frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Ever crashed on the trainer?

Not rollers, but a fixed trainer? I was riding on Rouvy this morning and the Amalfi coast video was so stunning and immersive that at ~34km in, when a donkey train crossed the road in front of "virtual me," I unclipped and prepared to bail before running into the rear ass.

I'm pretty sure that'll be my next vacation. Holy hell that place is beautiful.
kjrunninMattCraig DPreachSwansonM_WareTad_Machrowicz

Comments

• Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Yes. One of the most embarrassing things I’ve done. I was at an early morning group class and forgot to swap out my skewer before mounting my bike on a computrainer.

I slammed my neck and jaw on the adjusting knob of the empty trainer near me as I fell. So lucky it wasn’t worse.

At first, I thought I was ok and went home to rest instead of heading to work. Refused offers of help at the time but later went to ER on my own as the pain got worse. Most interesting thing to me was how I had to keep repeating the story of how I did it. No one seemed to believe it was possible to fall off "a bike machine at a gym." Someone asked me if I wanted to see a counselor which really threw me for a loop. Finally, someone new started his shift and was sent to talk with me because he was a cyclist. He confirmed that my story was odd but it could happen. I asked him why I was offered a counselor. He explained that I had shown up alone at the ER the morning after Valentine's Day and they had suspected domestic abuse since abuse around Valentine's Day is so common. Ugh.

Here's a *lovely* picture about 5 days after I fell.
    KenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Level 2 Supporter
    I was so excited I finally had a crash story of my own j
    to share on triroost that Inforgot the picture!
    M_WareTad_Machrowicz
  • Options
    I was watching the Senna movie last week and leaning in and out of the corners.

I may have fallen off the trainer more than once.
    MattJennifer PostPreachSwansonKenElPescadoPeladoTad_Machrowicz
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator
    That's a sign you should get the Kurt Kinetic Rock n Roll
    Jennifer Post
  • Options
    It's a sign I should be less crap generally!
  • Options
    idking90idking90 Member, Pro Triathlete
    One of our first indoor rides of the year with my college's tri club, something wasn't quite right with either the skewer, legs not even, or....something on the trainer because one of the girls on our team fell off, causing a slight domino effect.
    It's why I now make sure I'm on the outside of the group so I can only get domino'ed from one person.
    Jennifer PostM_WareTad_Machrowicz
  • Options
    We had a domino incident in college as well, but it was on rollers. There were 7 casualties, four broken bones and a lot of tears.
  • Options
    Tad_MachrowiczTad_Machrowicz Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    bbculp said:

We had a domino incident in college as well, but it was on rollers. There were 7 casualties, four broken bones and a lot of tears.

Holy Shit! Beer funnels are clearly safer!
    Johns622idking90

• Options
    Did Senna on rollers today and tried to do most of it in the bars.

I am not smarter than the average bear.
    Craig D

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch