frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Triathlon Videos

SdogSdog Member
I just finished re-watching the 2017 Super League videos on youtube, they were great. Can anyone recommend other Tri videos work a look?

Comments

• Options
    SdogSdog Member
    Ok, in the last two hours I just watched the 2012 women's Olympic race in London. That was an amazing finish, If you have not already seen it definitely have a look.
    M_WareJames LangefyrehaarJennifer Post
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator
    My favourite will always be a toss-up between the Men's 2008 Olympic Race in Beijing and the 2009 Hy-Vee
    Jennifer PostSdogMartin
  • Options
    James LangeJames Lange Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    @Matt Is the 2008 men's Olympic race available? I tried to find it a while back but all I could track down was a shitty recording of the finish. That was a great race.
    Sdog

• Options
    I had the full video downloaded a long time ago, maybe it's still on my external HD at home. Will check tonight.
    Sdog
  • Options
    IF you get the triathlon live access you can get the full ITU WTS races, mens and womens and mixed relays back for a few years. It's about $25 a year I think?
    MattJames LangeJennifer PostSdogMamaCheetah
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    fyrehaar said:

IF you get the triathlon live access you can get the full ITU WTS races, mens and womens and mixed relays back for a few years. It's about $25 a year I think?

The video archive has some really old stuff. I subscribe and it's cool.
    SdogJames LangefyrehaarGranpa Chook

#Sworry 2019 - See you there!
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Level 2 Supporter
    I totally agree with @fyrehaar @Tad_Machrowicz about Triathlon live access. Great archive of videos and the live broadcasts are fantastic.

This post got me thinking about my favorite triathlon clips. I think this one from the 2010 Women's London race from T1 is my favorite for laughs.

SdogwchevronfyrehaarMamaCheetah
  • Options
    SdogSdog Member
    Good ideas all!!

@Matt I will watch the 2012 men's race tonight and work my way back to 2008.

@fyrehaar and @Tad_Machrowicz thanks for the heads up about the ITU access, I did not know about that.

Future discussion topic... " why the F### do I want to train multiple times a day and then watch Tri videos before I go to sleep" can anyone shed some light on that???
    fyrehaar
  • Options
    Here it is, with French commentary

• Options
    Sdog said:

Future discussion topic... " why the F### do I want to train multiple times a day and then watch Tri videos before I go to sleep" can anyone shed some light on that???

Because almost nothing on earth is more boring than watching a long course triathlon, so you can sleep better? Seriously, the guys that make the 8 hour train ride videos through Sweden, and the all day quilting clubs videoson Netflix - they should just broadcast a triathlon without commentary.
    SdogM_WareTad_M
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Thanks @Jennifer Post for that clip. I missed that. Such a clear clean race condition. Maybe there was a hidden layer of black ice! Unbelievable.

#Sworry 2019 - See you there!

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch