frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Race weekend sabotage? + 70.3 MT comments

MartinMartin Member
edited June 24 in Main
I'm up at Tremblant watching the races this weekend, and I'm trying to understand why so many people racing the 70.3 tomorrow were out training so hard today. There were people with race numbers all the way out to the turnaround in Labelle, riding hard on Ryan, etc. I know I'm a lame, out of shape former triathlete now, and I get a quick bike check ride or a few short strides to keep the legs sharp, but what happened to rest? Drop $400 plus travel on a race to train through it?
MattAaronWebsteyCraig D

Comments

• Options
    Tad_MachrowiczTad_Machrowicz Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Relative to most people, I would say I know about 0.00000001 about triathlon. I have always looked at those people the day before big races, and thought "egotistical, peacock, idiots".
    I wish I knew more about this sport and could see them through all knowing eyes......
    MartinKenElPescadoPelado

• Options
    MartinMartin Member

Relative to most people, I would say I know about 0.00000001 about triathlon. I have always looked at those people the day before big races, and thought "egotistical, peacock, idiots".
    I wish I knew more about this sport and could see them through all knowing eyes......

I would say you pretty much nailed it.
    Tad_MachrowiczGasBomb
  • Options
    Maybe you’re just catching the exact time they’re doing a couple hard efforts to activate the legs?

Or more likely, @Tad_Machrowicz is correct.
    AaronWebsteyTad_MachrowiczMartinCraig D
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Level 2 Supporter
    edited June 24
    You guys are so sweet. You are making me feel 100% righteous for spending the day before the Tour de Oahe* lounging around eating Halo Top and rewatching Skyfall. #blessed

*Edited to add: not a race, just a ride, but I feel like you’ve justified my sloth anyway.
    Jennifer PostAaronWebsteyMartinCraig DKenElPescadoPeladoGasBomb
    Queen of All Pins and A+ Enabler
    Send your Pinterest suggestions to me at:
    QOAP@triroost.com
    http://www.pinterest.com/triroost/
    Queen of All Donut Awards
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator
    At least I had a good talk with Crowie at our offices on Thursday.
    M_WareJennifer PostAaronWebsteyTad_MachrowiczMartinCraig D
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member
    Sanders is a man among children here. Not. Even. Close.
    M_WareTad_MachrowiczCraig DAaronWebstey
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member
    Estimated value of bikes wetsuits helmets glasses sneakers and assorted gadgetry in transition this morning is slightly over $11M.
    Tad_MachrowiczMattCraig DKenElPescadoPeladoM_WareAaronWebstey
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member
    People really appreciate when you stand at the turn towards Duplessis cheering that they only have Duplessis and a half-marathon to go.
    kjrunninTad_MachrowiczMattCraig DKenElPescadoPeladoAaronWebsteyGasBomb
  • Options
    Craig DCraig D Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Martin said:

I would say you pretty much nailed it.
    I fully agree with this. Any race you go to its the same old thing. A friend of mine blew himself up 4 days before a race and could barely ride his bike let alone run during the event. He got caught up with a couple of guys on a "quick" ride that were in his age group. A 15 minute ride turned into 2 hours at near race pace once the smack talking started. I still laugh at him to this day.

MartinTad_Machrowicz
    Canadian Division
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member
    Martin said:

Estimated value of bikes wetsuits helmets glasses sneakers and assorted gadgetry in transition this morning is slightly over $11M.

Huh. That actually wasn't supposed to be funny. It was just a quick calculation.

Also: Bike Count: 2,000 Argon 18s (hometown fave, and the @Matt effect), 300 Devincis (also hometown), 450 others. Kudos to the old guy riding a round-tubed steel Colnago with clip ons and more than holding his own.
    MattTad_MachrowiczAaronWebsteyM_Ware

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch