frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Tour de France 2018

Comments

• Options
    MartinMartin Member
    Ok, ASO exerted their legal rights over the TdF trademark, so Velogames is down. I will set up a league on the official tour Fantasy site tonight.
    M_Wareidking90AaronWebsteyJennifer PostMattKenElPescadoPeladoRobert Rankin
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    My offer still stands! If anyone cares
    MartinKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member
    Site is https://www.velon.cc/en/fantasy
    League is TourDeRoost
    Password is 25W7M

Game on.
    Jennifer Post
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member
    @AaronWebstey PMd you my address. You can just send the shirt now.
    Jennifer PostAaronWebstey
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member
    Remember you get to swap two riders in this pool - one at each rest day.

• Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Martin said:

Site is https://www.velon.cc/en/fantasy
    League is TourDeRoost
    Password is 25W7M

Game on.

Thanks @Martin for getting the new league set up so quickly!

AaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator
    Change my road captain daily? Aww damn, I can't remember my picks.
    Martin
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member
    Matt said:

Change my road captain daily? Aww damn, I can't remember my picks.

Looking at the course, and barring crashes, you probably only need to change it once in the first nine stages. Maybe twice.
  • Options
    edited July 6
    I'm offering one t-shirt for every 20 entries. RT, and watch for the FB post to share!

Sworry, updated tweet link
  • Options
    I've got my team in! If I win you guys have to buy me a real t-shirt :)
    MartinKenElPescadoPeladoTad_Machrowicz
  • Options
    Is there a way to just bulk select the entire quickstep team?
    AaronWebsteyMartinMattTad_Machrowicz
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member
    Stage 1 should be a sprint, but it's going to be a nervy day with decent winds along the coast and at the finish. Expect to see QuickStep and Sky up front watching for opportunities to split the bunch in a crosswind, and lots of jostling for position by the GC hopefuls. Hope the medics have lots of gauze.

As for picks, I am skeptical that an aging Cavendish will be in the mix after his crash-filled season to date. I'm curious about Kittel's form, and secretly hope Greipel gets his annual stage win out of the early, but I'm sticking with Groenewegen.

Don't be surprised to see a late blitz by GVH, Gilbert (although you would expect him to be under team orders for Gavira) and possibly Matthews and Sagan. None of them have the firepower to go head-on with the sprint trains, and the wind might give them an opening.
    M_WareAaronWebstey
  • Options
    MamaCheetahMamaCheetah Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    I created a team on the new site earlier today and now I can’t log in to hook it to this league ! Gat Damn this technology nonsense. Anyone else having trouble ?
  • Options
    MamaCheetahMamaCheetah Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Ok. User error. I’m in. Where @evan at ? I’m watchin you !!
    M_WareAaronWebsteyEvan
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member
    edited July 7
    It was nice of Quintana to wait for Froome there. That was a Top 10 Worst Wheel Change ever.

Pretty messy finish. Lots of gaps. The winning team today is probably going to hold yellow for a looooong time.
  • Options
    Robert RankinRobert Rankin Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Why in God’s name are they running disc brakes if it’s that hard to do neutral changes? I’m ignorant, I’ve never used disc brakes.
    KenElPescadoPeladoMartin

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Thought I'd heard they were barring Froome from participating? WTF?
    MattMartinAaronWebstey
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    wchevronwchevron Member
    Anyone else get a notice the fantasy league was suspended. Just logged in and had that pop up?
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    wchevron said:

Anyone else get a notice the fantasy league was suspended. Just logged in and had that pop up?

Velogames did, so we moved to Velon.cc. Did you catch that?

Now it's looking like I have an account & a team, but i'm not in the league. I echo @MamaCheetah 's sediment, damn this techno loggee!
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member
    STAGE 1 WRAP UP

Well, someone says it every year: You can't win the Tour if you can't stay on two wheels. I don't think any of the crashes we saw today will have a major impact on the outcome in Paris, but they will affect when jerseys change.

Coming into the Tour, no team has been as successful this year as QuickStep, and they continued that today. (They technically hold three of the jerseys and the teams classification...) Great lead-out on a traffic-island filled run-in, and Gaviria was just untouchable. Sagan showed how important positioning is in the sprint. I don't think he was stronger than Kittel or Kristoff, but when you own the wheel of the fastest man in the race, you are probably going to be in the mix. He gets to 'hold' the green jersey while Gaviria shows off the yellow, but he'll have a tough time winning it this year. As for the other sprinters, it was a solid first day for most - quick, cheer if you had Laporte in your top five for the stage (crickets...) - and for others, well, at least Cavendish didn't crash into a race vehicle again.

Taking into account the bonus seconds that Gaviria earned today (and probably will again over the next couple of days), the gaps to Porte and Froome, and the horsepower that team can bring to the TTT, QuickStep could hold yellow until the first rest day, nine days from now, possibly longer if Jungels has a good first day in the hills.

Bernal, Porte, and Froome went down, and Quintana was somehow left behind by his team during a garbage wheel change by neutral support. (I couldn't see if he was riding the disc version of the Canyon, but it didn't look like it.) That was bad management by Movistar, in contrast to Sky: Geraint Thomas was not held back to pace Froome. He's one of the strongest riders in the race, a legit GT threat, and they can now use his time gap on Froome to play poker with the other teams. Fuglsgang and Majka kept their wheels down and rode into top 10 spots at the finish, followed by Nibali in 11th, GT in 14th and Jungels in 15th.

Spare a thought for Lawson Craddock, who crashed in the first feed zone of a 21 stage event. He gets the lanterne rouge for his troubles, but he did not look great at the finish.

STAGE 2 PREVIEW

Tomorrow is another sprint stage. With a climbing point on offer at km 28, expect to see some early action. You can then go ride or swim for a couple of hours and come back for the last hour and ten minutes or so, to watch the intermediate sprint, the weird three second bonus sprint, and Gaviria sprint to a second stage win.
    M_WareRobert RankinMattRashAaronWebsteysimonsen77Craig D
  • Options
    RashRash Member
    Sagan is still the Green favorite I think. As good as Gaviria is (more so his lead out train - ask Kittel), I still think the big sprinters are going to split up the sprint stages a bit while Sagan will be top 5 in almost all the fast finishes. He knows how to float around the fast wheels and keep his spot. Once it heads to the lumpy stages he will go grab points - Matthews has already stated he is not chasing the green jersey this year (not that he was a favorite in this field anyway). Of course if the quick step train continues to dominate and deliver Gaviria like today he could win every sprint stage making it tough.

As for GC, all today did was level out the TTT a bit. The guys that were going to lose time all picked up about a minute. I think it’s better because it reduces the penalty of a weaker team.

As for Movistar - having the team sit back with Quintana would not have helped much at that point - maybe a handful of seconds with the pace into the sprint. His main rivals were behind and they stuck with their three leader strategy. I think Quintana is their best chance, but they’ll have some games to play with the gap as well later although obviously would be best with Landa or Valverde in Quintana’s spot.
    M_WareMartinRobert Rankin
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member
    @Rash - Hansen commented that Gaviria might go uphill faster than Sagan, but we'll see over the next day or five.
  • Options
    I really like Lawson Craddock

MartinRashMattM_WareJennifer PostKuchKenElPescadoPelado

• Options
    Tad_MachrowiczTad_Machrowicz Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    edited July 8
    I missed the news on the shutdown. I was surprised this morning as I gleefully logged on to see my excellent stage 1 score for picking #1 and 2 correct plus many other high scorers, now I cant even establish a team during stage 2...... and I don't have my team listing printed out.
    I'm an idiot.
    It does seem like I can join for stage 3???? Did anyone thoughtfully print the teams out from velogames prior to the disaster???? If so, please send me mine. I'd feel best if I can re-create my team exactly.
    MattM_Ware

• Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator
    What a chaotic final 20k.
    Martin
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member
    Matt said:

What a chaotic final 20k.

Bummer about Sanchez earlier in the race, too. The mélée just before that right-hander at the end just screamed "CRASH COMING". Good positioning by Sagan and an impressive sprint.
    Matt
  • Options
    I keep selecting the wrong “road captain” for the bonus points.

Am I the only one tired of the Taylor Phinney bits?
    Evan

• Options
    Tad_MachrowiczTad_Machrowicz Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Super awesome Sagan!!!! and the site lets me in to start playing stage 3. Woooohooooo!
    Jennifer PostAaronWebstey

• Options
    EvanEvan Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    i'm over Phinney bits @Robert Rankin it was funny last year, it's lame now.

lance is doing a good job on his podcast so far along with a ton of ads
    Robert Rankin

unofficial non-general counsel for TRS Racing and other TRS-related entities
  • Options
    Yeah I enjoy LA's podcast. He obviously made TheMove (see what I did there) to profiting off the podcast even more. The ads are a bit much. I'd honestly join his season pass if I could listen ad free.

Am I wrong in assuming that, for fantasy, the teams will all get the same amount of points even if we start one of the guys that drop off near the end of the TTT? So all Sky guys get same points is what I'm asking haha

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch