frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

FS: Men's winter jerseys/jackets, CeramicSpeed BBs, Mavic MTB + Tri shoes, other junk

gregkgregk Member
It's closet-cleaning time, so here are a few items for sale. I'm hoping I don't screw up the photo hosting/links - my apologies in advance if I do.

*NOTE: I will only ship to the USA and Canada. I include free USA shipping in my prices. If you're in Canada, we'll work it out. Paypal is the way to pay.

1. Mavic Chasm MTB shoes, size 45 1/3 EU or 11 US. I normally wear size 11.5 running shoes. Used about a season, but in good shape. Includes Shimano SPD cleats (can be used for spin classes). Original price $240, I'm asking $50 with free shipping to the USA. Please buy these so I don't have to meet some Craigslist stalker in a dark alley.

IMG_8639

IMG_8641

2. Mavic Tri Heliumshoes, size 45 1/3 EU or 11 US. I normally wear size 11.5 running shoes. Used about a season, but in good shape and I didn't even pee in them once. No cleats included. Shoes are pretty darn stiff, to make you go fast and stuff. Original price $350, I'm asking $80 with free shipping to the USA.

IMG_9014

IMG_9015

3. A handful of men's fall/winter jackets and jerseys... SOLD.

4. Pearl Izumi (not Bontrager, as I previously said) men's wind jacket - large (it fits me meow, I just have too much crap and don't wear this). No pockets on the back. You could use it for running or just clowning around. It's brand new, never worn. Pretty nice. It was probably $100+ when new... I'm selling for $30.

IMG_9012

5. CeramicSpeed bottom brackets. Maybe I should sell these on the other forum? ;) Honestly I can't even remember when or why I got these. You work in the industry long enough and you accumulate it. Anyhow, there is one that is compatible with standard threaded frames, and works with Shimano, FSA, and Rotor cranks. The other one is for press-fit frames (like a Speed Concept), and works with SRAM GXP (24mm spindle) cranks (EDIT: SRAM VERSION HAS BEEN SOLD). These BBs sell for an insane $360. Don't pay that much. Pay me $80 for either one and we'll all move on. You'll save squillions of watts.

IMG_9018

6. I also have a few more things that I'm too lazy to post photos of right now - some Michelin Pro 4 700x23mm tires (brand new), Some Keywin carbon pedals, a new basic bike computer, titanium quick release skewers, a Shimano Ultegra 10-speed 11-28 cassette (used, but in good shape), and SRAM Rival front/rear derailleurs (10 speed, lightly used). Message me and we'll make a deal in crack prices.

AaronWebsteyRobert Rankin
The Dude at Minimal Multisport Podcast, Blog, and YouTube.
MY PATREON!

Comments

• Options
    @gregk I’m a moron, so excuse the stupid question. I’ve got a Fuji Norcom that came with Ultegra. Pretty sure my lbs had to swap bb to make my Quarq Riken work. I’m pretty sure that CS gxp pressfit will work, but like I said I’m a moron. You happen to be able to confirm this? If so I’ll take it
    gregk

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    gregkgregk Member
    @Robert Rankin it's not a stupid question. The industry is stupid for having so many bottom bracket styles and "standards" that confuse the customer base and add tons of inventory for struggling retailers. So I got dat goin' for me.

I looked on the Fuji site, and it looks like they use the Press Fit 86 standard for that bike, so my bottom bracket should fit in your frame. There is one last X factor, though, and that is the axle size of your Quarq. The traditional style has a 24mm steel spindle (normally referred to as GXP). They also have a 30mm aluminum spindle (normally referred to as BB30 or PF30). My bottom bracket accommodates the former (24mm). If you're not sure, you can look at the crank and there may be some markings to tell you what you bought. Or check your receipt, if you still have it.
    Robert RankinAaronWebstey
    MY PATREON!
  • Options
    @gregk I couldn’t see any indicating markers with the crank attached but it came off my Felt, which I still have, that used a threaded gxp bb, so it’s probably safe to assume it is the pressfit 86. Either way, shoot me your PayPal and I’ll give it a shot. If it doesn’t work, I’ll return the kindness here and relist it.

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    Granpa ChookGranpa Chook Member
    edited November 9
    edit: nvm, posted in other thread
  • Options
    gregkgregk Member

@gregk I couldn’t see any indicating markers with the crank attached but it came off my Felt, which I still have, that used a threaded gxp bb, so it’s probably safe to assume it is the pressfit 86. Either way, shoot me your PayPal and I’ll give it a shot. If it doesn’t work, I’ll return the kindness here and relist it.

@Robert Rankin Yeah, if your Felt had threaded GXP, you should be good to go. I'll direct message you for shipping details.
    Robert Rankin
    MY PATREON!
  • Options
    OverBiker_SamOverBiker_Sam Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    The only thing better than carbon fiber is titanium.

How much/pics of the skewers?
    Cheers,
    -Sam

• Options
    gregkgregk Member
    edited November 9

The only thing better than carbon fiber is titanium.

How much/pics of the skewers?

@OverBiker_Sam Sorry to point over to the other forum, but I have it listed there: https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/?post=4948573

$35 for a set of new Hed ti skewers. I also have tires, pedals, and some other odds and ends there.
    MY PATREON!
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    Can I ask to reserve the GXP-compatible BB (PF86)? Is it USD or CAD?
    Will confirm ASAP once I get the correct crank for my (upcoming) gravel bike.

PS - I think your Bontrager jacket is a Pearl Izumi.
  • Options
    gregkgregk Member
    edited November 9
    Matt said:

Can I ask to reserve the GXP-compatible BB (PF86)? Is it USD or CAD?
    Will confirm ASAP once I get the correct crank for my (upcoming) gravel bike.

PS - I think your Bontrager jacket is a Pearl Izumi.

@Matt The GXP has already been sold. Only the threaded Shimano/FSA/Rotor one is left.

And you're right... I have no idea how I screwed up the jacket brand...! :#
    Matt
    MY PATREON!
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member

Leave a Comment

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch