frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

MI Coast to Coast - Anyone racing?

Tad_MachrowiczTad_Machrowicz Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
in Main
Shout out if you're racing. I'm doing the 212 relay with a TRS teammate. If you're there we will say hi and be happy to lend a hand if need be. We will be self-crewing for each other and leapfrogging in my truck.
M_WareAaronWebsteyCraig D

Comments

• Options
    We're ready. Anyone else? Beuller, Beuller?

M_WareCraig D

• Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    edited May 23
    Hey, this sounded familiar. @Tad_Machrowicz, you're now famous by proxy!

https://www.bicycling.com/rides/a20770672/michigans-coast-to-coast-210-gravel-grinder/

"...the Mitten folded upon itself and became a boxing glove and the high-five state turned into the punch-in-the-face state..."
    M_WareAaronWebsteyTad_Machrowiczidking90
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    The third leg, miles 106 to 166 tried my patience. Fortunately, I was a relay person, otherwise, I would be dead.
    Thus, I can't wait till next year. Beginning of June, DK100, end of June Coast to Coast Redux. The relay again, but this time Paul and I switch segments. he he he he.
    M_WareKenElPescadoPelado

• Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    "Paul is dead, miss him, miss him."
    Tad_Machrowicz
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    idking90idking90 Member, Pro Triathlete
    @Tad_Machrowicz do the whole thing!
    Regards,
    A guy who says a 70.3 is way too long of a race
    Tad_Machrowicz
  • Options
    We will see @idking90 , let me get the DK100 down and do this relay again.
    I told my buddy that normally in the heat of the finish high we are often prone to signing up again, and stupidly going for the next bigger challenge..... I found it unique that this was the first time I was never tempted at all to increase the task.

• Options
    ToefuzzToefuzz Member
    I did the 212 mile race and loved it, despite coming in severely undertrained. I rode with some buddies and we stopped more than I would have liked, although maybe that’s the reason I felt like I got stronger with every section... until the sand after the Chaise. Fuck that shit! I should have listened to Acker and found a bike with 2” tires. I had a 42 up front and a 38 on the back... that was the longest 5 or 6 miles of my life. We came in at just over 20 hours. It was designed to be easier than DK but most people I’ve talked to who have done both say they were equally hard in different ways or C2C was more difficult, which really surprised me. I can’t wait for next year... goal will be to beat the sun!
    M_WareJohns622

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch