frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

If your bike was a car, what would it be?

Spinning off the new Lambo/Cervelo crossover and since we've already seen relationships with Bianchi/Ferrari, Jaguar/Pinarrello, etc.

If your bike had a crossover with a car, what would it be?

My 2010 Scott Plasma 2 would be similar to a late-90's BMW 3 series that you got for a "smoking deal" on auto trader. When people point out that it's kind of old and irrelevant you show them all the upgrades you made so it's "just like the new ones" even though you can't even put 25c tires on it.

My 2012 Norco CRR 3 (10-speed shimano 105) is a 6-Cyclinder Ford Mustang. It looks fast and has a decent frame but it's really lacking where it counts. People that don't know better thing you have a great bike but real enthusiasts know better.

My Rocky Mountain CX bike would be a Jeep Renegade - The brand has a rich heritage of riding rough trails and getting thrashed around. You think this model would be the same but if you actually attempt it you'll probably die.

M_WareMattMartinAaronWebsteykjrunninmaggieruKenElPescadoPeladoKuch

Comments

• Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator
    My steel racer Marinoni is a 1982 Porsche 911. Looks dated now, but classic lines and always ready to go fast.

MartinAaronWebstey
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Yugo. Pick a year, won't matter.
    AaronWebsteykjrunninKenElPescadoPelado

• Options
    Matt said:

My steel racer Marinoni is a 1982 Porsche 911. Looks dated now, but classic lines and always ready to go fast.

And the back end swings out with the slightest bit of moisture on the road?
    MattTad_MMartinkjrunninStruangmaggieru
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member
    Cannondale CAAD 10, Black Inc model.

It's an undercover Chevy Caprice Interceptor, police model with the Corvette engine for highway use. Aluminum frames are deceptive.
    MattAaronWebsteydoyoueventribro
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member
    edited March 14

Yugo. Pick a year, won't matter.

In Communist Prague, you could trade it for a pair of Levis.

You don't have to justify your need for a new bike to us, @Tad_Machrowicz.
    AaronWebsteyTad_Mellsworth53tKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    bbculpbbculp Member
    My 2009 LOOK 987 hardtail would be Webstey's mom. It's old as shit, it's been used and abused, and it's showing plenty of wear and tear, but it's always up for a rough ride.
    Tad_Mwchevronellsworth53tMattAaronWebsteyMartinRobert RankindoyoueventribroKHilgendorfmbrekk44KenElPescadoPeladosimonsen77KuchEvilTwinAlexS
  • Options
    bbculp said:

My 2009 LOOK 987 hardtail would be Webstey's mom. It's old as shit, it's been used and abused, and it's showing plenty of wear and tear, but it's always up for a rough ride.

@AaronWebstey , I'm so Sworry for laughing... but this is easily a contender for post of the year.
    AaronWebsteybbculpMartinRobert RankinmaggieruEvilTwin

• Options
    ellsworth53tellsworth53t Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    2012 Cervelo P2: the Toyota Camry of bikes.
    Smart& sensible. May not have all of the latest accessories, but it has power windows and I can plug my iPod into the aux port. One day I'll hand this down to my 16 year old son. He will replace the xlab water bottle mount with a subwoofer. He will get his first HJ after the home coming dance in the front seat and I will ground him for a month when I find the roach that he accidentally left in the ash tray. Wait, what were we talking about again?
    Martindoyoueventribrokjrunninmbrekk44KenElPescadoPeladosimonsen77Kuch
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    My Culprit would be @bbculp 's writing - excellent, undervalued, and I pretty much got it for free and never provided anything of worth in return thus unwittingly contributing to its demise
    MattbbculpTad_MMartinRobert RankinmaggierudoyoueventribroKenElPescadoPeladosimonsen77Kuch
  • Options
  • Options
    bbculpbbculp Member
    @AaronWebstey so you're the one guy who bought a Culprit!
    AaronWebsteyMartinmaggieru
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    bbculp said:

@AaronWebstey so you're the one guy who bought a Culprit!

Yeah I definitely bought it with money and didn't ride @Ben Hobbs coattails to a free bike while providing nothing to anybody in return
    Robert RankinMartinmaggieruKenElPescadoPeladoKuch
  • Options
    Back on topic. My TT bike.
    Looks fast but goes slow, built for comfort, and is typically covered in gu

M_WareMattmaggierudoyoueventribrokjrunninmbrekk44KenElPescadoPeladosimonsen77Kuch

• Options
    @matt does the Marinoni shift like shit and does its engine have an incessant wheeze?

My 2004 cervelo p2k is a Honda NSX. Still fast today with the right driver, built in Asia with the best engineering of its time, and has a look that, while dated, is still classic.
  • Options
    Friction shifters on the downtube, the wheezing is just me.

• Options
    Saddle bag
    Crank above horizontal
    Valve stems not aligned
    Ergo bars (not classic curve)
    6/10
    MattMartinwchevronTad_MmaggieruKenElPescadoPeladosimonsen77KuchCraig D
  • Options
  • Options

My 2010 Scott Plasma 2 would be similar to a late-90's BMW 3 series that you got for a "smoking deal" on auto trader. When people point out that it's kind of old and irrelevant you show them all the upgrades you made so it's "just like the new ones" even though you can't even put 25c tires on it.

This strikes so close to home. Add something about not telling my wife about how much I spent on adding Di2 to the frame and it is perfect.

Craig D
  • Options
    kjrunninkjrunnin Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    I think this is the guyest thread of all threads but I will try to play along.

My Argon 18 E-117 Tri+ would be an Audi R8. Super sexy, more than I should spend, and capable of going much faster than I will ever ride it.

My new Liv Envie Advanced Pro 1 would be any modestly priced convertible recently purchased by someone on the West Coast. Looks cute but waiting for a warm, sunny day that never comes... it has yet to get out on the road.
    Tad_MAaronWebsteyMattmaggieruM_WareKenElPescadoPeladodoyoueventribroKuchCraig D

• Options
    Matt said:

Wrong thread.

Maintain combat readiness at all times
    KenElPescadoPeladosimonsen77Craig D

• Options
    Valve logo, crank and bag are already fixed. I'll eventually get to the bars, but I inherited that bike from a family friend and didn't want to change anything.
    Tad_M
  • Options
    ItsShugItsShug Member, Administrator, TRS/Baucco Team Member

A 1970 El Camino
    M_WareKenElPescadoPeladoTad_MAaronWebstey
    Demotivational Speaker
    Master of the Absurd - King of all Polls
    Kansas Native
    Tweets Me  Follow ItsShug
  • Options
    balsdorf said:

This strikes so close to home. Add something about not telling my wife about how much I spent on adding Di2 to the frame and it is perfect.

"No honey, I didn't get a new bike, I just got new bike parts. I just replaced some components but it's still the same frame which is the most expensive part"

**replace frame next year**

"no honey, I didn't get a new bike, I just got a new frame. It's the same old components as my old bike and they're the most expensive part anyway"
    AaronWebsteyTad_MMartinellsworth53tsimonsen77balsdorfM_WareMattCraig DKenElPescadoPeladoSteve Halewski
  • Options
    toebutt769toebutt769 Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    delorean
    M_WareTad_MMartinAaronWebsteyCraig D
    When keeping it real goes terribly wrong.
  • Options
    For @Dark_mark 's Nosecone Shiv, a 2012 Lotus Exige

M_WareTad_Msimonsen77MartinAaronWebsteyellsworth53tCraig DKenElPescadoPeladodoyoueventribroDark_mark
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Level 2 Supporter
    edited March 17
    Sexy RXC = WRX

MartinAaronWebsteyTad_Mellsworth53tCraig Dsimonsen77doyoueventribroeremillong
    Queen of All Pins and A+ Enabler
    Send your Pinterest suggestions to me at:
    QOAP@triroost.com
    http://www.pinterest.com/triroost/
    Queen of All Donut Awards
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member

delorean

Seat tube full of cocaine, can't find parts?
    M_WareAaronWebsteyTad_MCraig DKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Craig DCraig D Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Audi A4. Slightly upscale version of the Civic (same shitty wheels) that gets me from point A to B. Questionable tuning and has the tendency accelerate unexpectedly.

M_WareMartinKenElPescadoPeladosimonsen77Tad_MAaronWebstey
    Canadian Division
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    The half-finished MTB on my back patio is a primer-coated Pinto, up on blocks and easily a year away from running again.
    simonsen77M_WaredoyoueventribroTad_M
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    Bonus challenge: Pick the bike that would best represent your favourite Batmobile.
    KenElPescadoPeladoM_WareAaronWebstey

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch