frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Sportsmanship Thread - Not Everyone is Cheating (all the time)

RashRash Member
Case in point, everyone's (or just my) favorite triathlete.

If you don't have 2 minutes to watch the entire thing, Currie dropped his chain at Challenge Wanaka. Gomez pulled up to give him a push to try to ride it back on. When it didn't work, Gomez held up down the road for him to pull over, get his chain back on and catch up. Gomez went on to beat Currie by about 17 seconds.
Mattsimonsen77M_WarefyrehaarRobert RankinMartinCraig DPreachSwansonkjrunninJames LangebalsdorfAaronWebsteyTad_MachrowiczKenElPescadoPeladoMamaCheetah

Comments

• Options
    PreachSwansonPreachSwanson Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, TRS/Baucco Officers
    love those guys
    Martin
    TRS Racing
    I'm an angel with an incredible capacity for beer
  • Options
    That is why people love Gomez. A fierce competitor but also a class act. I know some of the other top ranked athletes have reputations for being complete assholes and people excuse it as "You gotta do what it takes to win" but it speaks volumes when you can dominate AND be a decent human being.
    fyrehaarM_WareJennifer PostMamaCheetah
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Level 2 Supporter

Tad_MachrowiczJennifer PostGranpa ChookMamaCheetah
    Queen of All Pins and A+ Enabler
    Send your Pinterest suggestions to me at:
    QOAP@triroost.com
    http://www.pinterest.com/triroost/
  • Options
    balsdorf said:

That is why people love Gomez. A fierce competitor but also a class act. I know some of the other top ranked athletes have reputations for being complete assholes and people excuse it as "You gotta do what it takes to win" but it speaks volumes when you can dominate AND be a decent human being.

You wouldn't happen to be talking about getting Rapped would you?
    AaronWebsteyM_WareRobert RankinfyrehaarJennifer PostCraig DMartinKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    dhrdhr Member
    This is the worst.

I want to watch a race, not people being friends.
    M_WareMartinMamaCheetah
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Talk about sportsmanship. Her actions were like an American but her apology like a true Canadian. #sorry
    M_WareAaronWebstey
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator
    It's understandable: Win Gold, settle for Silver, but win Bronze.
    MartinCraig D
  • Options
    RashRash Member
    @Jennifer Post at least she didn't do this one:

wchevronTad_Machrowicz
  • Options

Talk about sportsmanship. Her actions were like an American but her apology like a true Canadian. #sorry

"p. s. I write this under duress. I would do the same thing in a heartbeat. Second place is first loser, and I don't want to celebrate being a loser."

For context, I can't think of another sport where for the last twenty years - twenty years! - no country other than the US and Canada have had a snowball's chance in wherever China is hosting the next winter games to win gold in women's hockey. It's win or lose for these women. The only medal that matters is gold.
    AaronWebsteyJennifer PostM_WareCraig D
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Level 2 Supporter
    @Rash I hadn’t seen that clip before. I couldn’t help but laugh. I know exactly which swear words he must have said as he tossed his medal into the crowd. Fy fan!
    M_Ware

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch