frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

2579 meters

James LangeJames Lange Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
That the elevation gain for the new IM Canada bike course. That's 8461 feet for the metrically impaired. Is this even legal?
Johns622MartinGranpa Chooksimonsen77OverSwimmerCraig_DTuck_n_Roll_Tad_MKenElPescadoPelado

Comments

• Options
    jamoozlejamoozle Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    That seems hellish. The old Grand Columbian Tri in Coulee, WA had 1500+m of climb with 80% of it in the front half, and it was BRUTAL. All that climbing on a TT bike will not be fun.
    James LangeOverSwimmerCraig_D
  • Options
    simonsen77simonsen77 Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Eh, Knoxville had about 3000 ft for a half distance. It wasn’t bad.
    James LangeTuck_n_Roll_Tad_M
    First #BAAW Badge Recipient
  • Options
    Kelly O'MaraKelly O'Mara Member, Pro Triathlete
    Good. At least not everything's becoming flatter and more boring
    James LangekjrunninfyrehaarAaronWebsteyGranpa Chooksimonsen77mbrekk44OverSwimmerCraig_DTuck_n_Roll_Tad_Midking90Mattrangamel
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member
    edited February 13
    I do a Gran Fondo with that kind of elevation gain in the fall. I can barely make it to my car afterwards.

#maketriathlonhardagain
    fyrehaarAaronWebsteyGranpa Chooksimonsen77OverSwimmerCraig_DTuck_n_Roll_Tad_MJames LangePevashishDaul
  • Options
    kjrunninkjrunnin Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Since your bpfing everything anyway @James Lange ...make sure you keep right when I yell “on your left” this summer.

23 weeks, 5 days.
    simonsen77OverSwimmerCraig_DGranpa ChookTuck_n_Roll_Tad_MMartinKenElPescadoPeladoJames LangeAaronWebsteyMatt

• Options
    Tuck_n_Roll_Tad_MTuck_n_Roll_Tad_M Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    edited February 14
    Triple T in Shawnee Ohio is 4000 ft. for the half and about 2000 feet each for each of the 2 Olympics, but you have 2 days to do them. I did the half scale versions, and got about 1300 feet in each of the Sprints and 2000 in the Olympic.
    I would be dreading that for an IM @James Lange. Regarding TT bike, If I ever do Triple T again, I vowed to take my TT bike, but that's cause my roadie is heavy. If I had a carbon roadie, I'd use that for sure. The descents were rather technical, and being on the roadie was best for me. Full disclosure though, most folks had the TT bikes. I'm a dunce anyway.
    James Langesimonsen77

• Options
    Just remember that you get 2.5 vertical km of descending, too. Sounds fun to me. But so does self flagellation.
    Tuck_n_Roll_Tad_MKenElPescadoPeladoJames Langesimonsen77AaronWebsteyOverSwimmerCraig_DMartinrangamel
  • Options
    James LangeJames Lange Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    kjrunnin said:

Since your bpfing everything anyway @James Lange ...make sure you keep right when I yell “on your left” this summer.

23 weeks, 5 days.

Maybe I'll just ride my mountain bike in the ditch. Can't get any more right than that.
    Tuck_n_Roll_Tad_MAaronWebsteykjrunninOverSwimmerCraig_Didking90

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch