frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

#sworry for doping!

MartinMartin Member
Canadian golfer dopes by accident, self-reports, says sworry, takes suspension.

https://www.tsn.ca/fritsch-suspended-for-anti-doping-violation-1.962370
Johns622Tuck_n_Roll_Tad_MAaronWebsteyIanL

Comments

• Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator
    There's testing in Golf?
  • Options
    @matt I guess it's an olympic sport now, so...
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator
    So that's why most of the top-ranked men on the PGA tour skipped Rio...
    KenElPescadoPeladoMartin
  • Options
    Tuck_n_Roll_Tad_MTuck_n_Roll_Tad_M Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    I say kudos to him for doing this. It's easy to make it a joke, but this guy's what triathletes should strive to emulate IMO.

How many pro triathletes would turn themselves in while staring at an immediate gross cash earnings loss of at least 30-40k?????? (Most would be so starry eyed at that figure of course, but consider even those who are making that much.....)

Stats say he played 18 events in 2017 on PGA tour, making 166k USD. That's about 9k per event average. It's acually 16.6k since he made the cut in only 10, thus only had money potential in 10. But for purposes of probability, his self-imposed suspension will cause him to miss at least 3 or 4 events. PGA was nice enough to make it retroactive to Nov. 30th, but he typically plays several events in Jan/Feb.

I'd buy him a beer for sure.
    RashccochraneOverSwimmerCraig_DStruangKenElPescadoPeladoGasBombIanL

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch