frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Overland Triathlon video by Transition 4

Granpa ChookGranpa Chook Member
edited October 23 in Main

Comments

• Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    Looks like so much fun.
    Jennifer PostJames Lange
  • Options
    Eric LagerstromEric Lagerstrom Member, Pro Triathlete
    Thanks guys! I was planning on dropping in here to make a post and take some questions, but you beat me to it! It WAS fun, and we're planning to more in the future!
    Jennifer PostM_WareAaronWebsteyMattGranpa ChookJames Lange
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    @Eric Lagerstrom Just watched. Really enjoyed the film. Great work. What lake was that? Trillium?
    Eric LagerstromJames Lange
  • Options
    Matt said:

Looks like so much fun.

I agree. First time I’ve been inspired enough to even consider getting a gravel bike and joining the cool kids.
    M_WareAaronWebsteyEric LagerstromGranpa ChookMattJames Lange
  • Options

@Eric Lagerstrom Just watched. Really enjoyed the film. Great work. What lake was that? Trillium?

That was actually Timothy Lake! Trillium was just a bit small for our needs. One of our initial routes was to run the entire trail around Timothy, which would be exactly a half marathon. But, half of that trail is the Pacific Crest Trail, which is closed to bikes, so filming it would have been impossible. Also, swimming any distance after a half marathon.. I'd be surprised if anyone didn't cramp!
    Granpa ChookJennifer PostJames LangeM_Ware
  • Options
    edited October 23
    @Jennifer Post if you need more pnw gravel inspiration check out routes by http://www.omtm.cc/
    and Dustin Klein’s videos:

The PNW has many great gravel/dirt roads. Lately I’ve been trying to cobble together something cheap that I can use all winter to link all the road, gravel, and double-track that is within striking distance of Portland.

@Eric Lagerstrom Thanks for poppin in. What size tires you all run? It looked like that single track was a bit difficult but under-biking is part of the fun.
    Jennifer PostM_Ware
  • Options
    James LangeJames Lange Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I don't get it. How do you feel any sense of accomplishment without a finisher's medal?
    MattJennifer PostGrantInSLCAaronWebsteyTad_M

• Options
    @Granpa Chook yeah the OMTM side is great. I've gone after a few of the routes on there, and one last year when there was snow on the ground at the higher elevations :#

We were running a variety of different sizes. The max my Krypton can handle is 33c, schwalbe g-one allrounds, but most of the guys went in the 38 range. There was a lot of climbing and rolling that wasn't singletrack, we just didn't show as much of it in the film.
    Granpa ChookJennifer Post
  • Options
    edited October 23
    @Eric Lagerstrom 33! Legit. Did you try the Dark Larch route?
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    @Eric Lagerstrom ask Stephanie for a Dark Matter instead: comes with 38 or 42, depending on 2x or 1x drivetrain.
    M_Ware
  • Options

I don't get it. How do you feel any sense of accomplishment without a finisher's medal?

Hah! Not to mention you can’t boast about a PR.
    James Lange
  • Options

@Eric Lagerstrom 33! Legit. Did you try the Dark Larch route?

Chris Ganter and I tried one out in the Dalles.. Can't remember the name off the top of my head. I started "Dark Larch" with Matt Berg last December, but it was fully snowed in, and we had to bail. It's at the top of my list!
  • Options
    Matt said:

@Eric Lagerstrom ask Stephanie for a Dark Matter instead: comes with 38 or 42, depending on 2x or 1x drivetrain.

It's on the way! I've been waiting since the day it was announced, haha
    Just scrounging some parts for it, and frothing for when it's all together :)
    M_WareMatt

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch