frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Unflattering Kona Photos (with thoughts)

slickfins_Ryanslickfins_Ryan Member, Rooster Endurance Member
edited October 22 in Main
Everyone sees all the glorious, triumphant, looking-like-a-boss photos of the athletes on race day (and I got a few of those) but I thought it'd be way more fun to post the most UNflattering photos of everyone I got. Then fill in thought bubbles for them. This is the first edit, more to come. (Also, feel free to suggest other thought bubbles). Also, there were no unflattering photos of Ryf. She looks perfect in all of them. It's annoying.

(Gomez)

(Sanders)

(Wurf)

(Ryf)

(Russel)

(Cunnama)

And some final concluding thoughts from our favorite Canadian...

Love you, Lionel! Sworry!

ItsShugM_WareGranpa ChookCraig_DMattJennifer PostMartinTad_MAaronWebsteywchevronRobert Rankinregular_markJohns622James LangeIanLkjrunninbalsdorfKenElPescadoPeladosimonsen77Brent_REmilyCocksBrew_TrigregkrangamelSdogHSeeley14GasBombpetefyrehaarPreachSwansonSpandexboy1_Hot_Pretzel
Kind of wish I was Canadian. Sorry.

Comments

• Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    edited October 22
    10/10 bravo

(any of McNamee?)
    AaronWebsteyM_WareMartin
  • Options
    gregkgregk Member
    @slickfins_Ryan this is wonderful and amazing.
    slickfins_RyanMartin
    The Dude at Minimal Multisport Podcast, Blog, and YouTube.
    MY PATREON!
  • Options
    James LangeJames Lange Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I can definitely relate to that pic of Matt Russel trying to fasten his watch while running out of transition.
    slickfins_Ryangregk

• Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Matt said:

10/10 bravo

(any of McNamee?)

Legend has it that there are no known photographs of McNamee in existence. Given that he did not appear on the Kona broadcast until the podium presentation, it's possible that he has some vampiric ability to elude capture on film or digital media.
    MattKenElPescadoPeladoTad_MJennifer PostCraig_D
  • Options
    Man I swear Lionel's hitch has gotten worse over the last couple years. Those angles on his left leg are all wrong. Dude is running on 1.5 legs.
    AaronWebsteyMartinslickfins_RyanKenElPescadoPeladoTad_MJennifer PostgregkCraig_D
  • Options

Man I swear Lionel's hitch has gotten worse over the last couple years. Those angles on his left leg are all wrong. Dude is running on 1.5 legs.

I wonder if he had the same form when he was running in high school/college. Supposedly he was a top notch runner before getting into drugs?
    KenElPescadoPeladoJennifer Post
  • Options
    Granpa ChookGranpa Chook Member
    edited October 23
    @wchevron Not sure about his younger years, but this is how I imagine him running...At 3:48 in this video he is at full flight, 5 min pace, looking great and that is his left side you can see. The asymmetric hitch is only really noticeable in his arm carriage at slower speeds but that hardly matters. This is from before his 4th place at 2014 70.3 worlds, which was a really great result actually. Javi won, Jan 2nd, Tim Don 3rd, and there wasn’t ANY coverage.

AaronWebsteyJames LangeCraig_D
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member

This is from before his 4th place at 2014 70.3 worlds, which was a really great result actually. Javi won, Jan 2nd, Tim Don 3rd, and there wasn’t ANY coverage.

I was in attendance and saw it happen. Last MPro out of the water, too. By a long shot
    James LangeGranpa Chook
  • Options
    Did you witness Javi and Frodeno running together? MYTHICAL race
    Matt
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    @Granpa Chook check out his recent kona training video around 8 min in when he's running 4:50 pace. His right foot drags when kicking forward. There's a definite imbalance/weakness in his stride on the left side.
    Granpa ChookCraig_D
  • Options
    I posted the old video because that’s how I imagine he should be running, in an ideal world and in every slowtwitcher’s dream. Much different now. Although comparing 12mph on treadmill and 4 min per km isn’t equal. He’s probably always had it to an extent. Maybe it’s training related, or due to his salsa dancing bike fit, or something else. Quite an engine to run as fast as he does on that stride.
    Sdog
  • Options
    Left legs are always causing problems.
    Matt
    HMKP
  • Options
    Also I touched Patrick Lange’s bike on the pier.

I thought I could absorb some speed and power if I touched it. We’ll see next year if it worked.

AaronWebsteyCraig_DKenElPescadoPeladosimonsen77maggieru
  • Options
    Oh...so you put the tow hook on the front of his bike. ;)
    Tad_MCraig_Dslickfins_Ryan
  • Options
    toebutt769toebutt769 Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    edited October 31

@Granpa Chook check out his recent kona training video around 8 min in when he's running 4:50 pace. His right foot drags when kicking forward. There's a definite imbalance/weakness in his stride on the left side.

He isn't flexing his right knee as much as the left on toe off. Definitely getting less step height on the right leg. It's an imbalance that he should get looked at by a physical therapist, and they probably could give him specific exercises to fix it. Maybe his right hamstring is weak? Maybe he has a leg length discrepancy? Who knows, but it definitely shows up.
    KenElPescadoPelado
    When keeping it real goes terribly wrong.
  • Options

Oh...so you put the tow hook on the front of his bike. ;)

No no, I snuck onto the pier AFTER the race. ????

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch