frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

MLT Winners to be Paid in Bitcoin

ellsworth53tellsworth53t Member, Rooster Endurance Member

Major League Triathlon and @BTCTN partner for MLT Championship event in Charlotte, NC. For the first time ever, MLT Pros will be paid in Bitcoin Cash. #revolutionary #crypto #cryptocurrency #BitcoinCash #bitcoinnews

Full story here: https://t.co/AR1tt05ewd pic.twitter.com/blvJP0eSyV

— MajorLeagueTri (@MajorLeagueTri) October 3, 2018
#crypto #revolutionary #wut
AaronWebstey

Comments

• Options
    Soooo they still wont make any money ?
    MattCraig_DKenElPescadoPeladoJennifer PostMartinAaronWebsteyidking90
    HMKP
  • Options
    James LangeJames Lange Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    The prize purse could go up or down by 30% during the race!
    ellsworth53tAaronWebsteyidking90

• Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    With a 52 week high near 4200, it can only go up. I'm getting on the MLT train.

• Options
    Maybe you won't need that new job after all.
    KenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    idking90idking90 Member, Pro Triathlete
    First thought: hooray for an outside sponsor!
    Second thought: the prize is now being paid in make believe money which only has use cases of speculation or illegal activity. Hooray for that. Instead of “the next prime will be $50,” I hope the announcer starts reading the encryption string of jumbled random letters and numbers instead.
    HMkrplunkitAaronWebsteyTad_MRobert Rankin
  • Options
    Hey at least they will be able to get all their training plans back easily after their computers are held hostage. No need to go to the bitcoin ATM in a rush. Just cash in those winnings baby!
    Craig_DAaronWebsteyidking90
    HMKP
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Serious question: I know we're all mostly middle class and up, but are pro triathletes financially savvy enough to know what to do with this payment? If they were, they wouldn't be trying to earning a living at this.
    KenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    idking90idking90 Member, Pro Triathlete
    @KHilgendorf I have a few friends who race MLT. It’s only the individual primes for fastest swim/bike/run/overall for the MTR, and they’ll have the ability to change it to cash instantly if they desire.

The one guy I talked to about it said that’s his plan, which is good because it means he has no immediate plans to buy drugs, humans, or pirated software.

As my previous post alludes to, I have mixed feelings. MLT does pay fairly well (though they’re less public about how much they’re paying than they were a few years ago), but really its value is experience and showcasing abilities for Olympic dreams.
    M_WareCraig_DKenElPescadoPelado

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch