frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Honour thy parents

AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, TRS/Baucco Team Member
My old man is 74, and has spent the past couple weeks working 6am-8pm in Amherst to set up and manage the polling stations for a local by-election. Kills him and Nance to be apart during the days, but it's decent money and keeps the ol noggin sharp. Such a tough old bastard in many ways.

In honour of father's/mother's days, gimme 2 or 3 sentences that paint a little picture of your folks. Past or present, good, bad, or ugly - just keep it real and keep it short.
M_WareKenElPescadoPeladoTuck_n_Roll_Tad_MkjrunninMattGasBombKuchOverSwimmerCraig_DMartin

Comments

• Options
    MartinMartin Member
    I don't know what brought you together, or held you there, but thanks for being so different from each other and for being a model for a successful marriage, sadly ended too soon.

(#sworry. That's just one run-on sentence.)
    AaronWebsteyM_WareJennifer PostTuck_n_Roll_Tad_MkjrunninMattOverSwimmerCraig_D
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Level 2 Supporter
    My parents met at Cal Berkeley. Dad was a junior (21) and mom a sophomore (18). Married now for over 60 years. Only after my dad's mother and father passed away, did my dad share with my mom that his parents tried to talk him out of getting married because it wouldn't last.
    M_WareTuck_n_Roll_Tad_MAaronWebsteykjrunninMattOverSwimmerCraig_DMartin
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    My parents had 8 kids together, of which I was the 4th. Married something like 35 years, then they divorced about 20 years ago. Found out that my uncle had dated my mom first, and my dad said he should've let his brother keep her. What was the topic of this again?
    Jennifer PostTuck_n_Roll_Tad_MAaronWebsteyM_WarekjrunninMattGasBombOverSwimmerCraig_DMartin
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    Tuck_n_Roll_Tad_MTuck_n_Roll_Tad_M Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Mom had unconditional love for her kids, and was tough as nails at the same time. I miss her. Dad is still here, and spreads happiness and optimism whenever we talk. They raised me while running an incredibly cool family business. Taught me value, but never let me want for too much. I'm truly lucky.
    AaronWebsteyM_WareKenElPescadoPeladokjrunninOverSwimmerCraig_DMartin

• Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Level 2 Supporter
    My mom designed her own grave stone, mother~ daughter ~ sister ~ friend, she excelled at all those.

On my way home now from visiting my dad. The comment most people tell me when I’m visitng there is that he’s the smartest person they have ever known. His motto, “If it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing right .”

KenElPescadoPeladokjrunninTuck_n_Roll_Tad_MAaronWebsteyJennifer PostGasBombOverSwimmerCraig_D
    Queen of All Pins and A+ Enabler
    Send your Pinterest suggestions to me at:
    QOAP@triroost.com
    http://www.pinterest.com/triroost/
    Queen of All Donut Awards
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member
    edited June 18
    My parents were born 17 days and 15 miles apart. Dad dated a couple playboy bunnies in the 70's (sisters, actually) before meeting my mom in college and sticking with her for 44 years and counting. He came by today to help rip out a fence in 105 deg heat and throw water balloons at my kids. And brought us donuts from our hometown shop.
    M_WareAaronWebsteyJennifer PostMattKenElPescadoPeladoGasBombkjrunninTuck_n_Roll_Tad_MOverSwimmerCraig_DMartin
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    This is going exactly as I'd hoped it would but I'm still cursing you fuckers for making me cry
    Jennifer PostM_WareKenElPescadoPeladoTuck_n_Roll_Tad_MMartin
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator
    @KHilgendorf which Bunnies? My dad gave me his old issues.
    KenElPescadoPeladoAaronWebsteyTuck_n_Roll_Tad_MOverSwimmerCraig_DMartin
  • Options
    bbculpbbculp Member
    My dad, Laius, King of Thebes, was warned by an oracle that I'd kill him one day, so I was sent to die on the mountain of Cithaeron. Luckily a shepherd found me and brought me to a dope castle in Corinth run by this King Polybus cat, who raised me as his own. I got high one day and ended up at an oracle in Delphi, and she told me I was destined to kill my father and marry my mother. I was like, "Whoa, I gotta get the fuck out of Corinth," because I had no idea Polybus wasn't my real pops.

I decided to hitch-hike to Thebes and ended up getting into some shit with this old dude on my way. Being a gangster, I had to kill the mother fucker. Anyway, I get to Thebes and find out their king just got murdered and this big ass Sphinx had taken over. No one could solve the Sphinx's riddle to get rid of him, and I was like "I got this," so I solved that shit and they made me king. I inherited this MILF Jocasta as my queen from the dead dude, which I was cool with because I always had a thing for more experienced women.

Long-story short, I did some detective work to find out who killed the last king and it turned out he was the dude I had to kill on my way into town. I did a little more digging and realized he was my biological dad and Jocasta was, in fact, my mom...which was super fucked up because we'd been banging for a few years at that point and even had a little one.

As you can probably expect, mom didn't take the news well and hung herself. I'd had like a fifth of JD at that point, so I ended up grabbing some pins off her dress and stabbing my fucking eyes out.

So Mom and Dad are dead and I can't see shit. Happy fucking Father's Day.
    M_WareTuck_n_Roll_Tad_MAaronWebsteyRashKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Tuck_n_Roll_Tad_MTuck_n_Roll_Tad_M Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    All hail the king!
    AaronWebsteybbculp

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch