frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Those moments that you're so lazy you actually make more work for yourself

doyoueventribrodoyoueventribro Member, Rooster Endurance Member
edited November 6 in Main
Today I realized I'm so lazy that instead of flipping over my scale and hitting the button that changes it from KG to LBS I instead use the calculator app on my phone to convert KG to LBS...basically every day. The scale came with KG as default and I just kind of got in the habit of not changing that. I've owned this scale for at least 3 years

Let's discuss those times when you probably created more work for yourself just to avoid doing something the obvious/correct way.
simonsen77KenElPescadoPeladoGrantInSLCCraig_DGasBomb

Comments

• Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    @Matt I'm too lazy to add the .009 to mile/km, but always use 2.205 for kg/lbs.
    MattKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    gregkgregk Member
    How about my terrible habit of not cleaning my office for WAY too long, making every single daily task take way longer than it should. It's a real neat trick I have.
    doyoueventribroAaronWebsteyBrew_TriTad_MCraig_DGasBomb
    The Dude at Minimal Multisport Podcast, Blog, and YouTube.
    MY PATREON!
  • Options
    simonsen77simonsen77 Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I got a nest thermostat so I can change the temperature from my phone. Now I walk across the house trying to find my phone instead of just going to the thermostat on the wall.
    doyoueventribroM_WarekjrunninKenElPescadoPeladogregkJohns622KHilgendorfGrantInSLCMartinTad_MStruangCraig_DGasBomb
    First #BAAW Badge Recipient
  • Options

You would think I would remember that. I usually just do the bob and doug "double it and add 30" method but I'm not sure if that's to go from standard to metric or metric to standard.

HMkrplunkitAaronWebsteyMattCraig_D
  • Options

You would think I would remember that. I usually just do the bob and doug "double it and add 30" method but I'm not sure if that's to go from standard to metric or metric to standard.

have you also schemed to put a mouse in a beer bottle to get free beer instead of just going to the store to buy more?
    AaronWebsteysimonsen77KenElPescadoPeladoTad_MCraig_DGasBomb
    HMKP
  • Options
    slickfins_Ryanslickfins_Ryan Member, Rooster Endurance Member

I got a nest thermostat so I can change the temperature from my phone. Now I walk across the house trying to find my phone instead of just going to the thermostat on the wall.

You need an Alexa. We talk to everything in the house. Lights, AC, music... all voice commands!
    KenElPescadoPeladoCraig_DGasBomb
    Kind of wish I was Canadian. Sorry.
  • Options
    I may have posted this in a previous 'lazy' thread, but I can't be bothered to check.

M_WareGrantInSLCKenElPescadoPeladoMartindoyoueventribroTad_MJohns622Jennifer PostStruangidking90Craig_DGasBomb
  • Options
    Zomg @Matt, I can't myself be bothered to track down where i have seen that before, but it is awesome!
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    @KenElPescadoPelado I'm not lazy, just more of a procrastinator.
    I posted it 2 years ago in another Lazy thread
    AaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    So we are reposting things now @Matt ?

Is that how far we have fallen?

Our logo looks like an acorn-vagina and we’re stan-senile with our humor now, great.
    AaronWebsteyTad_MMattJennifer PostkjrunninMartinCraig_D
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member

Our logo looks like an acorn-vagina

I thought it was a porcupine, which was cool.

• Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    I know you guys are joking, but I really like it and @HMkrplunkit worked hard on it AND delivered a super professional and handy graphics package for me to use. It looks more grown up and fatter than the old one, which I for one can relate to!
    Tad_MJennifer PostkjrunninM_WareKenElPescadoPeladoCraig_DGasBomb
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    I also like @HMkrplunkit 's new design. But @AaronWebstey , you have to admit that the acorn-vagina reference is a brilliant piece of work by @Granpa Chook , and will likely be a permanent part of the roost lore/language.
    I say kudos all around!
    Jennifer PostAaronWebsteyM_WareMartinCraig_DJohns622GasBomb

#Sworry 2019 - See you there!
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    I hear the USC fight song in my head when I see the logo. Anyone else?
    AaronWebsteyM_Waresimonsen77
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Tad_M said:

I also like @HMkrplunkit 's new design. But @AaronWebstey , you have to admit that the acorn-vagina reference is a brilliant piece of work by @Granpa Chook , and will likely be a permanent part of the roost lore/language.
    I say kudos all around!

I'm probably too sensitive, I was just so pumped about it. Sworry! Good one @Granpa Chook .
  • Options

Tad_M said:

I say kudos all around!

I'm probably too sensitive, I was just so pumped about it. Sworry! Good one @Granpa Chook .
    no, fuck you @Granpa Chook and @Tad_M
    I worked hard on this logo, and your childish nonsense comments are not appreciated. It will not go down in the lore of the roost language, because it is disrespectful. I don't care if you old-ass men think you are funny. IT LOOKS LIKE A GOD DAMN ROOSTER.

get bent
    AaronWebsteywchevronMartinGranpa Chooksimonsen77GasBombCraig_DTad_M
    HMKP
  • Options
    @AaronWebstey @HMkrplunkit I didn't know it was done by somebody here or I wouldn't have used it in my shitty joke. Sworry about that. I do like it more than the old one.
    M_WareAaronWebstey
  • Options
    "Oh look, lots of replies to that thread I started, I'm sure it'll have lots of fun stories and not be derailed at all"

AaronWebsteysimonsen77MattKenElPescadoPeladoGranpa ChookkjrunninwchevronGasBombCraig_DTad_M
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    edited November 8
    @HMkrplunkit in their defense, old balls do have a distinctive wattle look to them.

I just see a penis. A fiery red one. (Am I referencing the logo, or am I projecting?)
    KenElPescadoPeladoTad_M
  • Options
    I thought it was a long-haired guy in a welding mask.
    KenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    GasBombGasBomb Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    The first house I purchased was a repo from a local bank. It was a small but nice house and didn't really require much renovation to move into. However, the yard was a different story. Basically the yard had gone uncut for the entire year. So, I borrow my dad's big zero turn mower and within a few hours I have everything cut and trimmed and looking pretty good. Except for the horrendous amount of freshly cut grass that is probably 3 or 4 inches thick in some areas. Now the smart man would have gone to the store and bought a bunch of those bazillion gallon trash bags and just started raking and stuffing, but not me! I rake all of the grass into probably 20 piles around the yard, then proceed to load each pile into the bed of my truck. After about 20 or so trips around town with my tailgate down, all of the grass is now the city of Greencastle's problem. Genius!
    M_WareAaronWebsteykjrunninCraig_DJohns622MattTad_MStruangKenElPescadoPelado

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity
  • Options
    ellsworth53tellsworth53t Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I signed up for a triathlon team. Then I ignored all further communication from the team, even though I see that the thread about the team has unread topics, I keep ignoring it. I probably owe some people money, but I don't have the headspace to dig through everything. I keep ignoring it but I'm sure that I will get an email saying that I owe some money soon.....
    GasBombAaronWebsteydoyoueventribrowchevronCraig_DJohns622MattKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    I said I like it @HMkrplunkit. I mean what I say. Logo, and font, overall design are outstanding. No offense was intended.
    AaronWebsteyGranpa Chook

#Sworry 2019 - See you there!

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch