Options
    gregkgregk Member
    edited November 28
    Snippety-SNAP! Episode 11 of the Minimal Multisport Podcast with the great Cam Dye has arrived!

https://www.minimalmultisport.com/blog/episode11

=) Available on all major podcast platforms. Cam was very open, funny, and radically honest about the sport - both the good and the bad. The episode went about 15 minutes longer than normal, but I just didn't want to cut anything else out (trust me, I spent a ton of time chopping it down where I could). I hope you enjoy it!
    AaronWebsteyRobert RankinMattPevashishDaulrangamel
    MY PATREON!

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch