frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Research study for athletes. Please help!

Hello triathlon friends. I am a Boulder based Olympian and former World Champion in triathlon. I now spend my time doing sport science research in athletes. My previous study on mental toughness in endurance athlete can be found here: https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article/authors?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0193071 -- (sorry for the long links. I couldn't get the link function to work.)

If you are interested in learning about your mental toughness, I created a quiz based on the results of that study: http://sisu.racereadycoaching.com

I am currently the lead investigator for The Athlete PEACE Survey. Our aims are to (1) characterize cannabis use, knowledge, and attitudes in athletes of any sport and (2) examine whether cannabis use is associated with pain and well-being.

Survey link: https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/4539059/The-Athlete-PEACE-Survey

Cannabis is a hot topic these days. Some love it. Others hate it. It has been at once called a gateway drug and the answer to a smattering of medical problems. People swear by its healing properties while others run the other way at even the slightest whiff. Whatever your stance, cannabis is instilling itself in society, with 31 states and the District of Columbia having some form of legalization. Canada just enacted country-wide legalization.

The problem thus far is that there are no studies that have examined cannabis use and its relationship to pain and well-being in a community sample of athletes.

We are trying to change that with The Athlete PEACE Survey.

You can help by participating in our study. And, you can help even more by sharing our survey link with as many people as possible. We want a cross-section of athletes from different sports with varying cannabis use behaviors. Even if you have never used cannabis, we still want your participation.

It doesn’t matter how fast you are, how long you have been participating in sports, what sport you do, or how many hours per week you exercise. If you are getting out there and exercising, you are an athlete.

You can be a never user, current user, or past user of cannabis.

• Are you over the age of 21?
• Are you an English-speaking athlete?
• Are you an athlete?

If you answered YES to these questions, you are eligible to participate in a research survey. Your answers are anonymous and cannot be traced back to you.

Participants will be asked to complete an anonymous 8-minute questionnaire. We hope there will be direct benefits to participants when our results become available and you will be contributing to the growing field of cannabis research.

Survey link: https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/4539059/The-Athlete-PEACE-Survey

Solutions IRB reviewed and approved this survey. Joanna Zeiger, M.S., Ph.D., Olympian and World Champion is conducting the survey. Please contact Joanna at joannazeiger@comcast.net for more information or questions.

Comments

• Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    I will definitely participate!
  • Options
    Thanks!! Please spread the word. B)
  • Options
    Brew_TriBrew_Tri Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    edited October 23
    Diggity done done done
    AaronWebsteyTad_M
    Yay Sports! :#
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    Is this THE legendary Olympian, 70.3 WC winning, pink Guru-riding, Camelback wearing (and thus Sanders inspiring) Joanna Zeiger?
    MartinAaronWebsteyellsworth53tTad_M
  • Options
    GrantInSLCGrantInSLC Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Done
  • Options
    Yes, I loved my Camelback -- it served me well and I even still have it in my garage. Sanders can borrow it at any time, but only if it is filled with copious amounts of calories ;)
    MattAaronWebsteyGranpa Chookellsworth53tJennifer PostKenElPescadoPeladoCraig_DTad_MkjrunninfyrehaarPevashishDaul
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Thank you @Matt for pointing this out and not making me expose that I am a huge @Joannazeiger fanboy
    Jennifer PostMattslickfins_Ryan
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Honoured to do a survey for @Joannazeiger !!!
    AaronWebstey

#Sworry 2019 - See you there!
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Hey folks, take the other quiz too. Very cool. It told me that I shouldn't open @AaronWebstey 's door without knocking.
    Seriously though, it's quick and provides interesting output data/perspective.
    AaronWebsteyJennifer PostA_drizzleGrantInSLC

#Sworry 2019 - See you there!
  • Options
    ItsShugItsShug Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    I can eat a lot of tacos. Does that do anything for ya?
    Craig_DkjrunninKenElPescadoPelado
    Demotivational Speaker
    Master of the Absurd - King of all Polls
    Kansas Native
    Tweets Me  Follow ItsShug

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch