frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

ISM or Cobb

I have been having trouble with finding comfort with anything on my trainer. Until I recently tried my buddys ism pn 1.0. It felt much better and will definitely be getting something like it, possibly with more padding. Is anybody looking to unload a similar ism or Cobb? I have lots of stuff to trade. Brand new in box Brooks b17. Used, but lots of life bontrager Hilo RXL (smells like roses). Giro empire with the laces cut in a 46. X-lab stuff. Slightly used running shoes in size 11. Barely used trs jersey. Just entertaining the idea before I just order a new one.

Comments

• Options
    ellsworth53tellsworth53t Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    So, you got sucked in to the B17 too? I had some problems finding a good saddle and thought that might be my answer. I rode 20 miles, felt pretty good. Next ride was 100 and I developed a blood blister so big I couldn't ride for 3 weeks after.

I will add, I picked up a Terry Liberator saddle (to replace the Brooks) and it has been nice and comfy for me. It's so fucking ugly, but comfortable.
  • Options
    mbrekk44mbrekk44 Member, POTM
    @ellsworth53t yeah, I thought bi would try one... Definitely not a good fit for me.. and my freshly repaired pelvic floor is not quite ready to break in a leather saddle.. I have ordered an ism pr 3.0 it's supposed to get their most padded seat.. I'm optimistic it will work great!
  • Options
    maggierumaggieru Member, Pro Triathlete
    edited March 2018
    I have a lightly-used/spare ISM Adamo Road taking up room in my house if you're interested in trying it out. Happy to send it to you—just send me your address!

I actually thought I loved the Adamo until I tried a Specialized Sitero and I love it so so so much more. It has a somewhat similar geometry but for some reason the Sitero works better for me after 6 years on various ISM models.
    insta: @magrusch
  • Options
    maggierumaggieru Member, Pro Triathlete
    ... although I should note the Adamo has more cushion for the pushin' versus the Sitero. So maybe it will work great for you! Let me know.
    insta: @magrusch

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch