frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Roosters in Victoria?

idking90idking90 Member, Pro Triathlete
edited May 22 in Main
I know we overindex on Canadians here on this forum, but how about Canadiennes?
Coming to race XTERRA Quebec August 18 and would love a friendly futon, dog bed, pull out couch, etc to sleep on.
Race is out of town a little ways at Lac Delage, if that helps
****Update: I’m also considering XTERRA Victoria on July 8 because I just can’t get enough Tim Horton’s so I’ll do both Canadian races this year. Same applies as above, anybody have a futon or dog bed? Dog bed is best if I get to share it with your corgi.
M_Waresimonsen77MartinAaronWebsteyCraig DRobert Rankin

Comments

• Options
    MartinMartin Member
    I'm a few hours down the road, but might come up to see it.

If you need to crash in Montreal for a night on the way through, feel free to drop me a note.
    AaronWebsteyMattKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    @Martin thanks for the offer. I'll definitely consider, especially because my options for flying to Montreal or Burlington are far more plentiful than to Quebec itself.
    AaronWebstey
  • Options
    XTERRA in Quebec is the same weekend as IMMT? Interesting..
  • Options
    Yea, and XTERRA is Saturday, while IMMT is Sunday. I can’t imagine there’s a ton of crossover there per se, certainly not within the pro fields. Particularly as Quebec is supposedly pretty technical and only has $7500 prize money, so not a ton of incentive to just jump into it.
    AaronWebstey
  • Options
    simonsen77simonsen77 Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    That makes for a hell of attractive destination weekend though - one person does Xterra, and their sherpa does IMMT.
    M_WareJohns622AaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPelado
    First #BAAW Badge Recipient
  • Options
    Adding this to also find out if anybody lives in/near Victoria that can help their favourite (spelling it your way) pack fodder off road “pro” in early July for XTERRA Victoria
    AaronWebsteyCraig D
  • Options
    HSeeley14HSeeley14 Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Can't help you with Quebec, but can ask a few people about Vicsnoria. Do you happen to know Nathan Killam or Rachel McBride (both pros, not Xterra)? They have both raced a lot on the island and may know some people that could offer you a place to stay. I will ask my mom tonight if she knows anyone - she would offer her place, but it's very small and full of cats - ugh. I am sure we can find something. Will you rent a car? The race itself is about 25 min by car outside of downtown Victoria.
    M_Wareidking90
  • Options
    I briefly met Nate a couple years ago when he attempted playing around at this same race. But basically, no.
    And yea, 100% renting a car because I’m flying to Seattle then driving/ferrying. Race organization theoretically promised a home stay, but I’ve had that fall apart in the past on more than one occasion
  • Options
    hojumanhojuman Member
    @idking90 are you racing in the pro field for Victoria? I live near Durrance lake (about 10 mins away) and have contacted the race organizers about hosting someone from the pro field.
    AaronWebsteyidking90
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    hojuman said:

@idking90 are you racing in the pro field for Victoria? I live near Durrance lake (about 10 mins away) and have contacted the race organizers about hosting someone from the pro field.

Lucky!! Such a great place to train!
    idking90

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch