frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Show us your Pain Cave

Sorry for the delay.

The fake TRX straps (were only $30) are bolted into the floor joists on the other side of the door. Didn’t want to mess up the ceiling or wall in the workout side with the attachment bracket.
When you come down the stairs the opposite side is where all the kids sleepover or where I hide when they come over.

M_WareAaronWebsteysimonsen77Craig_DMattKuchTad_MEvanMamaCheetahIanL

Comments

• Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Anything with pillars, even if faux, can hardly be called a cave. My pain cave is barely one step up from a cellar. Color me jealous.
    AaronWebsteyCraig_DmaggierukjrunninMamaCheetah
    Queen of All Pins and A+ Enabler
    Send your Pinterest suggestions to me at:
    QOAP@triroost.com
    http://www.pinterest.com/triroost/
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    maggierumaggieru Member, Pro Triathlete
    .... can I ask what paint color you have on the walls? Beautiful! Your pain cave is nicer than my living room!
    M_WareMamaCheetah
    insta: @magrusch
  • Options
    wchevronwchevron Member
    edited December 2017
    M_Ware said:

Anything with pillars, even if faux, can hardly be called a cave. My pain cave is barely one step up from a cellar. Color me jealous.

I really don't do any working out down there. I tell my wife I'm going for a long run, turn on the treadmill, then sit on the medicine ball and watch TV.
    M_WarekjrunninMattCraig_DbalsdorfAaronWebsteyKuchKenElPescadoPeladoccochraneEvanMamaCheetah
  • Options
    maggieru said:

.... can I ask what paint color you have on the walls? Beautiful! Your pain cave is nicer than my living room!

Benjamin Moore
    Pale Smoke #1584
    M_WaremaggieruAaronWebstey
  • Options
    mbrekk44mbrekk44 Member
    edited December 2017
    "Show us your pain cave" sounds like something that could be considered sexual harassment.. C'mon it's almost 2018... My usual setup got moved to my parents house where I'll be at for a while.. here it is in mom's sunroom

wchevronMattM_WarekjrunninRobert RankinCraig_DmaggieruAaronWebsteyKuchsimonsen77Tad_MMartinEvanrigpigRashAlexSMamaCheetahregular_mark
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    @mbrekk44 's pain cave: come for the exercise, stay for the love bead lamp. Oooh, papi!
    mbrekk44Craig_DRobert RankinTad_MRash
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    This reminds me of 2 really old T-Shirts...

ccochraneMamaCheetah
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    "I don't care, just make sure it still works as a den/t.v. area"
    Thanks again to @ryanjgates, my Secret Santa, for the many months of Zwift. Super convenient with the native app on Apple tv

M_WarewchevronCraig_Dmbrekk44StruangAaronWebsteyRobert RankinMamaCheetahKenElPescadoPelado

#Sworry 2019 - See you there!
  • Options
    EvanEvan Member
    here goes mine... it's behind my garage (we put up a dry wall and insulated the part where you'd store tools and other manly things I don't own/know how to use)...

@maggieru it's white by Sherwin Williams

AaronWebsteyRobert RankinM_Warewchevronkjrunninsimonsen77MamaCheetahTad_MMattHoltyKenElPescadoPelado

unofficial non-general counsel for TRS Racing and other TRS-related entities
  • Options
    rigpigrigpig Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Looks like @mbrekk44 got himself a new seat that he can handle! "The Spike" on my bike laughs at that seat... Wanna trade?
    MamaCheetahKenElPescadoPelado

Kevin Brydges
    You're the rig guy? You don't look like you worked on rigs....
  • Options
    wchevron said:

M_Ware said:

I really don't do any working out down there. I tell my wife I'm going for a long run, turn on the treadmill, then sit on the medicine ball and watch TV.
    .... or in the TRX sex swing.

StruangEvanCraig_DTad_MKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    edited January 2
    @Evan , the Sherwin Williams white is perfect with that bad assed Ridley!!!!!!! Well done. The seats on the wall are perfect. I wonder if my family will notice this upgrade........
    Evan

• Options
    This is my “dining room”. You know, where I eat Gu and chips for dinner.
    MattwchevronM_WarerigpigStruangEvanCraig_DTad_MHoltyKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    edited January 2
    Anyone want to crash in my guest room? I have a smart trainer in there you can use.

This was a half accidental reno. Apparently my wife saying "sure" when I asked if it was okay to start on Dec. 22, with family coming to our place on Xmas, if I promise that I finish before the new year, she was being sarcastic. Probably 3 days to go... "Sure"

MamaCheetahEvanCraig_DHolty
  • Options
    @Evan who signed the Mont Saint Michel TT print?
  • Options
    EvanEvan Member
    Matt said:

@Evan who signed the Mont Saint Michel TT print?

it's the artist from this Etsy shop, i imagine ( https://www.etsy.com/shop/CyclingPosters?ref=pr_shop_more )

extra bonus points if you know of whom the portrait is for that stage

• Options
    EvanEvan Member
    @MamaCheetah i'm scared to ask after the TRX comment, but what does someone need Aquaphor for in the middle of a trainer sesh?
    MamaCheetahCraig_D

• Options
    Evan said:

@MamaCheetah i'm scared to ask after the TRX comment, but what does someone need Aquaphor for in the middle of a trainer sesh?

Never you mind about that.
    rigpigCraig_DAaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Evan said:

extra bonus points if you know of whom the portrait is for that stage

Tony Martin wore the rainbow bands that year.
    Evan
  • Options
    Evan said:

Aero position of course @Evan , shame on you for not knowing that.......
    rigpigMamaCheetahEvan

• Options
    jrielley1406jrielley1406 Member, Pro Triathlete
    Here is mine. Painted cement walls/ceilings and enclosed the laundry room. Ideally I’d like to put a nice tv on that wall but first is a treadmill next to the bike. Just have to figure out which one to buy!

M_WareCraig_DRobert RankinTad_MKuchAaronWebstey
    First year “pro” triathlete and first time dad! So basically freaking out on a day to day basis...
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    @jrielley1406 your lack of Kenny Glah posters disturbs me. Here's a good one to start your collection.

KenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    jrielley1406jrielley1406 Member, Pro Triathlete
    @AaronWebstey I’m still in the early stages! Have a few posters that I need to put up. But that is a good one!
    AaronWebstey
    First year “pro” triathlete and first time dad! So basically freaking out on a day to day basis...
  • Options
    I can't decide what's scarier in that photo: the mustache, the visor, or the tan lines.
    M_WareCraig_DAaronWebsteyStruang
  • Options
    Matt said:

I can't decide what's scarier in that photo: the mustache, the visor, or the tan lines.

It's all part of the wonder that is the 3rd greatest triathlete of the late 80s.
  • Options
    @AaronWebstey , Sir Glah, Mike Pigg, and ?

• Options
    Dave. Never was a fan of fancy-boy newcomer Mark.
    Tad_M
  • Options
    EvilTwinEvilTwin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
  • Options
    The work pain cave. Finding it easier and easier to train on getting to work rather than at home - it's also nice and easy to swab off the floors here as they're some sort of rubberised thing.

Keep the rollers (with bastard-pain-inducing-Kreitler-fan) here, and around the corner is a fully set gym. If ever I wish to get on a rowing machine again, there's no shortage here. There's also a lactate setup when I can convince the boss to do one on me.

Paint is by Dulux on the walls, magnolia and a mix of colours used to replicate Pantone 557 (Cambridge Blue)

M_WareEvanCraig_DTad_M
  • Options
    EvanEvan Member
    might be time to upgrade that ipad @altayloraus

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch