frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Sneak peek at Culprit RAD (Road And Dirt)

Comments

• Options
    jrielley1406jrielley1406 Member, Pro Triathlete
    OMG that looks amazing. I might try to con the wife into saying I need it!
    AaronWebsteyMartinKenElPescadoPelado
    First year “pro” triathlete and first time dad! So basically freaking out on a day to day basis...
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    This might be the +1 for my N.
    AaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options

OMG that looks amazing. I might try to con the wife into saying I need it!

Agree. It is designed as our N+1 or a quiver killer. In reality, If I didnt own culprit and ride all my models, I would sell all my bikes and keep only this and my tri bike... Once we get our disc brake tri bike, wheels will be interchangeable and life will be better for all around use.

But, it is a great bike. can be set up for bike touring with front and rear panniers. Fenders with 32 mm tires. 650 B and massive 700C clearance.

Rides very well too and NEVER want to make my bikes only compatible with my cockpits. So, we designed 2 cable routing options. Either through the steerer using our stem. or behind the steerer into the top tube. So any bar/stem combo will work on the bike . Primarily if you get in a pinch traveling and something gets broken in transit. Never want someone to miss a race start for bike issue.
    AaronWebsteyCraig_Djrielley1406IanL
  • Options
    @Culpritbicycles - I noticed you had two stems in those pics. Glad to hear it will use standard parts. Will it be available without the bento?
  • Options
    @Martin yes, we will offer it with our new aero stem with aerobar add on and hidden cables as one option, frameset without bar stem as well as normal carbon stem/bar combo

The frameset ships with the bento box. Of course, you can remove it. Does mean the cables become more exposed. but absolutely your call
  • Options
    Interested in this. Just sold my "spare" tri bike so I have wife budget for this.
    KenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    balsdorf said:

Interested in this. Just sold my "spare" tri bike so I have wife budget for this.

If I had written this it would have been my subconscious talking.
    KenElPescadoPeladoCraig_DJohns622
  • Options
    Its ok. I am lucky that I co own culprit with my wife. So, my lesson over years has been. If I get new stuff, she gets new stuff. Ie. ventums before, we both had. Now testing a supplier for a Tri bike we both have. The pink RAD is hers. built mechanical only for video... Then of course she will be on di2..... But yah. Whatever I buy myself, I need to double to keep the marriage happy.

His and hers... Whether that be new kits. bont shoes, etc
    AaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    jrielley1406jrielley1406 Member, Pro Triathlete
    Love it @Culpritbicycles! Next bike I get would give to be an all arounder. Road, gravel, cross, commute. That way I could justify it. I’ll be awaiting pricing!
    AaronWebstey
    First year “pro” triathlete and first time dad! So basically freaking out on a day to day basis...
  • Options
    gregkgregk Member
    Nice, it's like a carbon version of the Surly Midnight Special (which I currently have in my garage).
    The Dude at Minimal Multisport Podcast, Blog, and YouTube.
    MY PATREON!
  • Options
    @Culpritbicycles What's the geometry of the frame like? What's the price?
    AaronWebstey
  • Options
    RashRash Member
    edited November 5
    An early review of the frame. SLOWTWITCH WARNING!

Actually doesn't provide much info on the frame itself, but there are more pretty pictures.
    AaronWebstey
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    ST Review: "I'm an idiot! This bike it terrible! Well, the frameset is great but all the non-culprit stuff I foolishly choose to put on it is junk. I'll review everything but the frame though the thread title days 'culprit RAD review,'"
    AaronWebsteysimonsen77KenElPescadoPelado
  • Options

Here is the geometry info

The frame is made using EPS technology so smooth inner walls and few to no voids. T700 carbon.

Cable routing is like a tri bike. It can enter into the top tube using a rubber grommet or you can enter it into the steerer and then into the frame. This is a bit more difficult for building but nets a more appealing bike. Still easy to travel with with either set up.

Pricing. I am shooting for 1995 USD shipped including frame, fork, seatpost, carbon bar, stem(carboon or new alloy aero), axles, bento box. Pre order on indigogo will be discounted likely 25% off.

Pricing is not final so don't hold me firm on it yet.

We are also offering wheels to make it a rolling chassis. 50 mm disc clincher or a 35 mm 650 b carbon wheelset on token hubs.

Any other questions ask away.
    simonsen77Granpa ChookAaronWebsteyMattjrielley1406forshy1075KuchCraig_DKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options

Here is the full view. Professional photos and videos being taken this weekend.
    AaronWebsteysimonsen77jrielley1406Craig_D

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch