frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Anyone who’s installed a ceramicspeed ospw system

Was it a huge pain in the ass? Mine isn’t wanting to shift into the top two gears (probably a screw tension issue. One of the three). Bigger issue I’m having is the wheel won’t come out. It keeps hitting the derailleur. Not sure if it matters but I have vertical drops. Was really hoping this was an easy swap.

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though

Comments

• Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
  • Options
    Yeah that video’s why I thought it’d be easy. I’m honestly not doing it, my LBS is. I was going to do it myself based off that video but had them doing other stuff and thought it’d be an easy addition. The mechanics are both really good and I trust they know what they’re doing. Shifting is dialed, just can’t figure out the back wheel thing. Skewer has to come out to take the wheel off as it is now

• Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Your RD will have an adjustment screw that rotates it backwards against a stop on the hanger. Turn that in to back out the derailleur. If that still doesn’t give you enough space to pull the wheel off, shift to lowest cog and manually push the RD down and out of the way. Once you get it so you can pull the wheel, re-dial in the shifting. It’s a huge jump from 11/12 tooth wheels to 17s, but shouldn’t be untenable.
  • Options
    Yeah that’s what I’ve read. Apparently I need to adjust the B tension screw to pull the top pulley close to the cassette. I haven’t got my hands on it, and won’t until after this weekend, but was just wondering if that was an issue with these oversized pulleys. Hearing AJ’s story, and a couple others, about snapping these I’m trying to be delicate.

• Options
    Robert RankinRobert Rankin Member
    edited February 10
    Got it figured out for the most part. Can only drop the wheel in 19 or 21 On 11-25 cassette for me though

Mattsimonsen77KenElPescadoPelado

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch