frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Fantasy Triathlon - how serious are you about wanting it to return?

AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, TRS/Baucco Team Member
We have a concrete offer from Vinfotech, and it's time to let me know just how badly you actually want to see fantasy triathlon return. I (and/or any interested investors) will need to raise >$5k for initial costs plus a few months of operating float, and we'd be up and running with this system:

https://www.vinfotech.com/fantasy-sports/white-label-daily-fantasy-sports-software

The highlights:

- flexible game structure
- powerful admin area for easy configuration
- custom design
- NATIVE IPHONE AND ANDROID APPS

There are many more features as well, but this is basically the system I dreamed of building for years.

This is getting into (for me, anyway) a serious amount of cash and work, and is not to be taken lightly. And I don't have the cash, but am willing to invest the time, if the most interested parties (you people, mostly) think we can make it happen.

If you are interested in investing as a partner, would donate to a gofundme, have opinions on whether it's feasible, could help in any way, or just really really want to get playing again, please let me know here and/or in private at webstey@triroost.com . I'm open to any suggestions and there's no reason, given the software we'd be buying, we couldn't expand to say fantasy marathons, fantasy ultra running, or any other number of niche sports that aren't already saturated with fantasy venues.

A
KenElPescadoPeladoKuchRobert Rankin

Comments

• Options
    bbculpbbculp Member
    I don't have any money (obviously) but would love to help promote this little endeavor. I think it could be viable, especially if you built it out to include things like the marathon majors. Happy to help spread the word on some real tri sites and forums if this gets going.
    M_WareAaronWebsteymaggieruJennifer PostMartinCraig DRobert Rankin
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Level 2 Supporter
    @bbculp you know Roosters are the most ‘real’ characters in the triathlon space, right? Go doughnuts, go boozing, go cowbell, go BAAW!
    AaronWebsteyStruangbbculpJennifer PostJohns622
    Queen of All Pins and A+ Enabler
    Send your Pinterest suggestions to me at:
    QOAP@triroost.com
    http://www.pinterest.com/triroost/
  • Options
    bbculp said:

I don't have any money (obviously) but would love to help promote this little endeavor. I think it could be viable, especially if you built it out to include things like the marathon majors. Happy to help spread the word on some real tri sites and forums if this gets going.

All jokes and shit-trolling aside, this means a lot. Thanks Brad!
    bbculpJennifer PostRobert Rankin
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Finally, a triathlon GoFundMe I can get behind. Though most others have great entertainment value as targets of ridicule.
    AaronWebsteyM_WareJennifer PostMaddie_McK
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    StruangStruang Member
    I certainly think it's a sound proposition and would be happy to contribute what I can, happy to get involved with some of the admin.
    M_WareJennifer Postbbculp
  • Options
    Can we start a Fantasy Triathlon club and use the proceeds to find the site? Like TRS, but with winged unicorns and rainbows rather than red and black cocks?
    M_WareJennifer PostTad_MachrowiczCraig DAaronWebstey
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Level 2 Supporter
    I could help with admin work. I’ll DM you re financial support.
    M_WareAaronWebstey
  • Options
    Tad_MachrowiczTad_Machrowicz Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    edited May 30

Can we start a Fantasy Triathlon club and use the proceeds to find the site? Like TRS, but with winged unicorns and rainbows rather than red and black cocks?

And the founder will then disappear? ..... Sworry
    KenElPescadoPeladoMartinAaronWebsteyRobert Rankin

• Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Level 2 Supporter
    bbculp said:

Could include SwimRun too. Just the value of trolling ST would be worth it.
    Tad_MachrowiczAaronWebsteybbculpmaggieru
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator
    Can we call is the NO DANS club?
    KenElPescadoPeladoTad_MachrowiczAaronWebsteymaggieru
  • Options
    @Matt so we're allowed one?

M_WareKenElPescadoPeladoMattTad_MachrowiczAaronWebstey
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member

No reason we can't start expanding into other sports now.

M_WareCraig DTad_MachrowiczAaronWebstey
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Level 2 Supporter
    If we had a bake sale to fund this I would donate a cheesecake:

Or if we had a rummage sale I would donate this one of a kind rock:

In lieu of those 2 options I’m in for a donation but would prefer a no overhead way of giving it. Can I mail you a Benjamin?
    Tad_MachrowiczAaronWebsteyJennifer PostKenElPescadoPeladomaggieru
    Queen of All Pins and A+ Enabler
    Send your Pinterest suggestions to me at:
    QOAP@triroost.com
    http://www.pinterest.com/triroost/
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member
    Can I run a GoFundMe to fund my Fantasy Triathlon activities?

Can we post obscure third tier Asian age group races to gamble on, like you can in futball?
    Tad_MachrowiczAaronWebsteyJennifer Postidking90
  • Options
    Craig DCraig D Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    @M_Ware that Benjamin makes you a majority owner when its converted to Canadian Pesos
    Tad_MachrowiczAaronWebsteyM_WareJennifer PostKenElPescadoPelado
    Canadian Division
  • Options
    I'll have a demo available ASAP. I've already received a very generous pledge (in addition to the also-generous offers of non-financial aid above) without even getting past the "anyone interested?" stage, so things are looking pretty good so far.
    M_WareJennifer PostbbculpTad_MachrowiczKenElPescadoPeladoKuch
  • Options
    EmilyCocksEmilyCocks Member, Pro Triathlete
    this is exciting! I don't know how much time I have to offer on the admin side since we are in the rebuilding process but I am happy to promote and play :)

Keep me in the loop @AaronWebstey.
    M_WareAaronWebsteyJennifer PostbbculpTad_MachrowiczMaddie_McK
  • Options
    Thanks to @Zach Miller , there's a thread going on a "real tri forum" : https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Would_you_play_Fantasy_Triathlon_for_cash?_P6645324/?page=unread#unread

FYI I believe Culp was complimenting us, not insulting us, by insinuating that we're not a "real" triathlon forum. :)
    Jennifer PostM_Warebbculp
  • Options

this is exciting! I don't know how much time I have to offer on the admin side since we are in the rebuilding process but I am happy to promote and play :)

Will @Zach Miller and @EmilyCocks have a Fantasy Triathlon Preview Show? All the major sports networks have duplicated their normal pre-game programming. I'm convinced that their fantasy picks will somehow be different than their real world predictions, and without this, I will certainly be slaughtered!
    AaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPelado

• Options
    Zach MillerZach Miller Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member

Will @Zach Miller and @EmilyCocks have a Fantasy Triathlon Preview Show? All the major sports networks have duplicated their normal pre-game programming. I'm convinced that their fantasy picks will somehow be different than their real world predictions, and without this, I will certainly be slaughtered!
    We have already been in contact with ESPN "The Ocho" for a podcast.
    AaronWebsteyTad_MachrowiczEmilyCocksKenElPescadoPeladomaggieru
  • Options
    bbculpbbculp Member

FYI I believe Culp was complimenting us, not insulting us, by insinuating that we're not a "real" triathlon forum. :)

There's a reason I hang out over here instead of the other place.
    M_WareTad_MachrowiczAaronWebstey
  • Options
    Sworry @Matt

Mattmaggieru

• Options
    idking90idking90 Member, Pro Triathlete
    edited June 1
    Martin said:

Can I run a GoFundMe to fund my Fantasy Triathlon activities?

Can we post obscure third tier Asian age group races to gamble on, like you can in futball?

How much more obscure is that than any pro race that isn’t WTS or a regional championship?

Edited to add: note that I’ve never done either of those types of races. I still feel bad that my chip fell off when I raced NYC tri because I couldn’t get any points for anybody who picked me :dissapointed:
    AaronWebsteyMartinKenElPescadoPeladoCraig D
  • Options
    maggierumaggieru Member, Pro Triathlete

We have already been in contact with ESPN "The Ocho" for a podcast.

That's a bold move, Zach.
    Tad_MachrowiczAaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPelado
    insta: @magrusch
  • Options
    maggierumaggieru Member, Pro Triathlete
    I would be curious to see the proposed structure. I think some people are more versed in short course, others in long distance and it could play out in a pretty interesting way if implemented.

I also think this would tie in nicely to the Triathlon Preview Show (though I still have questions about where Emily gets her excellent intel... it's always eerily spot-on!).
    Tad_MachrowiczAaronWebsteyM_WareKenElPescadoPelado
    insta: @magrusch
  • Options
    Robert RankinRobert Rankin Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    I'm poor but hide cash in Paypal just for fantasy sports, so I'm in
    M_WarebbculpJohns622AaronWebsteyTad_MachrowiczJennifer PostKenElPescadoPeladomaggieru

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    I had a wonderful couples therapy session last night and somehow walked out 6k poorer. And told that I’m not a man because I don’t have a job and don’t provide for my children. So I feel ya @Robert Rankin gotta start shifting assets offshore...
    AaronWebstey
  • Options
    edited June 6
    If you're a Dad for your children @KHilgendorf , the rest melts away.
    6k? That counselor owes you a new 1x Carbon Diverge.
    Hang tough!
    AaronWebsteyJennifer Post

• Options
    Adding: the maritimes are islands, and the people speak broken English. Could I hide some cash there? Backing an online gambling site?
    AaronWebsteyJennifer Post
  • Options
    Robert RankinRobert Rankin Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    @KHilgendorf I work in a tipped based position. The hours suck, but "sock money" is easier to come by haha. Kidding aside stay at home parent has got to be tougher than any job I've ever done. I'll be going part time when my much better half finishes school. At which time I'll have to ask to spend my allowance on fantasy sports. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll finish top 3 at Challenge Daytona and get a "pro card" so at least while I'm making nothing I can at least call myself a professional something (*this is a joke and I doubt I'll be close, if I'm even there. Kiddo number 2 is due the week before the race.)
    KenElPescadoPeladoM_WareAaronWebstey

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch