frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

IMFL- Haines City

Zach MillerZach Miller Member, Rooster Endurance Member
No I don't care what you think about the race being moved. This is a who is going thread? Who wants to meet up and hang before the race. Right now I am looking at flying into Tampa(cheaper then Orlando for me) probably Tuesday/Wednesday and staying until Monday night.
AaronWebstey

Comments

• Options
    I’ve sent an email to IM to see what price point they opened up registration at. With the deferral option I wonder if it’ll be an easier Kona slot. I’m not above going that route

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    why do you think they are opening up registration? @Robert Rankin
  • Options
    They announced they did. Priority going to people who did Lou and Chatty. I emailed them and they already responded $825. I’m on the fence and they have until Wednesday

• Options
    @Robert Rankin O dang nice. I guess I didn't think they would get an official number of people not going so fast.
  • Options
    @Robert Rankin I do not think it will be that much easier for kona slots, maybe a little but I think the course will have more of an impact. Now looking at maybe non wetsuit swim, hillier bike and run. Hotter conditions. I would "think" most of the top people really wanting that kona slot would of found a way to go from PCB to HC. I think if anything by opening it up makes it even harder with good athletes signing up late if they think they are in good shape. especially the older athletes or athletes with good money to travel.
  • Options
    Yeah I was surprised to see if, and don’t know how many slots are available. Out of curiosity, what age group are you in? Haha

• Options
    @Robert Rankin 25-29 so you dont have to worry about me, you are older right?

I am excited this new course could suit me really well if it is hilly and hot and non wetsuit.
  • Options
    Yeah I wondered about that too. How many people are thinking what I am. I went 4:27 at Haines in April in worse shape than I am now. The bike course really isn’t much worse than PCB.

• Options
    Yeah I’m 35-39. I never came out of the big ring on the bike. Swim is slow, and will be non wetsuit. Run is a wild card. I’ve run terrible there and run well. It’s got the most noticeable elevation on the course

• Options
    The 70.3 HC course has more elevation then PCB did for a full. Not crazy, but if they double the bike it will have over 2000 ft elevation, which is at least something different then pancake flat the whole time.

@Robert Rankin
  • Options
    Yeah but even still that’s not bad, and the majority of it is in one 15 mile section. It’s actually a really fast course. I read it would still be the 3rd flattest Ironman course.

• Options
    @Robert Rankin if you got the money and really want a kona slot then come race. at this point nobody has any idea who is racing in their AG and the slots could be split weird because of the # of starters in each AG. you can always DNF if you are not feeling it. only con is the money.
  • Options
    Yeah I’ve got until Wednesday to think it over. Money is the big issue. I was planning on giving it another shot next year. Now I’d be pretty much gambling on a slot this year and giving up next year because I can’t afford to pay 2 IM reg fees this month

• Options
    @Robert Rankin what other race were you thinking next year ?
  • Options
    Trying Florida again, mostly out of convenience. I went 9:40 last year and had a bad run. Figure with two years more in the bank I can give 9 hours a go, which is what it’ll take ages 30-39
    AaronWebsteyMartinTad_M

• Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member

The 70.3 HC course has more elevation then PCB did for a full. Not crazy, but if they double the bike it will have over 2000 ft elevation, which is at least something different then pancake flat the whole time.

@Robert Rankin

I did PCB a long time ago, but 'more elevation' than PCB would mean two highway overpasses rather than one, wouldn't it?
    Robert RankinTad_M
  • Options
    Martin said:

@Robert Rankin

I did PCB a long time ago, but 'more elevation' than PCB would mean two highway overpasses rather than one, wouldn't it?
    Pretty much. There's only 3 noticeable inclines at Haines City, and one of them is coming into T2. The most noticeable difference in the course change is the run. The swim isn't fun either. Not sure how they're going to do two loops of an M shape in that pond. After sleeping on it, I'm passing on doing the stupid thing and trying to do an IM with 2.5 weeks prep. Think I could still pull off sub 10 but hoping someone shows up and goes low 9 and doesn't make me regret it. Curious to see when they'll open up registration for next year. They made a comment about not being sure if PCB will be ready in a year, but I can't see how they aren't operational by spring break/summer. They need the tourism

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch